Disney Dream - June 12, 2011

Hi everyone! We are booked on this cruise and are looking forward to our 1st sailing on the Dream. We are using the cruise as the start to a large both side of the family trip followed by a week at WDW. So far there are 7 families traveling with us with about 4 more that are still deciding. Maybe some of my family members will join the thread.

We are booked in #6673 Paula (46) and DH Alan (49)---at cruise time
Our DS is booked #7567 Adam (23) and a TBA

When this sailing rolls around it will be our 10th Disney cruise. Looking forward to chatting and getting to know everyone in the next 18 months.

We are booked on the 6/12/11 Dream cruise as well. This will be our 4th DCL cruise. We have done one 4 day on the Wonder (got us hooked), one 7 night double dip Western (love Castaway Cay) and one 7 night Eastern.

The new ship, the chance to go to CC twice again and to have the opportunity to spend some time at WDW on the same trip was just too much for us to pass up. I was really afraid of the prices but so excited to see how reasonable (well for Disney) they were especially for the summer. We don't know when school will end so we picked the 12th. We hope to have 5-6 days at WDW before but the school schedule will dictate that.

We are booked in a Cat 11A - #9077. I really wanted to try the virtual porthole. We have always sailed in a Cat 9 and I always worried about the lack of some light in the inside rooms. DCL very happily solved that issue for me. The addition of characters and other 'magic' touches just sealed the deal.

On this cruise will be me Rebecca (35 at the time of the cruise :scared1:), my husband Aaron (36), son Nathan (9) and daughter Allie (6).

(to the tune) OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH, DreammmmmmmmmmmWeaver,,, I believe we can get this to page onnnnnnnneeee.........
Bill

I talked with my friend over the last few days and it looks like she and her family will be coming with us too! :banana: She won't be able to book until after Christmas, so I hope there's a cabin for them! We are trying to talk another friend into coming too, but she's never been on a cruise and is a bit afraid of being sea sick or clausterphobic! I told her, not a chance! She'll have a ball, but she is holding back. We still have time to work on her! LOL

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Have 2 contractors coming this morning for estimates on a new kitchen floor....our dishwasher sprung a hole and leaked all over the laminate, so now we are looking at tile. then it's off to pick up some clothes that were altered and lunch with a friend!

Have a great Monday! :goodvibes

Wow -- we have a nice group already and I'm sure many more to come. The DIS groups on previous cruises were fairly small, though I have to say that we still keep in touch with the people that were on the cruise with us three years ago. I can't wait to see who else joins us.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Have 2 contractors coming this morning for estimates on a new kitchen floor....our dishwasher sprung a hole and leaked all over the laminate, so now we are looking at tile.
Have a great Monday! :goodvibes

YIKES - here's hoping that your contractors give you reasonable estimates. :goodvibes

Wow -- we have a nice group already and I'm sure many more to come.

Yup - I agree. Welcome to those who just joined the group - I'll get the first page updated now. :goodvibes

Hi Everybody!!!!!! Just booked today! :cool1: This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise - both times before were 7 day on the Magic - the Eastern itinerary, and to Tortola this past year. WE LOVE THE MOUSE :goodvibes
There will be three of us: myself, dh, and dd8 at time of cruising. We have decided to check out the Dream and go to the World either before or after.
Can't wait! :cloud9:

We just found out that my mom and her fiance will also be cruising with us. Their names are Gloria and Stan...I will try to get her to be a Dis'er and join in on the fun!! :)

Do we want to try to organize a meet once onboard? We've done that once before and it was lots and lots of fun!! :) I will even (try to) coordinate it if anyone wants a meet...

Steven - hope all went well with the birth of your baby girl! I'm sure she is precious and mom and dad are exhausted - but its the best kind of exhaustion to have! Welcome to the (Disney)world Ansley!

Thanks for remembering!

Ansley was born 11/12/2009 (She shares her birthday with my wife)
She was 7 lbs 11 oz, 20" and already booked her first Disney Cruise, ha.
Mommy is doing better everyday too, and she had to have an unplanned C Section. We got home from the hospital Sunday.

I'm going to catch up on here soon, but WELCOME ABOARD to all the new folks!

Thanks for remembering!

Mommy is doing better everyday too, and she had to have an unplanned C Section. We got home from the hospital Sunday.

Congrats Steven! Glad to hear things are going well....keep us posted!

Hi everyone,
I am WHITHOUSTON's mom~~~don't know how to do all this~~but will give it a try as my son said "I expect a post tonight"~~I try to do what he tells me to do :). SO looking forward to the June 2011 cruise. I have been on 1 and absolutely loved it~~~Maybe I can meet some of you that are a part of this "discussion board". I am sure I am older than most of you but I do enjoy having a good time and DO NOT act my age (61) :)!!!! Thanks for taking time to read this.

Hi everyone,
I am WHITHOUSTON's mom~~~don't know how to do all this~~but will give it a try as my son said "I expect a post tonight"~~I try to do what he tells me to do :). SO looking forward to the June 2011 cruise. I have been on 1 and absolutely loved it~~~Maybe I can meet some of you that are a part of this "discussion board". I am sure I am older than most of you but I do enjoy having a good time and DO NOT act my age (61) :)!!!! Thanks for taking time to read this.

Good job Mom!!! Proud of ya!! :)

Hi Everybody!!!!!! Just booked today! :cool1:

Welcome!! I'll get you added to the first page.

Ansley was born 11/12/2009 She was 7 lbs 11 oz, 20" and already booked her first Disney Cruise, ha.

Glad to hear that your DW and Ansley are doing well. :grouphug: I had to laugh at your comment about already having her first Disney cruise booked. DH and I often joke about how lucky our Ansley will be because she'll have obtained premier Castaway Club status by the time she's an adult...just in time for her to stay paying for her own cruises. :rotfl:

Hi everyone,

:welcome: to the DIS and to our thread group. I'll get you added to the first page. :goodvibes

Thanks for remembering!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks for remembering!

Congratulations and welcome to Ansley!

Hi everyone,

I'm very impressed -- good work! You aren't too old for our group. The only requirement is a love for cruising (and Disney, too!) and I think you have that. Welcome! :)

Congratulations and welcome to Ansley!

I'm very impressed -- good work! You aren't too old for our group. The only requirement is a love for cruising (and Disney, too!) and I think you have that. Welcome! :)

Thank you~~~very kind of you to respond. Glad you think I am not too old :)
Have a great day,
Gloria

:banana::banana::banana:Here is a list of who's cruising with us:

2gr8brits - Krista, Garrett, William(10), Reavis(7)
3DAN/coasternut - Bill, Angela, Kristen, Billy & Kathleen (maybe) - 12022
BananasTwo - Ana, DH, DS(7), DD(5) - 7530
bridget
Crystal_27 - Crystal, Randy, Ansley(7) - 7531
fahernand w/ wife, sons, daughters, their spouses, grandchildren, great-grandfather, great uncle, neice - 5 cabins
foopah - Rebecca, Aaron, Nathan(9), and Allie(6) - 9077
goofygal1975 - Heather, Ed, DS(16) - 9544
lg3 w/ DH and DD(8)
marcij - Marci, Randy, Andrew(15), Jake(12) - 12002
marshmellow86 - Sharon, George, Kaleigh (13), Mallory (7)
Momfromva - GTY
parapro5 - Gloria and Stan
PBader - Paula, Alan, Adam(23) - 6673 and 7567
Rlbren - Laura, Ron, Carrie(20), Dock(16), Gabe (21) - 9009 and 9011
Steven41782 - Steven, Stephanie, Ansley(1) - 8502
tendisney - Nicole, Travis, Ella(1) - 7532
Texas Disney Fan - Fran, Ben, Rob (12) - 6034
txvjc - Vance, Natalee, DD(9), DD(3), Patsy (DMIL) - 7098
WDWCrazzyCunninghams - Michele, Steve, Colton (16), Connor(14) - 7689 and 7690
whithouston - Scott, Christy, Evan (3) - GTY

Thank you, Crystal for adding me to #1 page~~~I feel special:cool1:
Have a happy evening,
Gloria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter