Disney 100 Years of Wonder March 2023 Exercise Thread

sophy1996

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the March 2023 exercise thread! 2023 marks the Disney Company's 100th anniversary, and to celebrate, they recently kicked off the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration at Disneyland Resort.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since March has 31 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Donald Blue
25% - Goofy Orange
50% - Pluto Purple
75% - Daisy Pink
90% - Minnie Red
100% - Mickey Green

We’re officially starting this challenge at the beginning of March, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:

Elizabeth Smith - 750/750
livih99 - 577/575
Oneanne - 1405/930
PollyannaMom - 850/840
sophy1996 - 1210/1200
Twilight Sparkle - 3045/2000

Team Total: 7837/6295 124%

Last edited:
Good morning!

Almost 100 years ago, Walt Disney arrived in Hollywood in the summer of 1923. He brought with him Alice’s Wonderland, a film about a girl in a cartoon world, and the idea to make more Alice Comedies.

A New York distributor contracted to distribute the Alice Comedies on October 16, 1923, which became the founding date of the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio. But Roy Disney soon suggested the name change to the Walt Disney Studio.

Good morning!

Almost 100 years ago, Walt Disney arrived in Hollywood in the summer of 1923. He brought with him Alice’s Wonderland, a film about a girl in a cartoon world, and the idea to make more Alice Comedies.

A New York distributor contracted to distribute the Alice Comedies on October 16, 1923, which became the founding date of the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio. But Roy Disney soon suggested the name change to the Walt Disney Studio.
One Man's Dream is one of my favorite park 'attractions', I love walking thru there and seeing his story and how things evolved over the years.

I took a day off yesterday on purpose, but today my plans to exercise were derailed by a storm which knocked our power out. I wasn't in the mood to exercise by candlelight, as the ambiance was way too relaxed for that. LOL. Hopefully, I'll get some minutes in tomorrow! I'll shoot for 750 minutes this month and we'll see how I manage as the weeks go by.

Twilight Sparkle is first to Donald Blue! Donald Duck first appeared in the 1934 movie The Wise Little Hen, though the name Donald Duck earlier appeared in the 1931 storybook The Adventures of Mickey Mouse. Here's a D23 article about that storybook.

As for Disney 100 Years of Wonder, fans at the D23 Expo in September 2022 were treated to a panel outlining the plans for the anniversary celebration. And the Legends celebration featured a Disney 100 video.

Oneanne, livih99, and I all have reached Donald Blue, as has the TEAM! And PollyannaMom jumps right up to Pluto Purple! (Those early-in-the-month vacations can really help the totals.)

Pluto first appeared as a nameless bloodhound searching for escaped prisoner Mickey Mouse in 1930's The Chain Gang. He appeared as Mickey's dog a year later, in 1931's The Moose Hunt.

As for the 100 Years celebration, have you seen the Disney100 Special Look? Note the special logo including Disney 100 with the castle at the end.

As a nearly lifelong glasses wearer, the little girl who sees herself in Mirabel gets me every time. And because DH is a BIG Star Wars fan, I love that the shot of Star Wars fans lines up with the line "the young at heart."

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter