Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I know Target changed their gift card policy to not allow Disney gift cards to be purchased with target gift cards....but I have $2100 of target gift cards. Has anyone had any luck contacting corporate or in store? Are there any other options to change these into Disney gift cards or back into cash? Has anyone had success in the past of contacting corporate and getting any help? I cant believe they didn't give us any warning about this change. A lot of people save up target gift cards for their vacation and this is going to screw over a lot of people.

Ok so I know Target changed their gift card policy to not allow Disney gift cards to be purchased with target gift cards....but I have $2100 of target gift cards. Has anyone had any luck contacting corporate or in store? Are there any other options to change these into Disney gift cards or back into cash? Has anyone had success in the past of contacting corporate and getting any help? I cant believe they didn't give us any warning about this change. A lot of people save up target gift cards for their vacation and this is going to screw over a lot of people.
Ouch! No, I have never seen an instance where corporate reversed their own policy for someone like that. Unfortunately we have seen stories like yours because gc to gc abilities changed overnight at GameStop & BestBuy, there was no warning it’s the risk we take. I think your only practical option is to determine how much of it you can use on Target stuff for yourself (you don’t happen to be in the market for a tv or iPhone or some huge purchase like that this year?) and sell the rest using a site like Raise or Cardpool (I endorse neither having not tried to sell a gift card before).

I agree with @gottalovepluto . I don't think you will get very far with Target Corporate. They will contend that Target sells a wide variety of merchandise and your GCs have value. I highly doubt that you will get your money back because you banked your vacation money in Target gift cards instead of a safer place. Your options are either to use them for items for which you have a need or sell them (at a loss) thru one of the gift card resale websites.

Last month, I (and a few others) got "stuck" with BB GCs when they changed their GC-> GC policy without warning. I found a way to make myself whole (replaced a cellphone that Samsung could not repair under warranty and they prorated a refund to put towards a new phone). I also got caught with $75 in Target GCs that could not be converted last week. I bought some toilet paper, coffee and groceries. I still have $16+ to spend down, And who could forget the great deal of weeping when eBay unceremoniously eliminated the ability to purchase a GC with an eBay GC? That effectlively ended the fun we all had churning from eBay GC <-> Target GC and finally to Disney GCs. Yep, got "stuck" with a few hundred in eBay GCs that I found a way out of.

I hope you can find a way to may lemonade from these lemons. It's a great deal of money to have tied up and to be unable to use it as intended. It's been said in this thread many times - don't risk more than you're willing to lose when it comes to playing this game. The rewards can be great but if the rug gets pulled out from under you - UGH!!!!!

I agree with @gottalovepluto . I don't think you will get very far with Target Corporate. They will contend that Target sells a wide variety of merchandise and your GCs have value. I highly doubt that you will get your money back because you banked your vacation money in Target gift cards instead of a safer place. Your options are either to use them for items for which you have a need or sell them (at a loss) thru one of the gift card resale websites.

Last month, I (and a few others) got "stuck" with BB GCs when they changed their GC-> GC policy without warning. I found a way to make myself whole (replaced a cellphone that Samsung could not repair under warranty and they prorated a refund to put towards a new phone). I also got caught with $75 in Target GCs that could not be converted last week. I bought some toilet paper, coffee and groceries. I still have $16+ to spend down, And who could forget the great deal of weeping when eBay unceremoniously eliminated the ability to purchase a GC with an eBay GC? That effectlively ended the fun we all had churning from eBay GC <-> Target GC and finally to Disney GCs. Yep, got "stuck" with a few hundred in eBay GCs that I found a way out of.

I hope you can find a way to may lemonade from these lemons. It's a great deal of money to have tied up and to be unable to use it as intended. It's been said in this thread many times - don't risk more than you're willing to lose when it comes to playing this game. The rewards can be great but if the rug gets pulled out from under you - UGH!!!!!
Forgot eBay was in the last couple years too! Probably because under my life regrets:
Didn’t jump on the eBay/Target gift card churn :sad2:

Forgot eBay was in the last couple years too! Probably because under my life regrets:
Didn’t jump on the eBay/Target gift card churn :sad2:

That was truly the best churn in my experience. Ahhhhhh the good 'ol days of saving 30% or more depending on how long you churned! I'm happy with like 12% now which isn't anything to sneeze at but still :guilty:

Contacted them on Sat. and this is their response. I doubt they will change the policy. You can still use Target Gift Cards just not for DGC. I was lucky to have cashed mine in for DGC on the 13th and if not for reading the budget board I would have been clueless about the change.

Thank you for contacting Target Guest Relations. I do apologize for the experience you have had purchasing Disney Giftcards with your Target Giftcards. Target continuously reviews policies to insure we’re providing the best shopping experience for all our guests. I’ll make sure your comments are shared with our leadership.

We value your feedback and will use it to improve. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Sheita

Target Guest Relations

I have a random silly Kroger question. If I buy a $50 gift card that has a $5 off coupon on my account, am I earning fuel points on $45 or $50? It's been so long since one of those was worth it for me, I can't remember.

I have a random silly Kroger question. If I buy a $50 gift card that has a $5 off coupon on my account, am I earning fuel points on $45 or $50? It's been so long since one of those was worth it for me, I can't remember.

I did the $5 discounted Regal card the other day, and I earned fuel points on the full amount, so it should be $50.

A coworker told me she went into Target to buy some gift cards with her Target gift cards and it was rejected at the register.
She was really upset and was then told she could return her gift card and get her money back if she has the receipt. She went
home and grabbled it and got back the money. (she purchased when it was 10 percent off gift cards)

I didn't think you could return gift cards but i just read on their site you can long as you have receipt and its a physical gift card.

A coworker told me she went into Target to buy some gift cards with her Target gift cards and it was rejected at the register.
She was really upset and was then told she could return her gift card and get her money back if she has the receipt. She went
home and grabbled it and got back the money. (she purchased when it was 10 percent off gift cards)

I didn't think you could return gift cards but i just read on their site you can long as you have receipt and its a physical gift card.
WOW! That’s awesome!

WOW! That’s awesome!

Yeah im surprised. I have 2 100 dollar ones my dad gave me for Christmas and my Birthday. He gave me
the receipt for both to make sure they were activated. I was going to convert them but now maybe i will take
them in.
Here is what i found on their site.
http://help.target.com/help/subcate...&parentcat=Gift+Cards&searchQuery=search+help

Can I return a Target GiftCard?

Target Mobile GiftCards and Target eGiftCards purchased on Target.com cannot be returned or redeemed for cash or credit except where required by law. Physical Target GiftCards can be returned in store with a receipt if unused.

I believe a physical gift card can only be returned to target of it was purchased directly from target, if it was purchased at a 3rd party store I'm not sure if they would allow the return.

Also, I am going to assume they will refund it to the original form of payment. If you paid with a credit card that you don't have anymore, I don't know if they would give you cash instead.

If I am wrong on these 2 points, then you can use the amex offer at Lowes to buy $1000 of Target gift cards, and then return it to Target for $1000 in cash and $100 in Amex credits. Again, I highly doubt they would allow that.

Last edited:
If I am wrong on these 2 points, then you can use the amex offer at Lowes to buy $1000 of Target gift cards, and then return it to Target for $1000 in cash and $100 in Amex credits. Again, I highly doubt they would allow that.

That won't work. Directly above it says that the return must have a receipt. Target's not going to refund you with Lowe's receipt.

That won't work. Directly above it says that the return must have a receipt. Target's not going to refund you with Lowe's receipt.
In which case, why would you purchase a Target GC from Target if you wanted to use the GC to buy a Disney GC?

Aside from receiving gifts, every year Target has offered 10% off their gift cards. Many people loaded up intending to buy Disney GCs later on.
Geez! Head slap! I totally forgot about that deal! I guess I just don't hold onto my Target GCs long enough for it to be a consideration in June. But I can see how that could have happened to the PP.

I hope that's the case and they can get their money back quickly enough to buy their Disney GCs somewhere for a good price.

I would go and do the Sam's Club route if I already had and used a membership there, but we use Costco. If I had to pay for a membership there it would really negate any savings. I wonder if they ever do any get in free days or such?

For anyone interested, Orbitz has a coupon for 15% off and it works on Disney hotels. You may have to check different hotels, for example, I just checked on a few days in August, the All Star Music had the same prices as the disney website but the Movies and Sports were more expensive.

So you can get 15% off + up to 5% orbucks without having to go through collecting Disney gift cards. Again, you will have to check your specific hotels and dates to see if this will work for you.

Just a note: you can also get 2.5% cash back from ebates, but it does have an exclusion if you use a coupon code so I don't know if that would track.

Oh, and the coupon code is HEATWAVE.

Just learning about the new Target policy. I'm pretty bummed as I am able to earn free Target GCs through my wellness program. That's how I pay for my food for my yearly Disney trip. I usually earn around $600/year. I am expecting $350 more between now and our Christmas trip. I guess what I'll do is use the GCs for other items and then take the money I would have spent to buy a Disney GC at Kroger. This way I can earn 4x fuel points and get cashback with my credit card (2-5% depending on which card I use). I already do this with my Swagbucks money I get transferred to my Paypal account. It was just always easier to just swap out a Target GC with a Disney GC. I can also earn Amazon GCs with my wellness program, so I may do some Target and some Amazon depending on what I need at the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter