disney grand california sale start 1-25-09 for founding members

man o man..what a mess..who is in charge of all this nonsense? Jim Lewis? poor guides...

Judging from the last few posts, it seems existing members can add on for minimum 25 points for cash purchases. Does this apply during the Founding Members period (that is, from now till Mar. 25?) or is it only true for non Founding Members after Mar. 25?

I actually spoke with my Disneyland Guide last Friday (Mar. 6) and specifically asked about minimum add-on for Founding Members. He said it's 100 and mentioned all the incentives. Is he telling the truth (or maybe he has not received the memo that add-on's can be less than 100)?

I always trust the Disboards more! :thumbsup2

I had a door tag from Fed Ex requiring a direct signature waiting for me last night. I'm pretty sure it's my annual passes!

I had a door tag from Fed Ex requiring a direct signature waiting for me last night. I'm pretty sure it's my annual passes!

Enjoy!

SWA is making it difficult to stay away from DL, $45 each way to OC on Ding fares. I really must resist! I just booked a weekend at San Diego in May last Sunday.

Judging from the last few posts, it seems existing members can add on for minimum 25 points for cash purchases. Does this apply during the Founding Members period (that is, from now till Mar. 25?) or is it only true for non Founding Members after Mar. 25?

I actually spoke with my Disneyland Guide last Friday (Mar. 6) and specifically asked about minimum add-on for Founding Members. He said it's 100 and mentioned all the incentives. Is he telling the truth (or maybe he has not received the memo that add-on's can be less than 100)?

I always trust the Disboards more! :thumbsup2

You are understanding correctly and it sounds as if your guide did not get the memo. The change back to a 25 pt minimum has already occurred.

We bought 220 points at GCV on Valentines day and took the DP's and booked the Grand concierge in June for 5 nights which just happened to be 220 points! Received our 2 annual passes today which must be validated by June 2010. I thought our guide said they must be validated by June 2009. This is better for us since our current passes don't expire until the end of August. We now own 545 points which is enough, already!

We bought 220 points at GCV on Valentines day and took the DP's and booked the Grand concierge in June for 5 nights which just happened to be 220 points! Received our 2 annual passes today which must be validated by June 2010. I thought our guide said they must be validated by June 2009. This is better for us since our current passes don't expire until the end of August. We now own 545 points which is enough, already!

the 'closer' (i.e., the notary who had us sign the docs) said June 2009, but my guide told me last week the deadline to use the APs was June 2010, which works out much better for me!

We bought 200 points on Saturday to add to our 264 AKV points. We were staying at the GCH for the first time, and I felt like I was home. :cloud9: We are taking the free cruise option. We've always wanted to try a DCL cruise.

We're staying GCH Concierge the 1st week of May. We had exactly 220pts we had to use from a cancelled WDW trip, happy to apply those to 5 nights Concierge at the Grand! Last chance to stay on the hotel side before the villas are open...

Congrats MsOkapi!!!

You are understanding correctly and it sounds as if your guide did not get the memo. The change back to a 25 pt minimum has already occurred.

Thank you, KAT4DISNEY! I will call my DL guide back tomorrow.

Now, I'm curious if any Founding Member who did not want 100 pts. before actually made a VGC purchase for less than 100 points now that they have reverted back to more reasonable minimums...

I just left WDW today after a few days there. While there I met with my guide. At the end of the Founding Member period (Mar 25), sales will open up to anyone - existing DVC or not. The incentives "could" be changing before that date, wink wink, was the line I got as well. No mention of what they might change to, but she definitely said she'd let me know what they change to, since while there we were able to provide everything needed in order to get my purchase order in once the non-founder sales open up on the 26th. The general feeling is that they'll be quite busy on the 26th - but she did say they were all crossing their fingers multiple times too. I guess we'll all see how it goes in a couple of weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter