**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

@biochemgirl @zemmer
It definitely does not go back on the card you bought the tickets with as one could reload the card and it wouldn’t have “room” on it for your refund. It goes on a new card, which you can register and transfer to another card you already have, if you want.

@biochemgirl @zemmer
It definitely does not go back on the card you bought the tickets with as one could reload the card and it wouldn’t have “room” on it for your refund. It goes on a new card, which you can register and transfer to another card you already have, if you want.
@missingdisneymore thanks for responding! Do you still have the email? I have scoured my inbox, trash, and junkmail but still can’t find anything. Who is it from?

Does anyone have an email specifically for ticket services or anyone else who might be able to help with the AH refund? I sent one to guest.services@disneyworld.com and got an automated reply that Disney World is closed and it may take a long time to get a response.

Had a pleasant experience with Ticket Services today. They were able to convert my MK AH tickets for 5/5 to MNSSHP tickets for 8/25 and refund the remainder back to my card with no issue. Still waiting on the refund to process, but they said it may take a few days.

I was going to the 4/20 After Hours. Never saw an e-mail on it in my inbox or spam folder. I checked my CC statement today looking for my Run Disney refund which I did get an e-mail regarding. Run Disney refund was there along with my refund for the After Hours.

I’m thinking of still going ahead with my plan to purchase tickets for our trip in late June? The refund process seems quick and easy enough...

I’m thinking of still going ahead with my plan to purchase tickets for our trip in late June? The refund process seems quick and easy enough...
I would not describe the refund process as quick or easy. We had a trip scheduled for early May and rebooked for July when Disney came out with the free dining offer. We also had purchased tickets for two After Hours events for the May trip. When my travel agent called me to ask if I wanted to reschedule for the summer, I asked her to inquire about a refund when she called Disney to change the reservation. She was on hold for six hours before speaking to someone and when she asked if we could have a refund for those tickets, the CM told her that Disney would definitely refund the tickets if they park is closed. Honestly, that seemed like a silly response, considering the CM knew that we wouldn’t be there in May, having just rebooked it, and I can’t believe that my travel agent let it go, but she did.

I then emailed guest services and explained the situation and asked for a refund. I received a reply that reminded me that the tickets are non-refundable, but alluded to the possibility of credit being applied to another trip, if I call and discuss the matter with them.

i am annoyed about the whole situation. Disney encouraged me to rebook by offering an offer that included the window that for my original trip, but now I have to call and wait on hold for who-knows-how-long to ASK for a refund. I meant to call today, when I am not trying to do schoolwork with the kids, but I forgot.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Okay. Others made it seem easy peasy... Thanks for the input.

Just wanted to update about my refund process. My AH was scheduled for 3/23 and I paid with a gift card. I called and spoke to Ticket Services 3 times, and they all said there was a back up with the gift card team. One said my gift card had already been emailed but might arrive weeks later (?), while the other 2 said it hadn't been emailed and there was nothing they could do. I emailed a request for help on April 3. Today I received a reply to my email immediately followed by an email with the e gift card. So, if you're still waiting on a refund, try email.

Just wanted to update about my refund process. My AH was scheduled for 3/23 and I paid with a gift card. I called and spoke to Ticket Services 3 times, and they all said there was a back up with the gift card team. One said my gift card had already been emailed but might arrive weeks later (?), while the other 2 said it hadn't been emailed and there was nothing they could do. I emailed a request for help on April 3. Today I received a reply to my email immediately followed by an email with the e gift card. So, if you're still waiting on a refund, try email.
Glad you finally got your money!

Has anyone heard any rumors on when or if after hours will return?
I completely get why the Halloween & Christmas parties can’t happen this year but an after hours event screams social distancing.

Has anyone heard any rumors on when or if after hours will return?
I completely get why the Halloween & Christmas parties can’t happen this year but an after hours event screams social distancing.
I agree with your sentiment, but I think it'll be awhile, probably due to expense or logistics. With all the layoffs, and a skeleton crew, I'm guessing that extending hours into the evening wouldn't work right know.

I agree with your sentiment, but I think it'll be awhile, probably due to expense or logistics. With all the layoffs, and a skeleton crew, I'm guessing that extending hours into the evening wouldn't work right know.

I wish they would, though. I still think people would pay extra to have the hours, even without the "party" feel. I certainly would, as the one After Hours my daughter and I did in 2019 was amazing and we didn't do any of the fluff. Just the rides. Could be a money maker, but maybe paying the staff would be a cost?!?

I wish they would, though. I still think people would pay extra to have the hours, even without the "party" feel. I certainly would, as the one After Hours my daughter and I did in 2019 was amazing and we didn't do any of the fluff. Just the rides. Could be a money maker, but maybe paying the staff would be a cost?!?
The regular after hours (not villains) at MK never had a party feel and it was perfect. It was rides and a few included drinks and snacks.
I won’t pretend to know the cost of the night but before COVID Disney kept doing them so I have to believe they were a decent money maker.

Sorry to revive something of a zombie thread, but Disney must at least be thinking about bringing DAH back this summer, right? These events were profitable pre-Covid, so I don't see why they wouldn't be now. This seems like an easy and obvious way to make up for lost profits. With no Fastpasses during the day, shows, parades, fireworks, and characters still on the shelf, and crowds continuing to grow, long lines this summer seem both inevitable and unavoidable. So demand for ways to enjoy the parks and rides without the long lines would seem to be sky high. Now that Disney has called back furloughed cast members, and appears to be advertising for additional hires as well, it doesn't seem like these events would be hard to staff. I don't see any reason not to bring them back.

Hoping we might hear something soon!

Sorry to revive something of a zombie thread, but Disney must at least be thinking about bringing DAH back this summer, right? These events were profitable pre-Covid, so I don't see why they wouldn't be now. This seems like an easy and obvious way to make up for lost profits. With no Fastpasses during the day, shows, parades, fireworks, and characters still on the shelf, and crowds continuing to grow, long lines this summer seem both inevitable and unavoidable. So demand for ways to enjoy the parks and rides without the long lines would seem to be sky high. Now that Disney has called back furloughed cast members, and appears to be advertising for additional hires as well, it doesn't seem like these events would be hard to staff. I don't see any reason not to bring them back.

Hoping we might hear something soon!
That would make me very happy. I went Easter week and really missed fastpasses. The lines were awful. I would love an after hours party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter