• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Genie+ and ILL$ Details & FAQ - Launches 10/19 at WDW, Paid "FastPass" at WDW and Disneyland (date TBD)

I know this is all theoretical since no one has live experience with it but does the bolded part suggest that G+ won’t show all available ride/pass option but only the ones it thinks we would like? I’d like to make my own choice about what I’m interested in and don’t want to miss a pass because G+ thinks I won’t want it.

I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe you can't choose whatever ride you want that has availability- just that you can't select the time and have to take the next available slot or wait until later.

Last edited:
Yea it's going to be interesting for sure.

In theory what you are saying (I think) is G+ maybe mid morning will only offer you at MK-Aladdin or LMermaid-take it or leave it. Then maybe when you check later maybe H Mansion, on occasion a big hitter like BTMRR etc?

It will never allow a selection later at all? Like Aladdin now-or BTMRR in 45 minutes from now?

Based on the current available info, I still think G+ will just do ride drops in the app throughout the day, ensuring that popular rides will still have some availability in the evening. Disney may want to level the playing field and wants as many guests to pay for G+ ... not just the rope droppers. Only at-the-moment times will be available, and if sold out you won't be able to select that ride and have to check back later to see if passes open up again.

We'll never really know though until they release some more details or set the system loose

I know this is all theoretical since no one has live experience with it but does the bolded part suggest that G+ won’t show all available ride/pass option but only the ones it thinks we would like? I’d like to make my own choice about what I’m interested in and don’t want to miss a pass because G+ thinks I won’t want it.

There is a difference in the Genie itinerary planning thing that is free for all and making your G+ selections. The Itinerary will make suggestions, but you don't have to follow them. You will certainly be able to book whatever you want.

Based on the current available info, I still think G+ will just do ride drops in the app throughout the day, ensuring that popular rides will still have some availability in the evening. Disney may want to level the playing field and wants as many guests to pay for G+ ... not just the rope droppers. Only at-the-moment times will be available, and if sold out you won't be able to select that ride and have to check back later to see if passes open up again.

We'll never really know though until they release some more details or set the system loose
IMO that's the best way for it to work. You don't have to worry about rides selling out for the day first thing in the morning.

IMO that's the best way for it to work. You don't have to worry about rides selling out for the day first thing in the morning.
Maybe I’m misreading the info available, but that is exactly how i took it. I assumed they would handle it that way to shift crowds throughout the day. Maybe Tomorrowland is crazy busy, but Frontierland is empty in comparison so they offer BTM to guests to shift crowds around

I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe you can't chooose whatever ride you want that has availability- just that you can't select the time and have to take the next available slot or wait until later.
So there's going to be no way to "modify" a LL reservation or "cancel" one once you've selected it? That sounds crazy. Could you modify or cancel a maxpass?

So there's going to be no way to "modify" a LL reservation or "cancel" one once you've selected it? That sounds crazy.

I don't know, that's not what I was talking about. I was saying when you choose an attraction, it will be for the next available time slot. You can't schedule a LL reservation like you can IAS. I do think they're going to allow you to select from anything available and not ration througout the day. But that's just what makes sense to me and I've really seen nothing definitive one way or the other.

I don't know, that's not what I was talking about. I was saying when you choose an attraction, it will be for the next available time slot. You can't schedule a LL reservation like you can IAS. I do think they're going to allow you to select from anything available and not ration througout the day. But that's just what makes sense to me and I've really seen nothing definitive one way or the other.

So when you say next available time slot, do you mean not inecessarily immediate access -but maybe a slot like15 min to hours away?

So when you say next available time slot, do you mean not inecessarily immediate access -but maybe a slot like15 min to hours away?

It's like the old paper FastPass. They will be "Currently Distributing For" a certain time window that will shift forward as the "tickets" are given out. It may be that some rides are still distributing for quite soon, and others are further out becuase more passes have been claimed.

It's like the old paper FastPass. They will be "Currently Distributing For" a certain time window that will shift forward as the "tickets" are given out. It may be that some rides are still distributing for quite soon, and others are further out becuase more passes have been claimed.

Ah OK thanks.

I thought someone on here said they would only allow selections of immediate available attractions-not necessarily a future time stamp window like your saying.

Is that something that you know, or are speculating on? I haven’t seen anything that describes it that way, but maybe I missed something 🤷‍♂️

Ah OK thanks.

I thought someone on here said they would only allow selections of immediate available attractions-not necessarily a future time stamp window like your saying.

Well, it's that you can't choose a time further out. If they are distributing for the next hour that's what you get. If you wait, it will move forward throughout the day.

Is that something that you know, or are speculating on? I haven’t seen anything that describes it that way, but maybe I missed something 🤷‍♂️

Know may be a stong word, but based on the discription and the similarities to MaxPass, that is what I believe. Keep in mind, this is only for the Genie+ attractions, NOT for the ones you pay extra for, "Individual Attraction Selections" or whatever it is called. I think for those you may be able to pick your time like FP+ had.

I also wonder if this system "might" be able to enforce some kind of "tiers" on an individual throughout the day.

If it can tell your park pass has 2 purchased attractions and won't allow more (I thought I read that) it could also limit was is offered to you.

Like if your there in the AM and have landed say M Falcon, and a bit later (maybe noon) RNR-it might not offer TOT to you but maybe to others?

Last edited:
Well, it's that you can't choose a time further out. If they are distributing for the next hour that's what you get. If you wait, it will move forward throughout the day.

Yea I get that, I just thought it was immediate access only, but now it sounds like in your scenario (if its similar to paper FP) you might well see some attractions have been churning out so many reservations-that they are into the later afternoon return times by maybe even mid morning.

Is that what your thinking?

Yea I get that, I just thought it was immediate access only, but now it sounds like in your scenario (if its similar to paper FP) you might well see some attractions have been churning out so many reservations-that they are into the later afternoon return times by maybe even mid morning.

Is that what your thinking?

Yes, pretty much. It sounds exactly like MaxPass was at DLR. Popular attractions did run through their times and run out faster, which is why I also believe that they will allow another booking after a certain amount of time even if you haven't used one you are holding because it might be so much later. That's how the old FP and MAxPass systems worked. It seems sensible.

Yes, pretty much. It sounds exactly like MaxPass was at DLR. Popular attractions did run through their times and run out faster, which is why I also believe that they will allow another booking after a certain amount of time even if you haven't used one you are holding because it might be so much later. That's how the old FP and MAxPass systems worked. It seems sensible.

Interesting. Never had MaxPass yet when we visited DL.

So you also don't think they might "secretly" enforce tiers on some. No way to know if it's not offered.

And also do not think they will do "drops" throughout the day, keeping availability for later?

Interesting. Never had MaxPass yet when we visited DL.

So you also don't think they might "secretly" enforce tiers on some.

And also do not think they will do "drops" throughout the day, keeping availability for later?

MaxPass was pretty much exactly like getting paper FastPass except you didn't have to walk to the kiosk AND you could access cancellations and I believe the timing window was shorter for another pull. Essentially though it was the same.

I do not think they will mask attractions from users. I feel like that would be a bad precedent, especially considering that users are paying for this. If I pay and want Haunted Mansion, I better be able to get it and not have it be hidden from me even though it's available.

I don't think drops will be needed because of the natural flow of the time windows. They may hold back availability for the paid attractions though - that I'm not sure of.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter