Disney Genie announcement

Same cm that dealt with recovery fast passes and disability entry. Who wants to get paid 9$ and hour to pick up garbage all day when they can work down the road for 15$ being a cashier..
This only applies to Orlando though, By law, minimum wage in California is $15. All CMs there are paid at least minimum wage.

All I have been hearing are bad reviews of genie plus. The majority being that you need to book early and be in the park rope drop so you can get a few genie + rides in befor they are all gone. Which is rather silly since if your in the park for rope drop than you really don't need genie+.

What are people's thoughts on changes they might make if the purchase of genie+ goes below 20% of park goers using it. ?

What are people's thoughts on changes they might make if the purchase of genie+ goes below 20% of park goers using it. ?

Possible changes (or at least changes I’d like to see them make to make me consider actually buying it:)
1. Allow guests to select 2 reservations at once. That way you can keep the cooling period to make it fair and equitable but eliminate one of the most frustrating parts of the wait.
2. Add a higher priced tier like Universal that bypasses the need to “reserve” times and allows you to hop into any LL line at any time.
3. Add it as a free perk during a promotional period (unlikely unless adoption drops drastically which doesn’t seem like it’s happening any time soon.)

Possible changes (or at least changes I’d like to see them make to make me consider actually buying it:)
1. Allow guests to select 2 reservations at once. That way you can keep the cooling period to make it fair and equitable but eliminate one of the most frustrating parts of the wait.
2. Add a higher priced tier like Universal that bypasses the need to “reserve” times and allows you to hop into any LL line at any time.
3. Add it as a free perk during a promotional period (unlikely unless adoption drops drastically which doesn’t seem like it’s happening any time soon.)
I think #2 would be the way to go to actually make it usable. Saddly making it cost more but guarantee available rides all day would make it worth it. 45$ a person per day multiple rides ok. And that might be even too little to get a balance.

All I have been hearing are bad reviews of genie plus. The majority being that you need to book early and be in the park rope drop so you can get a few genie + rides in befor they are all gone. Which is rather silly since if your in the park for rope drop than you really don't need genie+.

If all you are hearing are bad reviews you have not been looking at the thread about Genie+ strategies which contains many examples of how people have used Genie+ effectively.

The statement that you have to be be in the park at rope drop to get a few Genie + rides in before they are all gone is patently false.

I think #2 would be the way to go to actually make it usable. Saddly making it cost more but guarantee available rides all day would make it worth it. 45$ a person per day multiple rides ok. And that might be even too little to get a balance.
I think that while that’s a good idea in theory, rides would be completely bogged down just trying to accommodate that many guests. Even if it only 15% of guests that but it, that is essentially around 7-10k people per day per park with unlimited fast passes

If all you are hearing are bad reviews you have not been looking at the thread about Genie+ strategies which contains many examples of how people have used Genie+ effectively.

The statement that you have to be be in the park at rope drop to get a few Genie + rides in before they are all gone is patently false.
I have watched many different vlogs of them using it multiple ways and most the time they comeback not happy. The newest addition is Adam hattan.

I have watched many different vlogs of them using it multiple ways and most the time they comeback not happy. The newest addition is Adam hattan.

If vloggers are unhappy, so be it. I‘m not sure that vloggers are the best representatives of the average guest.

But it is not true that you have to be in the park at rope drop and do a few rides before everything is gone. I know that from my own experiences.

If vloggers are unhappy, so be it. I‘m not sure that vloggers are the best representatives of the average guest.

But it is not true that you have to be in the park at rope drop and do a few rides before everything is gone. I know that from my own experiences.
I agree, the part about getting on early to book a reservation seems correct to me, at least from my last experience there, but that really just pertained to ROTR, and Rat, which you would have needed to get up early for, before genie

The thing about G+ for me in December was that I don't stay in the parks late these days and G+ seemed to be working best for people who either stayed in the parks all day or booked their G+s in the morning for the afternoon and evening. This requires work and vigilance, since you can't pick a time for G+.

If the "solution"--is it a solution?--to the current system is to charge even more for it, then I will go back to RD strategy, which I used in December anyway, along with G+. My sister and I spent a bit over $400 in total for a one-week stay in December, between G+ and ILL$. I can't really see doing that again. It's a lot of money to me. And, btw, if you're listening, Disney, this definitely cut into our TS food budget.

For people with unlimited funds who want all-inclusive front-of-the-line access, there's always hiring a plaid. We saw a lot of them in December.

If we're suggesting things that would help, how about this? Let WDW resort guests make 2 G+ reservations per day in advance of their trip. This doesn't solve the supposed level-the-playing-field idea that I've seen given for WDW going to G+, but frankly the playing field is never level. Off-site guests are still often locked out of purchasing ILL$ for RotR and FoP, deluxe resort guests get extra evening hours, and all resort guests get ETPE. That's hardly what I'd call a level playing field.

The thing about G+ for me in December was that I don't stay in the parks late these days and G+ seemed to be working best for people who either stayed in the parks all day or booked their G+s in the morning for the afternoon and evening. This requires work and vigilance, since you can't pick a time for G+.

If the "solution"--is it a solution?--to the current system is to charge even more for it, then I will go back to RD strategy, which I used in December anyway, along with G+. My sister and I spent a bit over $400 in total for a one-week stay in December, between G+ and ILL$. I can't really see doing that again. It's a lot of money to me. And, btw, if you're listening, Disney, this definitely cut into our TS food budget.

For people with unlimited funds who want all-inclusive front-of-the-line access, there's always hiring a plaid. We saw a lot of them in December.

If we're suggesting things that would help, how about this? Let WDW resort guests make 2 G+ reservations per day in advance of their trip. This doesn't solve the supposed level-the-playing-field idea that I've seen given for WDW going to G+, but frankly the playing field is never level. Off-site guests are still often locked out of purchasing ILL$ for RotR and FoP, deluxe resort guests get extra evening hours, and all resort guests get ETPE. That's hardly what I'd call a level playing field.
I thought everyone could buy ILL at 7am. FoP and RotR and other paid ones are open to all to buy at 7am, right?

Personally I would rather see on-site guests get additional perks rather than add things that continue to penalise off-site guests like ROTR ILLs but I'm an off-site guest so I would say that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter