DISDADS 2012 WDW Marathon Weekend, are you going?

Rookie question here. I read in some of the paperwork that after the finish line you run through the chute and pick up your bag. Does this refer to the goody bag or is there a bag check? If there's a bag check, how does that work? Would I bring a bag or do they supply it? I would just like to have a way to stash my cell phone until the race is over.

It's a bag check. You will get your goody bag at the expo, and the actually bag used to hold all the goodies will then become your bag to check at the race. You'll attach a sticky of your number (given to you in the goody bag) to the actual bag and hand it to them before the race at the meet area in the Epcot parking lot. Then after you pick it up by showing them your number. You can store cell phone, clothes, etc. as long as it fits in the bag.

Rookie question here. I read in some of the paperwork that after the finish line you run through the chute and pick up your bag. Does this refer to the goody bag or is there a bag check? If there's a bag check, how does that work? Would I bring a bag or do they supply it? I would just like to have a way to stash my cell phone until the race is over.

Paul answered your question perfectly Chris. Are you going to have family trying to watch you at the race? If you are you might want to keep your phone so that you can let them know where you are. i've had a poor experience with their tools for letting you know where runners are.

Paul answered your question perfectly Chris. Are you going to have family trying to watch you at the race? If you are you might want to keep your phone so that you can let them know where you are. i've had a poor experience with their tools for letting you know where runners are.

I was going to use the runner tracking thing- if it doesn't work that's ok. My wife knows when to expect me at the different mile markers. DW will try to see me but I'm not sure where. The race guide has a couple plans as to how to see the race. Two plans have 3 stops, one has 4. I already plan on running with the camera, and a phone might be pushing it. But now that I know about the bag check, coordinating a pre or post race meet will be much easier.

I was going to use the runner tracking thing- if it doesn't work that's ok. My wife knows when to expect me at the different mile markers. DW will try to see me but I'm not sure where. The race guide has a couple plans as to how to see the race. Two plans have 3 stops, one has 4. I already plan on running with the camera, and a phone might be pushing it. But now that I know about the bag check, coordinating a pre or post race meet will be much easier.

I have found that it's easier for you to look for her during the race. DW tells me where she'll be waiting, and I look out for her and run over to say hi quickly. Just a thought.

What's the official name of the building where we pick up our race packets? I'm looking at the map of the sports complex and don't see a building with a familiar sounding name..

Let's move the conversation here instead of PMs. Easier to read.

I need to ammend my earlier comment that I expect to finish around 8:00. I just realized that I may be starting as late as 6:17 which may have me finishing just in time for rope drop at Epcot.:scared1: When I registered, I meant to say that I would finish in 2:45 (total guess). I accidentally typed 1:45 but obviously couldn't put in a proof of time to justify that. Any idea what corral I'll be started in?

I have found that it's easier for you to look for her during the race. DW tells me where she'll be waiting, and I look out for her and run over to say hi quickly. Just a thought.

Where is she going to be? I am thinking two stops, the MK on Main Street and then head to the finish line. We will probably go to EPCOT after the race and check in at BCV. Maybe a lunch at Beaches and Cream.

Let's move the conversation here instead of PMs. Easier to read.

I need to ammend my earlier comment that I expect to finish around 8:00. I just realized that I may be starting as late as 6:17 which may have me finishing just in time for rope drop at Epcot.:scared1: When I registered, I meant to say that I would finish in 2:45 (total guess). I accidentally typed 1:45 but obviously couldn't put in a proof of time to justify that. Any idea what corral I'll be started in?

What is your bib number? It's on the waiver you need to print out and bring to the expo. I think that you can use the following equation to estimate your corral for the half. ((bib number)-30,000)/3000 = corral number. 1 = a, 2=b,3=c...etc

I'm not sure about my half finish time. I am guessing it will be between 2:30 and 2:50. I'll probably have an easier time meeting before the race. After the race I'm heading to POR for an ice bath and then I don't know which park(s) I'll be hitting that day.

DD's bib is 39497 but that was before she got a qualifying 10K time. According to others she will be moved into 1 or 2, probably 2.

Bib number is 51195 so using your formula that would be corral 7.

What is your bib number? It's on the waiver you need to print out and bring to the expo. I think that you can use the following equation to estimate your corral for the half. ((bib number)-30,000)/3000 = corral number. 1 = a, 2=b,3=c...etc

I'm not sure about my half finish time. I am guessing it will be between 2:30 and 2:50. I'll probably have an easier time meeting before the race. After the race I'm heading to POR for an ice bath and then I don't know which park(s) I'll be hitting that day.

Pre-race is best for me too. Afterwards I'll be rushing over to AK to meet up with the family. :thumbsup2

Here are a few pics from the half.

Pre-race partying
IMG_3164.jpg

The Pirate Princess in her pre-race warm ups.
IMG_3166.jpg

Chris, Paul and me. Enjoyed meeting you guys. Sorry I missed Ryan and Matt. Maybe photoshop?
IMG_3172.jpg

Three Athletes getting ready to run. I'm cold just looking at that picture.
IMG_3173.jpg

Interested in seeing if you guys have any pics.

I'm sorry I missed you guys on the half morning. I was on a 3:30 bus from POR but it took over an hour to get to Epcot. I did get to talk with Paul for a couple or minutes before the full.
I have a couple pics but it'll be this evening before I can upload them.

Well look at that.. The first picture of me to ever make it on to the Disboards. I've got some pics of the run but I've got a lot of catching up to do at work. It'll be a while before I can post any.

Wow. I just looked up CJ's daughter's race results. She CRUSHED me. She beat me by 48 minutes! I want a rematch. Granted, I stood in lines and stopped for many photos, but 48 minutes is a pretty big gap. I've got a year to fix my form (my feet were killing me by mile 8) so maybe next time I can make it closer. Congrats to her and the Goofy guys. The Wine & Dine half looks like fun. Maybe I'll make a long drive to do that.

Wow. I just looked up CJ's daughter's race results. She CRUSHED me. She beat me by 48 minutes! I want a rematch. Granted, I stood in lines and stopped for many photos, but 48 minutes is a pretty big gap. I've got a year to fix my form (my feet were killing me by mile 8) so maybe next time I can make it closer. Congrats to her and the Goofy guys. The Wine & Dine half looks like fun. Maybe I'll make a long drive to do that.

She would be up for a rematch anytime. The half got her hooked. You would also need to add in all the time you spent standing in lines etc. She wanted to beat a friend that had a 2:30 time the year before and she did not stop for anything.

Getting water seemed to be her biggest hurdle. She only got a little at the stops. Needs to work on her drinking and running technique.

Chris, great meeting you and congratulations on the run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter