DIS/VMK Board Riddle! NEW QUESTION POSTED WITH PRIZE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelsie

DIS Veteran
There is a prize for the first correct answer. :)

There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

startling
remove the l, and the word becomes: starting
remove one t, and the word becomes: staring
remove the a, and the word becomes: string
remove the r, and the word becomes: sting
remove the other t, and the word becomes: sing
remove the g, and the word becomes: sin
remove the s, and the word becomes: in
remove the n, and the word becomes: I

Edit: Is that the word you're looking for? I think there are 2 or 3 others that work also

That's correct and you win! I will PM your prize.

For now, you can only win once.

Next riddle!

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out!

WebmasterKelsie said:
Next riddle!

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out!

To me I see fragments, but then again I am not the best at grammar. Maybe it's just me but the unusual part is the punctuations.

VMK_KrazyLuke said:
To me I see fragments, but then again I am not the best at grammar. Maybe it's just me but the unusual part is the punctuations.

Nope :)

No E

WebmasterKelsie said:
Next riddle!

I didn't notice the vowel "e" in any words. LOL

There is no word "that".

In my opinion I thought it should be there, lol

I pmed you the answer kelsie because I didn't know if you'd let me try again

Why it's the letter H!

Something to do with the letters being flipped or something I remember this from math class

H is the other one

Nano, she said you can only win once, so please don't mess this up for the rest of us who aren't as fast at google as you are.

You can't win again! lol

The answer is H because the letters remain the same if you flip them.

H because all those letters you can flip and they are still the same letter

WebmasterKelsie said:
You can't win again! lol

The answer is H because the letters remain the same if you flip them.
Can I still answer them? this is fun

Nanoer said:
Why it's the letter H!

Something to do with the letters being flipped or something I remember this from math class
Stop winning Nano!

And the reason why is becasue you could turn them over and they would be the same letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter