Disney buys Marvel for $4B

I would love to see some kind of merger of Disney and Busch Gardens! Wouldn't it be cool to have passes that include Sea World and its attractions? And maybe a shuttle of some kind to get around?

Wow, if only this is true...

I'm the exact oppiste,I would LOVE to see UNIVERSAL get there hands on SW-BG not DISNEY.
I'm not worried tho,after Disney spending 4b on Marvel there is no way they can afford the Busch parks without goig under.There stock would drop faster then A rock in a pond..Money wise would make no sense at all!:confused3

I would not like to see this-like in my previos post stated-competition is GOOD,without price gouging will start.Disney can charge wahtever they want then.Just think about that.....

I would love to see some kind of merger of Disney and Busch Gardens! Wouldn't it be cool to have passes that include Sea World and its attractions? And maybe a shuttle of some kind to get around?

I am thinking perhaps you mistakingly typed Disney instead of Universal? All we need is for Disney to jack its pass prices up some more. I don't go there now because it is too expensive but I can still enjoy going to SeaWorld without feeling I am being gouged.

I am thinking perhaps you mistakingly typed Disney instead of Universal? All we need is for Disney to jack its pass prices up some more. I don't go there now because it is too expensive but I can still enjoy going to SeaWorld without feeling I am being gouged.
I did mistype it. I've been so flustered about Disney getting Marvel that I think it was on my mind. :rotfl:

I'll edit.

Busch Gardens is owned by Busch Entertainment and if it's true that Blackstone is purchasing BE, BGT and BGW would be included in the parks with Universal. That would be huge to have Universal/Sea World and Busch Gardens as one company...or at least partly owned by the same company. Blackstone would own 100% of the Busch Gardens parks and the Sea World parks (Discovery Cove and Aquatica too) and they own 50% of Universal Orlando currently. Disney would never buy BGT since it already has an animal park...same with Sea World and the coasters...just not Disney's style.

Please oh please let me be right!
:teeth:
I meant Universal and I agree. ;)

Geesh, where was my head? :confused:

Marvel is still it's own company just now it's a SUBSIDIARY of disney. It's like star wars and Indiana jones being at disney... Lucasfilm doesn't produce Disney movies now, but Disney has the rights to use those characters--Lucasfilm though as an independent company can sign a contract with anyone else--same goes for Marvel. And to all the fanboys (like me) Marvel is still the same old Marvel, Disney will just get some of their profits that's all

I think the only change in theme parks won't be in Universal (they're under contract) will be in disneyquest--marvel charactrs fit right in to that place and will bring it more business

I would love to see some kind of merger of Universal and Busch Gardens! Wouldn't it be cool to have passes that include Sea World and its attractions? And maybe a shuttle of some kind to get around?

Passes like that already exist. The 4/5 park Flex tickets (or is it 5/6 park now?) are good for two weeks and you get the following: Universal/IOA/Sea World/Wet N Wild(/Busch Gardens/Aquatica ?) for about $200/person.

Passes like that already exist. The 4/5 park Flex tickets (or is it 5/6 park now?) are good for two weeks and you get the following: Universal/IOA/Sea World/Wet N Wild(/Busch Gardens/Aquatica ?) for about $200/person.
::yes:: :thumbsup2

Yeah... But where is my AP that includes all the parks? That is what I would be excited for in merger! :)

Yep, I told my wife about it when I read your post. I think you're dead on and it would be friggin' great.
Oh man...I wish you could see my face right now. I'm grinning from ear to ear about this possibility and how the Disneyphiles are going to react! :teeth:

Oh man...I wish you could see my face right now. I'm grinning from ear to ear about this possibility and how the Disneyphiles are going to react! :teeth:

:rotfl2:

As an aside, I was telling my wife on our last trip back in May that if Disney isn't careful, within the next 10-20 years Universal will be the premium theme park. They certainly are putting more into their parks than Disney at this point.

As an aside, I was telling my wife on our last trip back in May that if Disney isn't careful, within the next 10-20 years Universal will be the premium theme park. They certainly are putting more into their parks than Disney at this point.
That's very true...Some people have said that Disney wouldn't have the money now to do much at any of their parks until they can recoup some of this $4B they spent.

That's very true...Some people have said that Disney wouldn't have the money now to do much at any of their parks until they can recoup some of this $4B they spent.

I have actually been one of those people on some of the "other" threads. That aside, though, they've had a decade to match Spiderman, and they don't have anything close. When you look at the Simpsons, The Mummy, MIB, the Hulk, DD, and soon Harry Potterville, Disney is already behind the curve. They're just relying on their reputation and their size to carry them through. That won't last forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter