Disney extending 60 day FP to non disney resorts

Nope.

Recently returned from a short 3-day trip booked at only 30 days out. I was able to get every FP I wanted. FOP (on day #2 then Navi same-day, then another FOP same-day), FEA (then Soarin’ and TT same-day), 7DMT, etc., etc.

I think those are willing to spend a little time planning will still be able to enjoy the parks just as they are now. This is a luxury add-on IMO. Not a necessity by any means. But a very convenient offering for those that find it appealing.

You went during a very quiet period for Disney World, and both before the CL rooms and Disney Neighbor hotels started grabbing all that fastpasses. Essentially, you were able to grab a few M+M's out of a bowl that only a few people had already passed by. With these changes, the bag of M+M's will first be passed to CL people, then all around the 60 day people, then to the 30 day people, and will then be dumped into the 'day of' bowl. That's a lot more passing around first. (By the way, I'm really in the mood for M+M's right now...)

Frankly I'm stunned that people are already acting like $17 per attraction is some reasonable fee that thousands would be willing to pay. That's $64 for my family of four. (And unless you're going to go bonkers park-hopping over the 3-day minimum purchase period, you're actually paying $50 per person for one ride on FoP...plus trips on Everest and Kilimanjaro which are easy to get via the free FastPass offering.
We just visited AK for a day after our cruise a few weeks ago, and it was a bummer not to do FOP because we couldn't get a FP for it.

We already pay to stay deluxe, so adding club level isn't a stretch. 3 guaranteed, unlimited extra FPs per day would make our short trips much more productive and easy. It's only my son and me, so the extra $100 per day wouldn't be massive compared to what we'd already pay.

IMO - fine to offer a for purchase option to CL. I don't see huge impacts with that. But, adding non- Dis resorts is not ok. SOG should be included as a Dis Resort reservation but, not other non- Disney resorts. Unless they let those with actual Disney resort reservations start booking at say 75 days instead of 60. That 60 day window was supposed to be a perk. If it's not, why pay more for less at a Disney resort?

IMO - fine to offer a for purchase option to CL. I don't see huge impacts with that. But, adding non- Dis resorts is not ok. SOG should be included as a Dis Resort reservation but, not other non- Disney resorts. Unless they let those with actual Disney resort reservations start booking at say 75 days instead of 60. That 60 day window was supposed to be a perk. If it's not, why pay more for less at a Disney resort?

I completely see where you are coming from and reacted the exact same way at first. After I thought more about it, though, it makes sense in terms of their 4 year plan. Within 4 years, there will be 6 new Tier 1 type rides. That's about how many new hotels are being added. The availability of fastpasses should stay about the same within a short time.

I completely see where you are coming from and reacted the exact same way at first. After I thought more about it, though, it makes sense in terms of their 4 year plan. Within 4 years, there will be 6 new Tier 1 type rides. That's about how many new hotels are being added. The availability of fastpasses should stay about the same within a short time.
Good food for thought...Now if they start officially allowing them to park at resorts for free, I see a huge public outcry! LOL!

Thing is, Disneys recent moves seemed to be aimed at ADDING capacity to the fastpass system thus fixing existing problems. Expanding Toy Story Mania and Soarin took those two attractions from something that had to be booked at 60 days down to the point where adjustments could often be made same day. In a perfect world, it would move us closer to eliminating tiering at those parks.

The Good Neighbor Hotel change doesn't really have much impact IMO. Those people were going to get fast passes one way or another. All Disney did was give them earlier access to the FP system, which is irrelevant for 98% of the WDW attractions. It didn't increase overall FP usage.

But giving MORE FPs to select guests DOES increase total FastPass utilization. That's a dangerous game to play, especially coming years before any of those new park additions come online.

But giving MORE FPs to select guests DOES increase total FastPass utilization. That's a dangerous game to play, especially coming years before any of those new park additions come online.

Yes, I agree there. I really do not see Disney going to crazy with this. If there are 200 total CL rooms (a random guess on my part, probably a high number), then that is only 600 total added FPs, not too many. If they start selling these FPs for a profit, they will actually end up losing money in the long run as it will both drive some business away and shorten the trips of those who do come.
I really do not think that the two moves are connected. The purpose of adding more hotels to the 60 day window is to get more people locked into Disney vacations. It seems that the purpose of the CL FP bonus is to justify the extra cost for CL rooms, and make those people feel special. It may even be a way to combat deceptive practices from the rich. Remember a couple of years ago, when people found out that rich folks were hiring disabled people so that they could skip lines? I wouldn't be shocked if some people are hiring young parents so that they can use their children for child swap. $50 a day for extra fastpasses would be cheaper for them, and would give Disney a piece of that pie.

Nope.

Recently returned from a short 3-day trip booked at only 30 days out. I was able to get every FP I wanted. FOP (on day #2 then Navi same-day, then another FOP same-day), FEA (then Soarin’ and TT same-day), 7DMT, etc., etc.

I think those are willing to spend a little time planning will still be able to enjoy the parks just as they are now. This is a luxury add-on IMO. Not a necessity by any means. But a very convenient offering for those that find it appealing.

I was there is September....booked FastPasses 60 days out. I could not get FoP passes. I checked and checked and checked....nothing. Had to wait stand-by for 2 hours.

Thing is, Disneys recent moves seemed to be aimed at ADDING capacity to the fastpass system thus fixing existing problems. Expanding Toy Story Mania and Soarin took those two attractions from something that had to be booked at 60 days down to the point where adjustments could often be made same day. In a perfect world, it would move us closer to eliminating tiering at those parks.

Expanding TSM and Soarin' were great ideas. But they have also closed Stitch, wiped out a bunch of Hollywood Studios, had the Hall of Presidents down longer than normal, closed The Circle of Life, closed Ellen for a very long time, closed Flights of Wonder...and those are off the top of my head!

I would agree that it seems as though WDW is becoming more acutely aware of capacity related issues, but they could do better.

Expanding TSM and Soarin' were great ideas. But they have also closed Stitch, wiped out a bunch of Hollywood Studios, had the Hall of Presidents down longer than normal, closed The Circle of Life, closed Ellen for a very long time, closed Flights of Wonder...and those are off the top of my head!

I would agree that it seems as though WDW is becoming more acutely aware of capacity related issues, but they could do better.

I was speaking more to how the FastPass system is impacted and I think the only FP attraction lost was Great Movie Ride. Maybe Stitch, but let's be honest...very very few people were using their three initial MK FPs for Stitch.

I was speaking more to how the FastPass system is impacted and I think the only FP attraction lost was Great Movie Ride. Maybe Stitch, but let's be honest...very very few people were using their three initial MK FPs for Stitch.
Probably way more guests ( like me) who will not go to Stitch ever again than use a FP for it. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter