• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dis-O-Lantern Contest - Results posted on page 1 post #2 -

WebmasterCricket

<font color=blue>Administrator<br><font color=red>
Welcome to the first Dis-O-Lantern VMK Pumpkin Carving Contest

Anyone may enter provided they follow the following guidelines:

1) Have fun!

2) Kids, please ask your parents permission.

3) Only one entry per person.

4) You must either carve or surface-scrape a pumpkin or related gourd. ;) Dyes are acceptable however a strictly painted pumpkin will not be (far too easy to purchase, sorry)

5) Internal illumination is NOT required. If you do use fire in any way, PLEASE BE CAREFULL!

6) You may use more than one pumpkin in your submission however the theme of all elements must be related. You may submit a brief explanation if you feel it is needed.

7) Your pumpkin MUST be Disney, VMK or DIS related in some way.

8) Please submit a single photo of your entry to me through a PM by October 30 5:00 PM eastern. Please do not include your name in any way in the photo, however placing a “flat” near your entry will be ok :)

9) You may work as a team, however any prizes won will only be given to the user who submitted the entry.

10) Blind judging should be completed on October 31st and all prizes awarded shortly thereafter.

11) Everyone will win SOMETHING, so do not hesitate to enter whatever your skill level may be :)

If you wish to donate anything to the prize pool, please contact me through a PM.
I cannot accept "real" things, I am very sorry. All prize donations at this point need to be virtual only TYVM

You do not need to tell me that you are entering. There is nothing for you to do other than enter with your picture before the 30th (as stated above).

I think I answered all the questions that were previously asked. If I did not, you can either PM me or post to this thread.

As soon as I get a more complete prize list, I will post all of them in the reply below this one. This section will be only rules and procedures. If there are any changes, they will be highlighted.

Good luck!

-Results-

First off, let me say that I was surprised at how great all the entries were and also how many there were. I never expected to get half the number of entries I did. It tells me that all of you have awesome holiday spirit and you should all be commended on your hard work.

The secret panel of judges was given instruction to judge on imagination/creativity first and foremost and then and only then on carving skills.

It was closer than I had expected but I did not have to break a tie so the winner’s placement was clear. The judge’s decision is final. They were as follows:

Grand Prize Winner:

milliepie
22.jpg

Second Place:

DisIvyCo
8.jpg

Third Place:

Dis-Wiz
11.jpg

The participation prize is a Mickey Pumpkin (not the quest pumpkin) given in game by me

-or-

A spin on the second chance wheel with a chance to win a bonus prize in game by getting a “fix” ;) (6)

The top 3 winners will be contacted by PM to collect their prizes and I will be available in game today at various times in one of my rooms to hand out the pumpkins or let you spin the wheel if you so desire.

I NEED YOUR VMK ID’S PM’D TO ME PRIOR TO YOUR TRYING TO COLLECT YOUR PRIZE IN GAME. NO EXCEPTIONS!

My VMK id is “DisCricket” so just search for me and don’t worry if you can’t find me because I will be in and out all day and there will be other days I am available as well other than today.

Feel free to post any questions.

-Prizes-

All contestants will get a special Tag Fairy tag to let everyone know that they are a contestant:

micpumc.gif

Donated by in (*)

Grand Prize includes:
Dancing Inferno Magic Pin
Dancing_Inferno.jpg

$50 in Disney Dollars *(WebmasterPete)

Pirate Well Code (Coasterguy)
Animator's Desk Code (Coasterguy)
A box of hats including - 4th of July hat, Jafar hat, Maleficent hat, Sorcerer Mickey hat, Witch hat (schnerk)
Animal Kingdom Safari Room Code (MomsGoneGoofy)
Thrill Seeker's Quest Pin Code (MomsGoneGoofy)
High School Piano Code (MomsGoneGoofy)
DLR Halloween Pumpkin Code (milliepie)
Complete Gray Haunted Mansion Suit with Top Hat
High School Musical Room Code (Mal)
Pirate Fortress Room Code (Mal)
Tent Room Code (Mal)
Kali Sofa Code (Mal)
5 Star Fireworks Pin (LoriR)
Safari Lifestyle Collection code (LoriR)
Pink Nemo Chair Code (LoriR)
Wanted Poster Code (LoriR)

Second Place:

$30 in Disney Dollars *(WebmasterPete)

Animal Kingdom Safari Room Code (MomsGoneGoofy)
Thrill Seeker's Quest Pin Code (MomsGoneGoofy)
Kali Sofa Code (MomsGoneGoofy)
DLR Halloween Pumpkin Code (Coasterguy)
Tent Room Code (LoriR)
Pink Heartless Code (LoriR)
Big Thunder Mountain Teleporter Set Code (LoriR)
Red Saddle Seat Code (LoriR)
Ace Of Spades Carpet Code (LoriR)
Rhino Poster Code (LoriR)
Gorilla Poster Code (LoriR)
Magenta Rocket Code (LoriR)
Stitch Teleporters Code (LoriR)

Third Place:

$15 in Disney Dollars *(WebmasterPete)

DLR Halloween Pumpkin Code (Coasterguy)
Tent Room Code (LoriR)

All Contestants Receive:

^See above^

* Requires physical mailing address to be submitted to WebmasterCricket upon wining. If you do not wish to accept, you may gift your Disney Dollars to the next person in line.

: : : : : : : : : : : Contestant list : : : : : : : : : : :

View all enteries here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=15272804#post15272804

1) schnerk
2) SpaceCommander
3) PirateDaisy
4) RiceOwl
5) DarthJordan
6) Someybody
7) ash410
8) Disneyfan_77
9) DisneyMania05
10) redsfan
11) Funniebunny
12) TikiKrissy
13) cat_herder
14) Dis-Wiz
15) marcm
16) IneedafriendVMK
17) SpongeBlair
18) Future_Imagineer
19) kjhoffman87
20) pinkgalYall
21) G.AwesomeGirl
22) Dis.SwimGirl
23) beherenow
24) Melp
25) shellybellypolo
26) Lollipop's Mom
27) Swimmingneno
28) hdmonkeybug
29) zeniff
30) Danovara
31) macntosh
32) Sparkle_Cherry
33) coolaronie
34) milliepie
35) Mousecrazy22
36) DisIvyCo
37) peasy
38) ForeverWDW
39) CaptHook34
40) WDWfan36
41) Minnie328

Your name will be added to the list after I get your PM with your photo in it.

I'll add you to the list as soon as I get your PM :)

I just got word of a prize that makes me wish I could enter! Stay tuned ;)

SHould be fun. We have already carved our pumpkins... :)

Count me in! I think I will carve my pretty pumpkin tomorrow! Sounds like fun!

You can totally count me in! It will be more fun making a pumpkin for a reason more than just display! :thumbsup2

Count me in, you will get my entry pic some time this week.

I'm talking my mom into making Figaro the black cat, from Pinocchio. It fits Halloween, yet it's Disney! Or maybe Mickey..

I would love to enter.. I carve disney pumpkins every year, so it will be fun to try to win something for doing what I enjoy. Thanks for doing this! :)

I will definitely be entering!

Expect a PM in the next couple of days, WebmasterCricket. :)

Count me in, I have never carved a pumpkin before but I bought one last night to have a go. Halloween isn't really a big event in the UK but it will be in our house this year :Pinkbounc

I might be carving my pumpkin this weekend, so you can probably expect my entry next week! :thumbsup2 (I am trying my own design this year, so I am not too sure how it will go, lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter