Disney 100 Years of Wonder March 2023 Exercise Thread

+160 since last post... Friday I did a brutal hike with the new-to-me walking group. It was billed as "forest bathing" so I thought it might be more low key and a good one to start with, but we power walked with a lot of ups and downs. I was feeling it Saturday but somehow still managed to get in 10,000 steps, partly due to a more relaxed walk on trails in the neighborhood with my niece... and a lot of Tylenol.

775/930... 83%

Congratulations to livih99 for turning Goofy Orange, to Elizabeth Smith for turning Pluto Purple, and to Oneanne for turning Daisy Pink! And the TEAM is a fraction of a percent from reaching Daisy Pink as well!

The first version of Daisy (Donna Duck) appeared in the 1937 cartoon Don Donald, but the character changed a bit into the Daisy we now know in the 1940 short Mr. Duck Steps Out.

Disney created two new nighttime spectaculars to mark Disney100. At Disneyland Park, you can see Wondrous Journeys. I'm afraid we didn't take any pictures of the fireworks show (we made the deliberate decision to enjoy in the moment), but here's a fact sheet about the new show, and here's a link to the theme song.

This show features not one, but two flying characters! First, the Blue Fairy, and then Baymax.

At DCA, you can see World of Color - One. Here's the fact sheet for this new show.

And here are a couple of pictures:

F4E1E15B-80AF-496B-8BA5-D1CDFD66E71F.jpeg903F5695-380D-4DFB-A58C-B33EFA2C7197.jpeg

Congratulations to PollyannaMom and the TEAM for turning Daisy Pink, and to Twilight Sparkle for being the first to reach Mickey Green!

Along with Minnie, Mickey made his debut in 1928 in Plane Crazy and then Steamboat Willie. (There was another short in between, but like Plane Crazy, it failed to gain any traction, so Steamboat Willie is considered Mickey's (and Minnie's) first public appearance.) Here's an article from the Walt Disney Family Museum about Mickey's birthday.

The Disney Gallery at Disneyland park is presenting an exhibit for Disney100. Here's a walk-through video showing maquettes and concept art for the park's iconic attractions.

Congratulations to livih99 for turning Pluto Purple, to me for turning Daisy Pink, and to Oneanne for turning Mickey Green!

The Disney100 celebration isn't just at the Disneyland Resort. In Philadelphia, the Franklin Institute is hosting Disney100: The Exhibition from February 18 to August 27, 2023. The Walt Disney Archives has provided more than 250 items from its vault, showcasing the company's history across ten galleries. Here's a list of seven surprising moments from the exhibition. And just yesterday (March 23), the ABC companies aired a 30-minute special, Disney100: The Exhibition--Making the Magic.

Disney100: The Exhibition apparently will travel to other destinations in the U.S. In the meantime, a second exhibition will open in April in Munich.

I have 10 minutes to add from Wednesay. I ended up doing nothing yesterday... But I got in 50 minutes today.
520/750

My parents are going to be in town visiting for the rest of the month, so we'll see how much I manage to exercise with them here. I hope to get some more minutes at work by walking on my breaks. I need to be careful about sitting for too long. My ankles swelled up like crazy this week because I didn't move enough. 🙃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter