Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I know Target changed their gift card policy to not allow Disney gift cards to be purchased with target gift cards....but I have $2100 of target gift cards. Has anyone had any luck contacting corporate or in store? Are there any other options to change these into Disney gift cards or back into cash? Has anyone had success in the past of contacting corporate and getting any help? I cant believe they didn't give us any warning about this change. A lot of people save up target gift cards for their vacation and this is going to screw over a lot of people.

I got this from Corporate so lets see what happens.

Thank you for contacting Target about your experience. Your email has been received by our Executive Offices and I have been asked to respond. I understand the frustrations of not being about to purchase specialty GiftCards with Target GiftCards any longer. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience you’ve experienced.

I am currently working to see what we can do to assist, but I'm not able to promise anything at this point. In the meantime please reply to this email with a phone number for me to give you a call at once I'm able to let you know what next steps, if any, that we can take.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Okay. What did I do wrong here.

Went to Safeway Bought 2 $100 Visa GCs. Paid $196.90 after the coupon. Used my Discover IT card to get 5% back on groceries and a cashback match on my 1-year anniversary. So far, so good.

Went to Best Buy. Cashier scans my SB QR code. I pay with one of the Visa GCs. No problem.

Get home and check the receipt. Bottom of the receipt reads:
Hardware/Software
You purchased the following
SWAGBUCKS $0 AFFILIATE SKU
Shopper ID:##########

Went to Safeway Bought 2 $100 Visa GCs. Paid $196.90 after the coupon. Used my Discover IT card to get 5% back on groceries and a cashback match on my 1-year anniversary. So far, so good.

Went to Best Buy. Cashier scans my SB QR code. I pay with one of the Visa GCs. No problem.

Hardware/Software

That’s what my receipt always says when I receive the Swagbucks bonus. You should receive an email about the purchase in a couple days. You may even have the bonus by the end of the week.

That’s what my receipt always says when I receive the Swagbucks bonus. You should receive an email about the purchase in a couple days. You may even have the bonus by the end of the week.
Thank you for the reassurance. After a frustrating outing at Target today, I wasn't going to be too happy if the SB deal was dead, too.

Thank you for the reassurance. After a frustrating outing at Target today, I wasn't going to be too happy if the SB deal was dead, too.
Nope, it's good! If you are a BB rewards member, you can see all of your previous purchases in your account. All of my recent in-store purchases show that I "bought" a Swagbucks Affiliate:rotfl2:.

Just learning about the new Target policy. I'm pretty bummed as I am able to earn free Target GCs through my wellness program. That's how I pay for my food for my yearly Disney trip. I usually earn around $600/year. I am expecting $350 more between now and our Christmas trip. I guess what I'll do is use the GCs for other items and then take the money I would have spent to buy a Disney GC at Kroger. This way I can earn 4x fuel points and get cashback with my credit card (2-5% depending on which card I use). I already do this with my Swagbucks money I get transferred to my Paypal account. It was just always easier to just swap out a Target GC with a Disney GC. I can also earn Amazon GCs with my wellness program, so I may do some Target and some Amazon depending on what I need at the time.

Now your thinking! You're one smart cookie ::yes::

Hardware/Software

Nothing, yer good here. The $0 has no relevance on the purchase, I think it's just a sku they use internally; it's the same on every purchase. Since it's a sku (or a product) they assigned a dollar value to it in the system. Like @kristenrice I've purchased several Swagbucks affilates for $0 as well :) Got the bonus for each one!

Now your thinking! You're one smart cookie ::yes::
Thanks for the compliment! I actually do more through Kroger than Target anyway. I pay my DVC dues this way. I wait until April-June when I get 5% cashback through Chase Freedom for grocery store purchases and then I wait until I get a 4x fuel points coupon. I end up saving 19% that way on Disney GCs. I just liked the ease of swapping Target GCs for Disney GCs. Now, it's going to take some work. I will need to compare my products at Target with Kroger because I don't want to buy something that I can get cheaper at Kroger. I did some comparing today and there aren't a lot of things that are cheaper. Also my local Target is very small and limited on products, so I usually order online and have items shipped to my house. But the disadvantage with that is I can't use coupons (at least, I don't think you can). So that limits the items I want to order from Target. I'm bummed because I just ordered $112 worth of smoke alarms from Amazon. I wish I had waited on that purchase because I could have cashed out $50 from my wellness program for Amazon GCs and used those. I will miss the days I could just walk into Target and get a Disney GC for free.

Whew, I'm glad I saw all of this about Target. Would've been a rude awakening to keep on redeeming them on SB and show up to be able to get nothing.

Is there a trick to doing Walmart GC to Disney (not doing it via Sam's, but Walmart itself)?

I loaded them onto my Walmart Pay thing and tried the other day with no luck at all.

Is there a trick to doing Walmart GC to Disney (not doing it via Sam's, but Walmart itself)?

I loaded them onto my Walmart Pay thing and tried the other day with no luck at all.
I don't use Walmart pay, I just printed it off and went during a low crowd time. I took mine to self check-out early in the morning. The computer froze after I scanned the gift card, the manager had to come authorize it and I was on my merry way.

Nothing, yer good here. The $0 has no relevance on the purchase, I think it's just a sku they use internally; it's the same on every purchase. Since it's a sku (or a product) they assigned a dollar value to it in the system. Like @kristenrice I've purchased several Swagbucks affilates for $0 as well :) Got the bonus for each one!

Yes, always get the bonus except twice. And those two times that I didn't get the SB was when that Swagbucks $0 affiliate SKU was not on the receipt. Now I try to check after my first one to be sure it's working right! Sometimes I think it's the order I hand over the gc and the qr code.

I need to purchase about $2,500 worth of Disney gift cards. I am planning on using Target redcard for ease of use. I wanted to know if it was best to do it in batches or what? A few weeks ago I did $600 at one time, but didnt know if it would let me do $2500 at one time. Any tips or advice?

I need to purchase about $2,500 worth of Disney gift cards. I am planning on using Target redcard for ease of use. I wanted to know if it was best to do it in batches or what? A few weeks ago I did $600 at one time, but didnt know if it would let me do $2500 at one time. Any tips or advice?
Do you know what your REDCard limit is? Some of them are pretty low.

Other than that, buying that many GCs in a single purchase is bound to draw attention. Managers can and do exercise their authority to limit quantities. You may run into that kind of situation.

Since digital Disney GCs are available on the Target website, I would start there. They definitely limit your ability to purchase massive amounts with fraud protection software, so don't overdo it. Just get the maximum you can buy. The head off to your local Target to pick up the rest.

I think I can only get $400 at a time at Target :( I do like ordering through Target dot com but I didn't realize you could get electronic cards!

That was truly the best churn in my experience. Ahhhhhh the good 'ol days of saving 30% or more depending on how long you churned! I'm happy with like 12% now which isn't anything to sneeze at but still :guilty:
How do you still get 12%? The best that I might be able to do is 6% from my AMEX card buying at a grocery store plus maybe 2% in fuel perks (my new car has a 7 gallon tank, so fuel perks are now worth just about nothing).

How do you still get 12%? The best that I might be able to do is 6% from my AMEX card buying at a grocery store plus maybe 2% in fuel perks (my new car has a 7 gallon tank, so fuel perks are now worth just about nothing).

Buying discounted Wal-Mart gift cards at 5-7% with a credit card offering 2% back plus if it's through Raise another 1% through Ebates. Then buy them at Sam's Club (.com) at ~4% I think it is currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter