Disney Magic Kingdoms

Well, one pair of glasses away from Carl. Characters didn't drop anything, but Paradise Falls did. I have 22 gems right now...leveling Dante and the TIE Fighter Pilot plus the two gems tonight for ads. If the last pair of glasses doesn't drop in the next two days, I'll have enough gems to buy them.

I am racking up a lot of trophies and EC, though...

Well here we are at Wednesday evening and I have all of Carl’s hats and need 6 more Glasses. We will see in the morning.

Wound up with decent drops. I guess. Sure haven't started blowing gems on speeding through tasks. Had plenty of time to get him.

Ugh. I hit the awful RNG I guess. I've been playing plenty, but still don't have what I need.

After about 4 hours of gameplay today, I am at 10 glasses and 4 hats. I am pretty disgusted. Oh, Season Pass at 85. I pity the casual player.

I'm not getting things to drop either. I'm doing better than you are, but I'm nowhere near getting him. This may be the final nail in the coffin for Gameloft.

In Windows I still need 2 Glasses, and 4 Ear Hats. Current cost to buy him is 260 gems.

In IOS, I need 7 Ear Hats. Current cost to buy him 350 gems.

Morning has arrived and I got two more glasses, I have little more then a day to get the remaining 4 pairs of glasses. It would cost 120 gems to Buy him at this point so come on glasses.

After work yesterday, the last glasses I needed dropped...but I had both Dante and Chief Tui leveling. I had to wait to welcome Carl to this morning and that is now officially done. Finished all the Event Happiness Tasks, Carl is out on his first quest and I have Kevin and Russell both leveling now.

I play regularly, bought the pass, and still need 5 stupid ear hats and 2 pairs of glasses for Carl. I haven’t been on here in a while, but checked in to see if anyone was faring any better. Sound like most are hitting a similar wall.

I did notice that when I blew all my gems on Kevin that my parade finally started dropping gems again. I was getting nada when I was at a higher number

I'm at 9 /15 glasses and 11/15 ears. 380 gems to purchase currently. Kevin is pretty much useless with his 60 minute task

I have been awake since 3 a.m., so I got some extra playing in. Still only have 12/15 glasses and 6/15 hats. Current cost to buy him is 540 gems, which I don't have because I got Kevin. If I bought gems to cover it, it would cost more than if I caved and bought Carl outright. This is dumb.

I have been awake since 3 a.m., so I got some extra playing in. Still only have 12/15 glasses and 6/15 hats. Current cost to buy him is 540 gems, which I don't have because I got Kevin. If I bought gems to cover it, it would cost more than if I caved and bought Carl outright. This is dumb.
Yeah….feels like they should have let Carl become available just a little bit earlier. This is ridiculous

Yeah….feels like they should have let Carl become available just a little bit earlier. This is ridiculous
I hit the Carl roadblock nearly 3 full days before he became available. That was 3 days in this event where all I could do was collect EC and level up the other two characters (which I didn't want to do because I wanted to make sure I had enough EC to welcome Carl when the time arrived).

Now with a day left I have 15 glasses but still need 3 hats. And Kevin has been completely useless in collecting those hats (I've paid very close attention over the past three days and Kevin has literally dropped 0 ear hats... absurd).

I hit the Carl roadblock nearly 3 full days before he became available. That was 3 days in this event where all I could do was collect EC and level up the other two characters (which I didn't want to do because I wanted to make sure I had enough EC to welcome Carl when the time arrived).

Now with a day left I have 15 glasses but still need 3 hats. And Kevin has been completely useless in collecting those hats (I've paid very close attention over the past three days and Kevin has literally dropped 0 ear hats... absurd).
Yup…was making the same progress and in pretty much the same boat here

I have the opposite. I have all the hats, but need 3 more glasses and none have dropped so far today.

I also found Kevin entirely useless and didn't drop any ear hats that I recall. Someone on reddit mentioned doing a timer skip on Kevin's tasks and getting 3 hats in 5 tries. I have over 1,000 of the skips since I find them mostly pointless, so gave it a try, and got the last 2 ear hats I needed out of 3 attempts. I would think it wouldn't actually change the odds of drops, but it worked for me I guess. Might be worth a try if you have a bunch of the timer skips. I can't imagine a scenario I would otherwise bother using them until this scenario repeats itself in the last day of the next timed event.

My games apparently diverged in a woods last night.

In Windows, I was missing 6 tokens. I got 5 of them, including 4 hats in the first drop. Got the last pair of glasses, in the next cycle, Carl is now off doing his task and I got the Ear Hat already to level him to 2.

IOS, I was missing 7 tokens... so far today nada, zero, zilch.

Of course whatever positive feeling I had over getting Carl in my Windows game was snatched away when I realized that when we go to my Dad's next week, that will be the first time I will having to manage all this new stuff while at WDW. The daily reset is 11AM in FL. So I have to shift my process to run one parade at night, one first thing in the morning to get the 2 parades in. Over Christmas, there was some event, and I remember DH rolling his eyes at me, because I whipped out my laptop at baggage claim because a new character's tokens became available when we were in the air. We fly on Thursday, so it will be the start of a new week (who's brilliant idea was that!) and land at 10:40. So baggage claim gaming it is. I can't think of another game that punishes you for actually doing the thing that the game is simulating. Although, I probably still won't complete very many weeklies because we'll be at Universal hotels for 2 nights / 3 days and I don't bring my laptop there.

Yep, I had hit the time wall with Carl and had a chance to collect everything for Kevin & Russell to assure that I didn't have any conflicts when I started collecting for Carl. And I am still not going to make it.

I also found Kevin entirely useless and didn't drop any ear hats that I recall. Someone on reddit mentioned doing a timer skip on Kevin's tasks and getting 3 hats in 5 tries. I have over 1,000 of the skips since I find them mostly pointless, so gave it a try, and got the last 2 ear hats I needed out of 3 attempts. I would think it wouldn't actually change the odds of drops, but it worked for me I guess. Might be worth a try if you have a bunch of the timer skips. I can't imagine a scenario I would otherwise bother using them until this scenario repeats itself in the last day of the next timed event.
Didn’t work here. 25 attempts, 1 hat. Still need 2 more. It would cost me 150 gems to get him at this point. Would leave me with about 30 left if I do it, so anything else that comes up would be out the window. Just…..Gah. This has ceased to be fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter