DisDads IT Kung Fu Questions and Answers

Under Sound and video game controllers does realtek high definition audio show up?
Do other things show up under sound and audio controllers.

Have you tried the driver agent scan linked to from the asus page? That might help you identify what you are looking for.

with the driver did you download it, unzip it to a folder and then navigate to that folder and then run Setup.exe in that new folder?

Under Sound and video game controllers does realtek high definition audio show up?

Have you tried the driver agent scan linked to from the asus page? That might help you identify what you are looking for.

with the driver did you download it, unzip it to a folder and then navigate to that folder and then run Setup.exe in that new folder?

Run the setup file as Ryan suggested.

Then once it is unzipped, go to the tab - UPDATE DRIVER - then scan for new driver again.

Trying to run the setup from the driver. I didn't unzip the file. I think I've exceeded my computer abilities. Hang with me. The Realtek was showing up on Sounds.

pm me your phone number.

Genius. It works. Thanks guys. I had the volume up max and it just played the Por Favor monorail bit. When I logged back in, it still prompted new hardward found BT-253, but the sound is working. Brian, I'll still PM you my phone number. When we meet up in Disney or in KY, the first round is on me.

Genius. It works. Thanks guys. I had the volume up max and it just played the Por Favor monorail bit. When I logged back in, it still prompted new hardward found BT-253, but the sound is working. Brian, I'll still PM you my phone number. When we meet up in Disney or in KY, the first round is on me.

:thumbsup2

Maybe one of you can help with my laptop....

The thing runs Windows Vista with SP2. Everything was fine and then last April I could no longer get online. I can find and connect to my wireless router. It connects, but with "local access only." Tried taking it to other places to see if it was just my router, but it does the same for all... Local access only... Any ideas?

Note: My laptop does NOT have an ethernet port (don't ask, I killed it in a flash drive ramming incident when my glasses were off). I would take it to get it fixed, but they all quote me a number that is half of what I paid for the computer.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated!

Maybe one of you can help with my laptop....

The thing runs Windows Vista with SP2. Everything was fine and then last April I could no longer get online. I can find and connect to my wireless router. It connects, but with "local access only." Tried taking it to other places to see if it was just my router, but it does the same for all... Local access only... Any ideas?

Note: My laptop does NOT have an ethernet port (don't ask, I killed it in a flash drive ramming incident when my glasses were off). I would take it to get it fixed, but they all quote me a number that is half of what I paid for the computer.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated!

Do you get an ip address?

Go to a command prompt and type IPCONFIG (enter)

Do you maybe have a virus? Possible issues in your host file?

Do you get an ip address?

Go to a command prompt and type IPCONFIG (enter)

Do you maybe have a virus? Possible issues in your host file?
I get an IP address and I have had antivirus, etc. running...

It is very weird.... I did a search and found A LOT of people having this issue with Vista. Out of the blue and the connection is local access only... Some folks have had it suddenly start working again, but my hasn't!

Was just hoping maybe someone had an easy fix!

Anyone familiar with google groups? I'm invited to join a private group, but when I click to "accept" the invite I get a message that it's private and by invite only. Any advice? Do I need to give the owner of the group a g-mail address?

Anyone familiar with google groups? I'm invited to join a private group, but when I click to "accept" the invite I get a message that it's private and by invite only. Any advice? Do I need to give the owner of the group a g-mail address?

Maybe the invite expired?
I am not 100% sure about the Gmail address, but that is the one I use for my private Google Group. I do believe it links from your Gmail account, though - so I would try using your Gmail address with it.

Oh great Kung Fu IT masters, I have another question.

I seem to keep losing my wifi at home. I have a Motorola modem and Netgear router. The desktop keeps connection while i lose wifi, so I'm guessing it's the router. It is probably 3 years old. Any suggestions?

Oh great Kung Fu IT masters, I have another question.

I seem to keep losing my wifi at home. I have a Motorola modem and Netgear router. The desktop keeps connection while i lose wifi, so I'm guessing it's the router. It is probably 3 years old. Any suggestions?

It seems like you've pegged the router as the problem, but just to make sure I understand the architecture, does it go:

Internet --> Motorola --> Netgear --> Wi-fi-connected computers
|
|
Desktop

Or is the Desktop hooked directly to the modem?

In any event, I'd check that the laptops have IP addresses when the wifi seems to be down. It might be that the DHCP leases are having some trouble renewing. You could assign the wi-fi connected computers a static IP address, and then see if that works any better. Also, I would check on interference from other wireless access points in the area. We have about 30 WiFi networks around us that I can see inside my house, and there may be an issue with interference on the same channel if you are in similar circumstances.

If you end up needing a new router, I like the stuff from Buffalo (the company, not the city or the animal).

It seems like you've pegged the router as the problem, but just to make sure I understand the architecture, does it go:

Internet --> Motorola --> Netgear --> Wi-fi-connected computers
|
|
Desktop

Or is the Desktop hooked directly to the modem?

In any event, I'd check that the laptops have IP addresses when the wifi seems to be down. It might be that the DHCP leases are having some trouble renewing. You could assign the wi-fi connected computers a static IP address, and then see if that works any better. Also, I would check on interference from other wireless access points in the area. We have about 30 WiFi networks around us that I can see inside my house, and there may be an issue with interference on the same channel if you are in similar circumstances.

If you end up needing a new router, I like the stuff from Buffalo (the company, not the city or the animal).

Yes, that is the sequence. There are about 5 other WiFi accessed at my house. I can connect to my network, but not internet. I'll have to unplug my router and modem to get the wifi signal again. I'll try the static address if I can figure it out.

Yes, that is the sequence. There are about 5 other WiFi accessed at my house. I can connect to my network, but not internet. I'll have to unplug my router and modem to get the wifi signal again. I'll try the static address if I can figure it out.

Any luck on this?

Also, if you just unplug the modem and plug it back in again, does that solve the problem with internet connectivity independent of power-cycling the router?

Oh great and Wise Techo Wizards, I need help. My DSIL who does contract work for the NSA, set up my internet security with WAP/WAP2. He is currently over in Afghanistan and can't help me. With this setting I cannot get to the internet with my Droids or my Nook Tablet. Do you have any advice on how to keep the high security and still get to the internet?

Oh great and Wise Techo Wizards, I need help. My DSIL who does contract work for the NSA, set up my internet security with WAP/WAP2. He is currently over in Afghanistan and can't help me. With this setting I cannot get to the internet with my Droids or my Nook Tablet. Do you have any advice on how to keep the high security and still get to the internet?

I don't know what kinda of router you have, but I bet the ip address is 192.168.0.1 (it may not be)

Simply put those numbers in the address bar of your web browser (on a PC that is connected to the internet).
If it is correct, it will take you to a login screen. I am also going to guess the router username and password has not been changed from the default. So try the following:
User Name: Admin or Administrator
Password: admin or password or (blank)

If you are able to get logged in, simply find the wireless settings menu, and then security, SSID (Wirless Network Name) and then WEP key (password). You should be able to read it.
DON'T SAVE, simply back out or exit.

Put those in the the droid under wifi setup, and you are off to the races.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

Good Luck Randall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter