Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I don't usually pay any attention to talk of using Walmart gc for Disney cards.
So I can redeem for SB Walmart say the $25 (at the discounted 2200 SB), and then use to buy $25 Disney gc in store or online? And is there no shipping fees if I do online? Do they mail a physical gc then? Is this pretty common at Walmart stores without much issue? I usually do Paypal fur most if my SB and then Target (or BB when that worked lol), so considering Walmart now. Still have some target gc to use the hike also getting some other items using redcard, but a straight up gc to sale at Walmart would be convenient sometimes. although there is the 5% redcard discount ...

I actually use the Walmart gift cards at Sam's Club so I can't help you there. Sorry!

Christmas in July?

Exactly. I'll be heading to Kroger today and tomorrow to get the Visa GC's to help cover the cost of the camera and add fuel points for August. Since we are vacationing in August I think I'll only do $250.

I hope BB offers a better deal soon on their GC's what I currently have on hand isn't enough for all three items camera and two kitchen appliances.

Don't know if this was on here yet, but my Kroger account has a coupon for this weekend for 4x fuel points on Visa/MC gcs! I was crossing all of my fingers and toes for this :laughing:

I saw this in my account too, very pleased! I hope I can do this twice again today and tomorrow!

Last edited:
So I don't usually pay any attention to talk of using Walmart gc for Disney cards.
So I can redeem for SB Walmart say the $25 (at the discounted 2200 SB), and then use to buy $25 Disney gc in store or online? And is there no shipping fees if I do online? Do they mail a physical gc then? Is this pretty common at Walmart stores without much issue? I usually do Paypal fur most if my SB and then Target (or BB when that worked lol), so considering Walmart now. Still have some target gc to use the hike also getting some other items using redcard, but a straight up gc to sale at Walmart would be convenient sometimes. although there is the 5% redcard discount ...

I've tried at Walmart (physical stories - different ones) twice this past week with no luck so far. But I had added my SB giftcards to Walmart pay thinking that would be easier and less noticeable and possibly easier to do at self-pay.

I've tried at self pay twice and at registers twice and both times couldn't make it work.

So if you do it, I'd definitely NOT add it to Walmart Pay since so far that's been a total no go for me in CA.

I may try getting one more and printing it only and trying it that way but I'll wait till after the first of the month.

Bought a $100 Disney gift card at Kroger today with the digital coupon loaded to my account and only got 2x fuel points. Went to customer service and the guy was so busy he had to take my info so he could load it later. Guess we'll have to see if he actually does.

I've tried at Walmart (physical stories - different ones) twice this past week with no luck so far. But I had added my SB giftcards to Walmart pay thinking that would be easier and less noticeable and possibly easier to do at self-pay.

I've tried at self pay twice and at registers twice and both times couldn't make it work.

So if you do it, I'd definitely NOT add it to Walmart Pay since so far that's been a total no go for me in CA.

I may try getting one more and printing it only and trying it that way but I'll wait till after the first of the month.
Bummer. Worked for me in CA in the Central Valley with the physical print-out and manager approval. At least they sell a large variety of other stuff! (Personally I hate shopping at Walmart but I find pick up in store to be a bit better.)

BJs has recently stop the practice of letting nonmembers buy online too.
Welp was coming in here to ask about BJs. Wanted to checkout and buy discounted Hotels.com gift cards. $85 for $100. A really great deal. I don’t have a BJ’s anywhere near me so I guess I have to buy the $10 pass. I was about to sign up for a new shopping portal so I guess that’ll cover $10. Still a bummer though. The scammers must be out of control.

Welp was coming in here to ask about BJs. Wanted to checkout and buy discounted Hotels.com gift cards. $85 for $100. A really great deal. I don’t have a BJ’s anywhere near me so I guess I have to buy the $10 pass. I was about to sign up for a new shopping portal so I guess that’ll cover $10. Still a bummer though. The scammers must be out of control.
I didnt realize they sold those for 15% off all of the time. I might have to break down and buy a pass...

Thanks! I have the Target RedCard (5%) and an AMEX card that gets me 6% off at grocery stores. I don't see how BJs would be any better than that or am I missing something?

I usually buy about $3,000 worth of Disney cards in December (for my DVC dues and my annual NYE trip expenses) so Sams :crazy2: still might be worth it.

I wouldn't use it to replace those options. The advantage Sam's has over BJ's is if you go the whole discounted GC > GC route. I haven't tried yet, but I'm not sure you can buy a GC with a BJ's GC, and if you could I don't think I've seen them discounted.

BJ's would work if you got a discounted V/MC GC at a grocery store, (like the recent Safeway and I think Giant coupons gave a $3-5 discount after covering the fees. Last one I bought was a $500 GC with a $10 off coupon, so I paid $495.95 OOP) that you paid for with your 6% back AmEx and then used that to buy discounted Disney at BJ's. So that's pretty close to 10% off. If you did that enough the $10 membership adds a negligible amount against that discount. You'd want to find higher discounts on the Walmart GC's to cancel out the higher membership fee to Sam's.

It's a numbers game, just have to decide how far and how much effort you want to put into it to decide if either membership is worth it for you :)

I got this from Corporate so lets see what happens.

Thank you for contacting Target about your experience. Your email has been received by our Executive Offices and I have been asked to respond. I understand the frustrations of not being about to purchase specialty GiftCards with Target GiftCards any longer. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience you’ve experienced.

I am currently working to see what we can do to assist, but I'm not able to promise anything at this point. In the meantime please reply to this email with a phone number for me to give you a call at once I'm able to let you know what next steps, if any, that we can take.

I look forward to speaking with you.
Did you talk to them yet?

Bought a $100 Disney gift card at Kroger today with the digital coupon loaded to my account and only got 2x fuel points. Went to customer service and the guy was so busy he had to take my info so he could load it later. Guess we'll have to see if he actually does.

Did you get this resolved? I was planning to go on Thursday, I had my days mixed up, I thought Thursday was Friday until @amalone1013 kindly reminded me...

I think it's Fri - Sun

Did you get this resolved? I was planning to go on Thursday, I had my days mixed up, I thought Thursday was Friday until @amalone1013 kindly reminded me...

It's resolved now but it involved another trip to customer service. I went early this morning though so I wouldn't have to wait long. While I was there, picked up a $100 visa and another small Disney gc to top off the number of fuel points I wanted to get this month. Can't believe it's the last day of June already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter