Disney Dream - June 12, 2011

Howdy all. We just booked as well. There will be myself, my DH (Ben) and our DS who will be 12 (Rob). We are in room 6034. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Fran

Hello everyone! Just booked what will be our 5th Disney Cruise yesterday on the June 11, 2011. Very excited a 5 night as all we have ever done are 3 and 4 nights! My name is Scott (32 at time of sailing) and I will be joined by my wife: Christy (32, almost 33 at time of sailing,) and our son: Evan (would have just turned 3 two weeks before the cruise!) Now I just hope we have him potty trained so we can utilized the Oceaneer Club (for free) and don't have to pay for him to go to the nursery! :) We are DVC members and booked on points and were able to book a Cat. 11B (GTY) So we are definitely hoping for an upgrade as we were upgraded the last time we booked a GTY. I am a school teacher (8th Grade Math & Social Studies--yes, I know...please pray for me) and Christy works at a Wellness Center through our local hospital. We are trying to talk my mom and her fiance to go on the cruise also...

Looking forward to it and let me know if you have any questions!!!

Thanks!!!

Scott

P.S. Only 579 days left!!!! hahahahahaha

Crystal, we also are new DVC members at BLT...we'll be there for 2 nights in Dec, and then dh and I are sneaking off for his bday in Jan!

When will you be there in December? We will be at BLT Dec. 12-16...we just added on points at BLT this past summer!

Hi everybody,,,, Hey Crystal,,,, Add in my wife's name, Angela. She is coasternut on the boards. Tentatively, it will be me, Bill(3DAN), Angela(coasternut), Kristen, and possibly Billy and his girlfriend, Kathleen. I just don't know about the last two as they will be in college.
Hoofing time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Bill

When will you be there in December? We will be at BLT Dec. 12-16...we just added on points at BLT this past summer!

We're going Dec 4th-6th! Our passes expire on the 4th. We're going to MVMCP that day, and then just enjoying BLT and the other resorts on Saturday. My inlaws will be coming to visit us. Short trip, but so worth it!!

We've rented DVC points from a friend for a few years, and just couldn't resisit buying into BLT! Congrats on the add on!

goofygal1975 ----Welcome aboard & we haven't planned anything either, other than I'm first in line for the watercoaster. I'll be the 29 year old knocking the kids over, lol! (Oh my, I'll almost be 30 then...oh well)

Rlbren ----Hello, we're Carolinians too! We live close to Hendersonville and we always go to the apple festival and my wife almays makes me stop at the dish barn everytime we're up that way on I-26.

Texas Disney Fan ----Anyone who starts a post w/ howdy is fine in my book. Is this turning into a SOUTHERNERS cruise??

Whithouston ----Hey Scott. Yet another southerner... Glad you're here man. My wife teaches too, but primary school. We're really gaining folks tonight.

We've never done a fish extender so...1) Will the Dream have fish to extend from? 2) What is an example of a good gift to give??? My wife is a scrapbooker, crafty, cricket addict....so it sounds like she'll love making the extender?!? or am I confused.....

Hey,,,,, I'm from southern Indiana,,,,,, Y'ALL. (teehee)
Kimberly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where are you???
You need to be posting on this thread. You are going, too.
HELLO???????
Hit it , boys
Bill

And this will be my,,,, ummmmmm,,,,,,, er,,,,,,,75th,,, ahhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,157th cruise with Disney Cruise line,,, Yeah,,,, that's it ,,,,, 157th. And I will be with my wife,,,,,,, errrrrrrrrrr,,,ahhhhhhhhh ,,, ummmmmmm
Daphn.. um,,,,,,,,,, Morgan Fairchild,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Yeah,,,,,,,,,,Morgan Fairchild. That's it.(teehee)
Bill
And the ship will,,,,,,,,,,,,, PICk me up at my house. Yeah, and in Indiana, too.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hey everyone! We are booked for this cruise!!:cool1: June 14th is our son's birthday, so we are excited to SURPRISE him with this trip. He'll be 16 on this cruise.

Crystal, we also are new DVC members at BLT...we'll be there for 2 nights in Dec, and then dh and I are sneaking off for his bday in Jan!

First of all, hiya "neighbor" - you're going to love BLT - although some may say it's stark or cold, we loved it (hmmmm....wonder what that says about my personality????). :rotfl: I will get you added to the master list on page 1.

Hello everyone.... I would like to join in with all the fun also...I booked our cruise today.

My dh will be making our extenders and we're looking forward to getting in on the fun and getting to know everyone.:goodvibes...2011 seems such a long time..

Welcome - I will get you added. It seems like we have a lot of crafy husbands on this cruise. My DH will be glad to know that he will have lots of crafty kindred spirits aboard. :lmao:

Howdy all. We just booked as well. There will be myself, my DH (Ben) and our DS who will be 12 (Rob). We are in room 6034. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Fran

Hello, Fran!! Will get you added. :hug:

We are actually doing 14 days at BLT in 2010 - from December 18-January 1. This is why I love DVC!!!!!!! Granted, we banked most of our 2009 points, but with our 2009, 2010, and 2011 points, we are getting 14 days at BLT in 2010 and a 5 night cruise in 2011...all for "free" plus we'll have about 60 points leftover to bank into 2012. :love: :woohoo:

Hi everybody,,,, Hey Crystal,,,, Add in my wife's name, Angela. She is coasternut on the boards.
Bill

Bill, I got your lovely wife added - hope to see her posting soon!!

Crystal...what part of the ATL are you from? We are about an hour north of ATL...

We are on the west side in Douglasville (about an hour west of Atlanta). It's great to see a fellow Atlanta family in 'da house. :rotfl:

I'll be the 29 year old knocking the kids over, lol! (Oh my, I'll almost be 30 then...oh well)

We've never done a fish extender so...1) Will the Dream have fish to extend from? 2) What is an example of a good gift to give??? My wife is a scrapbooker, crafty, cricket addict....so it sounds like she'll love making the extender?!? or am I confused.....

My DH said the same thing about the water coaster - I think that the adults are more excited than the kiddos. :thumbsup2 Also, although our DD has always been tall for her age (she was able to ride Space Mountain when we went in March at 5) we are hoping like heck that she reaches the magical 48" mark *without shoes* for our cruise so she can ride it too. I know that she would be disappointed if she could not.

And, you know, that's a good point about the fishes on the Dream. :eek: I just assumed the fishes would be there...guess we'll have to find out from those lucky enough to go on the MV. (What a bummer if Disney didn't include them.)

And I will be with my wife,,,,,,, errrrrrrrrrr,,,ahhhhhhhhh ,,, ummmmmmm
Daphn.. um,,,,,,,,,, Morgan Fairchild,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Yeah,,,,,,,,,,Morgan Fairchild. That's it.(teehee)

:rotfl2: - if this doesn't get your wife over here, I don't know what will. :laughing:

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!!!!
We had booked the May 30, 2010 Double Dip, but decided to switch our ressies to the June 12, 2011 Double Dip on the Dream!!! This will be our 4th Disney Cruise...once on the Wonder, twice on the Magic and once on the Dream! We are, at time of sailing:
Steve, 47, Pharamcist
Michele, 43, SAHM and sub for a church daycare/preschool program
Colton, 16, is in the marching band and enjoys video games galore!
Connor, 14, is on the football team and also enjoys video games!
We are booked at the back of the ship...rms 7689 and 7690. One is a cat 6, verandah and one is a cat 11, inside. They both face the back end of the ship, but only one has a verandah. Sort of an odd set up, but it works for us! Only wish they were adjoining, but we have done it this way before, so we'll be fine. By switching cruise dates, we saved $853!! But now I have to wait TWICE as long! Ugh!
Can't wait to learn more about the ship and all it has to offer! Love the Aqua Duck and the new restaurants!! I hope the new staterooms don't disappoint. So many people have expressed disappointment in the looks of the rooms. I say you can't judge from the photos, you have to see it in real life to appreciate it!
Crystal, if you can add us to the list, we'd appreciate it!
Michele :laundy:

Welcome Aboard Crazy Cunninghams! There is a couple in our Sunday School class with two boys named Colton and Conner.... ironic. I think the staterooms look great. My wife and I were in the marching band at two different high schools and that's how we met. We now play in the orchestra at church...and being music lovers...we will definitely miss the music above the bed in the staterooms, but I think the new ones look just fine. Back to work.....:badpc:

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!!!!
We had booked the May 30, 2010 Double Dip, but decided to switch our ressies to the June 12, 2011 Double Dip on the Dream!!!

By switching cruise dates, we saved $853!! But now I have to wait TWICE as long! Ugh!

Michele, welcome to the party!! I will get you added to the list! :goodvibes We also were looking at a 2010 Double Dip, but decided to wait until the Dream prices came out before booking. I'm so glad we did!! Although we booked on DVC points, we are saving quite a bit compared to what we would have been using for a June, 2010 Wonder cruise. I'm so glad that the Dream prices are reasonable - - Go Disney!! :thumbsup2

I think the staterooms look great.

Yeah, I do too. And, I'm especially intrigued about about the virtual porthole. This will be the one cruise that I'm *not* hoping for an upgrade. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the Welcome! I am really looking forward to getting to know you all better! I guess we have enough time, Huh?

Steven, Steve and I met at work after High School. I was in the marching band, he was on the football team. We went to completely different high schools as well. Another family at our school as a Colton, Connor and Campbell. Love that name as well! They just go together!

Crystal, I was completely floored that Dream prices were less then Wonder! We even looked at putting all 4 of us in a cat 6 and it was $30 MORE then 2 cabins! Works well for us.....we only need one balconey, but 2 baths will be great and just having more room to spread out!

Off to the Ortho, lunch and a bit of shopping! Have a Dream of a day!

Hello Everyone-

As I am reading all the posts I am getting more and more excited. :yay: Also love the post about the water slide. I will be there right with you budging in front of the kids. LOL! :rotfl:

Anyway can someone... anyone... give a better explanation of these FE gifts. I have read a few different boards but am still confused. I read that someone had to make over 200+ gifts. (I really wish I had the time to do that.) But I do have some cool ideas that I have come up with (when I should really be working, like right now).

Also I am very unfamiliar with the DIS board language. Can someone update me on what BLT, etc. is. :headache:

Nicole

Anyway can someone... anyone... give a better explanation of these FE gifts. I have read a few different boards but am still confused. I read that someone had to make over 200+ gifts. (I really wish I had the time to do that.) But I do have some cool ideas that I have come up with (when I should really be working, like right now).

Also I am very unfamiliar with the DIS board language. Can someone update me on what BLT, etc. is. :headache:

Nicole

Nicole, the FE gifts are really what you make of it. Some people give one gift, some people give gifts for the adults and the children, and some give gifts for just the adults. It's really just a way to spread a little bit of magic to your fellow DISers. There's no monetary requirement or specific thing to give. Just for an example, we gave handmade keychains, but during our cruise we received a lot of cool stuff - from sweets to offerings from the giver's home city.

During our September cruise, we had 38 cabins that participated in the FE exchange, so it was manageable. However, if the group gets too large, we really might want to consider splitting up into two exchanges, perhaps with each group taking half the ship...200 FE gifts for a 5 nighter seems like quite a large undertaking. Of course, we waited until the last minute to do ours, so even 38 seemed like a lot. :rotfl:

As to the abbreviations, you'll have to ask Ana for her secret decoder ring. The DIS has its own set of abbreviations - I'll poke around and try and find a link for you. To answer your specific question, though, BLT is Disney's Bay Lake Tower resort which is located near the Magic Kingdom (MK) and on the monorail. It is Disney Vacation Club's (DVC) newest on-property timeshare offering. Just hang around us for a while - you'll be speaking DIS-speak in no time. :thumbsup2

Here's the link for your reading enjoyment: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter