DIS Meet Dec 8 07

DS bought the most gorgeous diamond ring yesterday!! He is at Ruth Chris steakhouse tonight proposing!!! I am so excited for them!!

:love: That is soooooooooooo exciting. Congratulations future MIL! Ruth's Chris is so romantic. :cloud9: Perfect restaurant for a proposal. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Jennifer

Merryl (okay is it Meryl or Merryl?) and Beth,

How far are y'all from The Hudson River? I am so amazed that the US Airways plane crash didn't have any casualties. ::cop: That pilot was amazing. Also, the rescue team was really on-top of everything and got everyone off the wing in a timely manner. It really was a "Miracle on the Hudson River". :angel:

princess: Jennifer
Sorry for the late reply, but we've been a bit busy these days!

As the crow flies, I'm less than 15 miles from the site of the accident. Fortunately, the river is fairly wide where the plane landed, and at this time of year there isn't much boat traffic. The pilot did an awesome job landing that plane! I hate taking off from LaGuardia Airport because they have really short runways and then a very steep ascent. I'm glad everything turned out so well.

Merryl:

Congratulations (I'm guessing it all went well and she said "YES")! Being a mother-in-law is quite interesting some times!

Beth

We are checking out this morning, and have enjoyed our time here. But the Neverland Pool is closed right now! :sad1: The smaller pool is open but the chlorine is so bad the kids are practically blind right now! I was going to ask about pool hopping to the Grand Californian, but when I saw their pool, it's pretty small too.

I specifically wanted to stay here because I know that next time we'll stay at the DVC villas at Grand California (more on that later). So I'm glad we did. There's no food court, but they offer free coffee in the mornings, and the coffee shop in the resort works for a quick breakfast or lunch. We're in the Magic Tower and I really like the location.

You walk through DTD to get to the parks (or can take the monorail to Tomorrowland), but I really like the DTD here. If you stayed at Hojo, you'd actually have a shorter walk, which is something to consider.

The DVC models are gorgeous! The 1 BR is more spacious than even AKV. It has the 2nd bath, and they sleep 5 comfortably because there's a Murphy Bed in the LR in addition to the sofa bed (you lose some drawer space with the bed). You have to check them out when you're here!

Remember Disneyland is smaller than the Magic Kindom, but I still love it as I grew up here. Plus it's Walt's original park, and is just more charming. CA Adventure is NOT as Walt would've built, but I think you already know about all the modifications there. The Sun Wheel was closed and the lake was drained, so I think they're already starting on the construction.

My laptop screen keeps blacking out - I am so ready to move to a Mac! So I need to wrap this up but you can email me if you have any questions.

Wendy

Thanks everyone! And yes, she did say yes. There was never a doubt in my mind. She adores my DS...not sure why :confused3 :rotfl: :rotfl: , but she does!!

As of now they are looking at Sept 2010 for a wedding. Good think I didn't book the Transatlantic!!! LOL

:faint: Two kids down, one to go. Having stitches that is. Yesterday afternoon, Cole tripped over a scooter and hit his chin. :sad: He busted it open really good. I rushed him to the Acute Child Clinic (like a mini hospital for kids). He got five stitches like Emily. Bill met me up there to help with the other kids. I told Will, he it not allowed to fall within the next six months. I don't want to make it a trifecta. :confused3

:guilty: Jennifer

We are checking out this morning, and have enjoyed our time here.

Wendy

:thumbsup2 Glad to hear you had a great time. Sorry about the pools. I hope they are all fixed by the time we get there. I read the sunwheel at DCA is suppose to be back up and running in April. So, we will get to see it with Mickey's face. I've seen sketches and honestly think the sun looks better. Oh well. I've read some recent DLR trip reports and saw some pictures of people in front of the drained lake. :crazy2: It looks terrible. Why did they drain it? I hope it is filled by the time we get there.

:scratchin I've looked at the resort maps, but can't tell ... does the monorail STOP at the GCH? I know it goes through the resort. However, I can't find anywhere if it actually stops there. If it does stop there, I may change our reservation. I forgot about the new DVC Villas. We'll have to swing over and take a look. The incentives for BLT and AKV just expired and we didn't add-on. We just weren't wow'd by the incentives. Did anyone add-on?

::yes:: I can't wait to hear more about your trip! Any tips or dining recommendations?

I plan on making PS for the following:
Blue Bayou (Bill's Birthday lunch)
Cafe' Orleans (I'm not 100% sure on this one. If we do BB should we skip CO?)
Goofy's Kitchen (character breakfast)
Plaza Inn (character breakfast)

Should we do just one of the character breakfasts? If just one, which would you choose? I don't want to overplan sit-down restaurants. The parks are all new to us. I think we'd rather be out having fun than sitting down for a two-hour meal.

Beth,

You probably know but ... I read that WDW is NOT hosting the Teddy Bear and Doll Weekend at Epcot this year. I thought I read you planned on attending.

The following e-mail was sent to a fellow DISer:

Dear :

Due to the introduction of a variety of popular teddy bear and doll product lines, the need for an organized convention specifically for teddy bear and doll collectors has changed and will no longer occur at the Walt Disney World Resort.

We are pleased to let you know that you will still have access to a special line of teddy bear and doll products offered at disneygallery.com and at select merchandise locations throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

Please visit disneygallery.com and disneypins.com for information about future offerings.

Thank you,
Walt Disney Event Services

I thought you'd want to know.

:faint: Two kids down, one to go. Having stitches that is. Yesterday afternoon, Cole tripped over a scooter and hit his chin. :sad: He busted it open really good. I rushed him to the Acute Child Clinic (like a mini hospital for kids). He got five stitches like Emily. Bill met me up there to help with the other kids. I told Will, he it not allowed to fall within the next six months. I don't want to make it a trifecta. :confused3

:guilty: Jennifer

I had this with DD..she got 2 sets of stiches in her chin right after the other. One set had just healed...and we were heading out to our first Disney Cruise and a week trip to WDW..so she wanted to be able to swim!! Thankfully she was set by the time we were ready to go!!

There was a time I was in the ER so often with them that I was afraid Child Protective Services was gonna come knocking!!

Beth,

You probably know but ... I read that WDW is NOT hosting the Teddy Bear and Doll Weekend at Epcot this year. I thought I read you planned on attending.

The following e-mail was sent to a fellow DISer:

Dear :

Due to the introduction of a variety of popular teddy bear and doll product lines, the need for an organized convention specifically for teddy bear and doll collectors has changed and will no longer occur at the Walt Disney World Resort.

We are pleased to let you know that you will still have access to a special line of teddy bear and doll products offered at disneygallery.com and at select merchandise locations throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

Please visit disneygallery.com and disneypins.com for information about future offerings.

Thank you,
Walt Disney Event Services

I thought you'd want to know.

We're going in May anyway to celebrate my birthday, my friend's birthday, and I think I'm taking my older granddaughter to celebrate HER birthday. We have to figure out exactly when we're going so that we know whose birthday will be during the time that we're there. We can save money by going for my birthday and my friend's (5/23 and 5/24) but that runs into the holiday weekend. However, I have to get my Disney fix! We're even thinking about the possibility of a 4-night cruise.

Beth

Jennifer...

I just heard on the news about Microsoft...I hope Bill's job is safe!!

We are checking out this morning, and have enjoyed our time here. But the Neverland Pool is closed right now! :sad1: The smaller pool is open but the chlorine is so bad the kids are practically blind right now! I was going to ask about pool hopping to the Grand Californian, but when I saw their pool, it's pretty small too.

I specifically wanted to stay here because I know that next time we'll stay at the DVC villas at Grand California (more on that later). So I'm glad we did. There's no food court, but they offer free coffee in the mornings, and the coffee shop in the resort works for a quick breakfast or lunch. We're in the Magic Tower and I really like the location.

You walk through DTD to get to the parks (or can take the monorail to Tomorrowland), but I really like the DTD here. If you stayed at Hojo, you'd actually have a shorter walk, which is something to consider.

The DVC models are gorgeous! The 1 BR is more spacious than even AKV. It has the 2nd bath, and they sleep 5 comfortably because there's a Murphy Bed in the LR in addition to the sofa bed (you lose some drawer space with the bed). You have to check them out when you're here!

Remember Disneyland is smaller than the Magic Kindom, but I still love it as I grew up here. Plus it's Walt's original park, and is just more charming. CA Adventure is NOT as Walt would've built, but I think you already know about all the modifications there. The Sun Wheel was closed and the lake was drained, so I think they're already starting on the construction.

My laptop screen keeps blacking out - I am so ready to move to a Mac! So I need to wrap this up but you can email me if you have any questions.

Wendy

We were at Disneyland and California Adventure in November and I love how easy it is to park hop. Glad you had fun.

Jennifer...

I just heard on the news about Microsoft...I hope Bill's job is safe!!

:wave2: Hi Merryl,

:flower3: Thank you for the concern. As of right now, Bill's job is safe. They seem to be cutting the workforce in other areas of the company. He knew there was a big announcement today. The rumors have been roaming the halls for the past few weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next few weeks. Microsoft has an amazing employee benefits plan. I know we won't be able to find another company like it. He's making himself "needed". ;)

Thank you again for your concern. :goodvibes

pixiedust: Jennifer

:flower3: Thank you for the concern. As of right now, Bill's job is safe. They seem to be cutting the workforce in other areas of the company. He knew there was a big announcement today. The rumors have been roaming the halls for the past few weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next few weeks. Microsoft has an amazing employee benefits plan. I know we won't be able to find another company like it. He's making himself "needed". ;)

Cool!! Very glad to hear that!!

We'll be thinking of you guys the next few weeks. pixiedust: pixiedust:

Jennifer:

We'll be thinking of you and hoping for continued job stability for Bill!

That's one good thing about working for the government for all these years. They'd have to lay off almost everyone else in City Hall before they get to me! And at that point, I could retire. Actually, I can retire any time now, and would if I got a better offer somewhere. My son also works for the government (county, not city) and the county freeholders are trying to rescind their contract raise, which occurred on Jan. 1. Since my son is a shop steward for the union, he's pretty busy right now. Between that and the babies, he's going crazy!

Beth

I hope with all this yucky weather, everyone stays safe!!!!

:cold: It is finally "officially" cold here in Texas (in the high 20's). Emily didn't have school today. The roads are fine now. But, we are expecting an "ice storm". I guess they didn't want parents and school buses out on the roads. Luckily, they build-in snow days in the school year calendar. So, she will only have one day off near Easter, as opposed to two days off. :cool1: It may even snow during the night. We live for one or two snowy days a year. This may be it. ;)

Everyone stay warm!

I hope everyone from this storm (if you got any of it) is okay. We still don't have power. We all piled up at the inlaws house last night since they had a wood stove in their other living room. At least we stayed warm. I went by my house before going to work and it got down to 41 degrees in there over night. Hopefully they will have power restored by the weekend hopefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter