Dis Pudding Club

Pegasus928

DIS Veteran
Hi there pudding lovers. :thumbsup2

As we have all no doubt seen there are a lot of Dissers around these parts that come fitted with a very sweet tooth. You only have to look at some of the pics in the trip reports to appreciate this :worship:

The idea of the pudding club is that we can share some of our favourites and maybe have a go at some of the recipes that will appear on here and post the results.
We will also list those puddings featured below, along with a direct link to them :goodvibes

Any pudding featured can be either home made, shop bought or ordered from a menu in a restaurant. All we ask is that you provide a picture (to make our mouths water) and as much information as you can (recipe, shop/price or name of restaurant) so that we can all give them a try if we like what we see :goodvibes

Being one of the ones with a sweet tooth I really hope this works - if only so I have an excuse for trying new things :thumbsup2

Featured Puddings​
2Tiggies - Mickey Waffles and Chocolate Brownies Milky Bar
Sapper383 - Vaniila Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting and Recipe Hannah Montana Cake and Oreo Cupcakes
Chilly - Brooklyn Blackout Cake
aaronandterri - Cupcakes and Chicks Marble Mini Egg Cakes
irisheyes123 - Fruit Flans Chocolate cake with fudge frosting and home made fondant Marshmallow Fondant Recipe
Pegasus928 - Anfield Birthday Cake Jamaica Ginger Cake and Recipe
Mrs Pegasus - Red Velvet Cupcakes and Recipe
scojos - Strawberry Jam Doughnuts Cinnamon Rolls
Buzzforboys - Krispie Kreme Donuts White Chocolate and Raspberry Cake Heart Biccies Treacle Tart and Eclairs
BethEJo - Cookie-in-a-Cookie and Recipe Melt in the Middle Chocolate Pudding Plum Tatin and Recipe
T16GEM - Coffee Cream Cupcakes Oreo Cupcakes
Dimplenose - Chocolate Victoria Sandwich
DisneyGabz - Chocolate Brownies

Can I start then?

I whipped up a very nutitious meal for DD and I this evening. Yes, this was dinner :rolleyes: Mickey waffles and icecream! But wait - it's good for you. :teeth:

100_1881.jpg

100_1880.jpg

These waffles were made with gluten free flour, but rather unusually, the trade up works with the original recipe perfectly, just by adding one extra egg.

To balance everything out we had apple slices, fresh blueberries and raspberries. All the fruit was organic so I had to corrupt it a bit with a teensy little dusting of icing sugar :upsidedow

There was just a little drizzle of maple syrup over the waffles. Neither DD nor I like our food to go soggy so we rather add a little later if need be. The little bowl is just plain vanilla icecream - oh and it was crying for a little bit of chocolate on top so I just melted a small piece to round it all off.

Nutritional information:

Calcium: Plenty in the icecream - good for teeth and bones
Protein: There is egg in the waffle mix
Carbohydrates: Enough to keep us going until morning - essential for energy
Sugar: Maybe more than should be allowed on Monday, but perfect for the weekend
Fat: Never heard of it. I hate it when you see things on packaging that you can't pronounce :rotfl:

Not a decadent dessert but a fun meal.

DD's rating is 9/10 - she said it was perfect, but I made the apple slices too big :rolleyes1

My rating: 8/10: The waffles were fluffy and tasted as good as waffles do. I love fresh fruit, especially berries and these did not disappoint. The icecream was a little too rich for me, but really good and I didn't scoop too much so it was just the right amount to go with the other items. It lost 2 points for me because (1) The waffles cooled off a bit while I was taking pictures :snooty: and (2) I have to go down and clean the kitchen now.

They do look good (where's a drooling smiley when you need one)
Even better as I haven't had tea yet.
And I do love your take on the fat situation :lmao: A bit like mine that says that anything that you take from someone elses plate doesn't count (or is at the very worse half the fat)

They do look good (where's a drooling smiley when you need one)
Even better as I haven't had tea yet.
And I do love your take on the fat situation :lmao: A bit like mine that says that anything that you take from someone elses plate doesn't count (or is at the very worse half the fat)

Apparently if you eat in the dark or with your eyes closed, calories can't see you :lmao:

Wow I want to come yours for dinner Tiggies!

Even better its gluten free !! Is it a packet mix or do you have a recipe ???

Wow I want to come yours for dinner Tiggies!

Even better its gluten free !! Is it a packet mix or do you have a recipe ???

No, no packet mix. I bought a Mrs Crimbles GF one once and it didn't work well, but then I don't always follow the instructions :rolleyes1

It is the recipe that came with the waffle maker. It calls for 2 eggs, but I only make half the recipe as it's too much. So I halve everything but use the 2 eggs. As always with GF flour (it's doves farm white) you need to let it stand 10 minutes and add a little more milk too. It's dead easy. And GF flour is easy to wash too :woohoo: I can post the recipe if you want it or PM it to you. :goodvibes

No, no packet mix. I bought a Mrs Crimbles GF one once and it didn't work well, but then I don't always follow the instructions :rolleyes1

It is the recipe that came with the waffle maker. It calls for 2 eggs, but I only make half the recipe as it's too much. So I halve everything but use the 2 eggs. As always with GF flour (it's doves farm white) you need to let it stand 10 minutes and add a little more milk too. It's dead easy. And GF flour is easy to wash too :woohoo: I can post the recipe if you want it or PM it to you. :goodvibes

Oh yes please!! I have got very successful with baking gf cakes but my pancakes / waffles are very hit n miss as i try to adapt a normal recipe that just doesnt work !! Keira eats them but the rest of us gag :lmao:

Thanks a million xxx

Oh yes please!! I have got very successful with baking gf cakes but my pancakes / waffles are very hit n miss as i try to adapt a normal recipe that just doesnt work !! Keira eats them but the rest of us gag :lmao:

Thanks a million xxx

Will PM you the recipe so as not to take this thread off topic :goodvibes

Made these today.....Not good for my Diet:rotfl:

Vanilla Cupcakes with Marshmallow frosting.....lush:cool1:

Picture550.jpg

Picture552.jpg

Those look absolutely divine! :worship: How did you make the frosting? I can't do the marshmallow thing - it always goes chewy. Have you eaten them yet?

I should have been patient and asked you for the recipe. I just whipped up some chocolate brownies tonight and then realised so far I am the only little piggy on this thread - so glad you also brought something yummy to the party :)

thanks Guys...they taste lovely....limited myself to one as they are no good for the diet:rotfl:

120g granulated sugar
80g golden syrup
1 1/2 tablespoons water
2 large egg whites

Cook the sugar, golden syrup and water in a saucepan on a high heat for about 6mins

Meanwhile whisk egg whites untill peaks form, then add the syrup slowly, whisking all the time. then whisk until the mixture is cool.

It's very easy and tasts like the inside of walnut whips:thumbsup2

sounds yummy!

My cake is currently cooling. It was a lot more tricky than I thought it was going to be and some bits didn't quite go to plan but hopefully it'll all come together in the end. The kitchen ended up looking like a bombsite. I'll post photos when its all finished.

I was so pleased to see some more desserts posted. I didn't like to thing that I am the only little glutton.....:eek: Tonight was chocolate brownies, washed down with a lovely cappuccino :) Second night in a row I have had some form of dessert for dinner :guilty: Tomorrow, it's bottled water so I won't be posting pics. :laughing:

100_1883.jpg

Just so you know, I only ate 2 - not all four on that plate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter