Disney Genie+ and ILL$ Details & FAQ - Launches 10/19 at WDW, Paid "FastPass" at WDW and Disneyland (date TBD)

Does this mean there will be standby for REMY?

The only top tier ride I can think of that wasn't available during emh's is ROTR- someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure why that was the case, maybe something to do with it's unreliability. Hopefully all the top tier rides will be available for EMH- it's a huge benefit for Deluxe/DVC not only to ride the top tier rides, but to get mulitple rides in on favorites.

It's one of the few things I'm really excited about- not having to schedule rides, shorter waits and no limit on them sounds good to me!

The only top tier ride I can think of that wasn't available during emh's is ROTR- someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure why that was the case, maybe something to do with it's unreliability. Hopefully all the top tier rides will be available for EMH- it's a huge benefit for Deluxe/DVC not only to ride the top tier rides, but to get mulitple rides in on favorites.

It's one of the few things I'm really excited about- not having to schedule rides, shorter waits and no limit on them sounds good to me!

Yeah remember RoTR only was open from late December 2019 - March 2020 when EMH was a thing, and the ride was still highly unreliable at that time. It isn’t that reliable today, but it is much better than it was. I think they were spending tons of time trying to fix the ride just so it would work during normal hours. I hope Remy’s will be open for early and late extra hours, that would solve my problem of not having a Park pass for Epcot (at night at least)

Not sure about that, as a family we've spent over 20k a year going to Disney over the past 4 years (we go a lot). The changes have already netted a booking at Universal on a trip that was originally planned to be WDW. It's not that we're mad about it, changes happen... We would've been totally happy maintaining the quo of going to WDW exclusively, but they've pushed us to consider different options. I don't see how that's a win for the company as we're clearly not the only family in that boat by the comments on this board.
I totally acknowledge that there are some lifelong fans that are tapping out… I’d simply suggest you look at YoY revenue from the parks.

Nearly every move they’ve made over the past 10 years has driven solid top line sustainable growth.

The unfortunately reality for many is that while they might be losing affinity fans… they are growing with affluent spenders.

I totally acknowledge that there are some lifelong fans that are tapping out… I’d simply suggest you look at YoY revenue from the parks.

Nearly every move they’ve made over the past 10 years has driven solid top line sustainable growth.

The unfortunately reality for many is that while they might be losing affinity fans… they are growing with affluent spenders.

Yes because its a boom currently. When its a bust and all your non affluent customers are gone, you are in trouble.

we’ve been in a bull market rally for the last 10 years…almost all businesses are showing YOY gains.

sadly there stock still struggles to gain traction. It’s the Pfizer of travel stocks. They can cure cancer and it trades sideways

Disney is out of there f**ken minds…this is a classic example of executives getting ahold of a product and squeezing every last penny out of it until their is nothing left.

And anyone who says they see value in this garbage can spare me the lecture.

reality is Disney isn’t offering some new unique experience. They are recycling the same 30 year old attractions that I’ve been on a million times. Nothing like putting lipstick on a pig. Nickel and diming everyone to death. It’s disgusting.

I’m a diehard Disney fan, visiting 6-7 times in the last 2-3 years; spending tens of thousands of dollars. I make well into the six figures, no kids, no mortgage, no bills. Im the quintessential Disney guest to spend money but enough is enough.

I’d have more respect for them if they came out and were honest. Something like…”hey guest experiences hinge heavily on park attendance. From here on out we are cutting attendance but to offset the loss we are raising prices.”

Atleast I’d get it…and probably be willing to pay for it. Disney has lost me here. This is pure and utter garbage.

The hilarious part is even with Disney + as an additional revenue stream there stock still struggles to surpass pre covid ATH’s.

good luck cheapek

Well said.

What makes you think that "affluent spenders" are going to make more than one or two visits? They don't go to WDW every year. They go to exclusive ski resorts and exotic beach vacations. They visit Europe regularly and take cruises to Asian ports on high-end ships.

And there aren't enough 2-percenters to sustain a business model built on pixie dust. Disney needs the solidly middle-class customer. Because the 2-percenters know what constitutes real deluxe accommodations and signature dining, and it's not what Disney offers.

Yeah remember RoTR only was open from late December 2019 - March 2020 when EMH was a thing, and the ride was still highly unreliable at that time. It isn’t that reliable today, but it is much better than it was. I think they were spending tons of time trying to fix the ride just so it would work during normal hours. I hope Remy’s will be open for early and late extra hours, that would solve my problem of not having a Park pass for Epcot (at night at least)
BUT everyone will now be in Epcot on Monday.

What makes you think that "affluent spenders" are going to make more than one or two visits? They don't go to WDW every year. They go to exclusive ski resorts and exotic beach vacations. They visit Europe regularly and take cruises to Asian ports on high-end ships.

And there aren't enough 2-percenters to sustain a business model built on pixie dust. Disney needs the solidly middle-class customer. Because the 2-percenters know what constitutes real deluxe accommodations and signature dining, and it's not what Disney offers.
Affluent spenders probably do all of that. They are probably taking multiple vacations in a year. Also, it's not as easy to get to Europe or Asia right now. Skiing is out right now, since South America is pretty much closed, well Chile and Argentina. The US is pretty much where they can go right now.

Affluent spenders probably do all of that. They are probably taking multiple vacations in a year. Also, it's not as easy to get to Europe or Asia right now. Skiing is out right now, since South America is pretty much closed, well Chile and Argentina. The US is pretty much where they can go right now.
Disney is not the only destination in the US. Summer ends. Winter returns and skiing resumes. The travel restrictions will be lifted and guess who will be the first to look beyond the borders for their vacations? Affluent spenders are more likely to be one and done at Disney. And then who does Disney rely on to line their pockets?

Disney is not the only destination in the US. Summer ends. Winter returns and skiing resumes. The travel restrictions will be lifted and guess who will be the first to look beyond the borders for their vacations? Affluent spenders are more likely to be one and done at Disney. And then who does Disney rely on to line their pockets?
The hardcore fans that love Genie+

I beg to differ based upon my personal experience.

Based on the 2-percenters that I know, a theme park vacation with average hotels and restaurant offerings is very low on their list of vacation destinations. That's if Disney even makes the list.
Based upon the ones I know, theme park vacations are on the list, along with 2 or 3 other vacations during the year. I think it depends upon the family and possibly region/city.

Based on the 2-percenters that I know, a theme park vacation with average hotels and restaurant offerings is very low on their list of vacation destinations. That's if Disney even makes the list.

Agreed. Honestly based on wait times I’ve been seeing lately…it looks like demand is already waning. This is normally a strong month for summer vacations.

i just looked at MK…pirates 10mins, mansion 15 mins, thunder 25 mins. Doesn’t seem busy.

Agreed. Honestly based on wait times I’ve been seeing lately…it looks like demand is already waning. This is normally a strong month for summer vacations.

i just looked at MK…pirates 10mins, mansion 15 mins, thunder 25 mins. Doesn’t seem busy.
Actually, this part of August and early September are generally lower crowd times due to kids heading back to school and the weather conditions (hot, humid, lots of rain, peak hurricane season). I wouldn't judge demand based in wait times on this past week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter