• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Technically, these are Marvel characters - Big Hero 6 was a Marvel comic that started in 1998. Disney Animation was told to make a Marvel movie once the acquisition was finalized, and they chose BH6, moving it it from Japan to America and changing everyone from being Japanese to other ethnicities. I wouldn't be surprised if this is also the developers testing the waters to see how Marvel characters are accepted, though Disney does seem to keep most of their brands separate (accept for Disney Animation and Pixar for some reason)

Thanks for this info. At least it helps me understand the "San Fransokyo" location. I agree with the posters who said it doesn't "feel like a Disney movie" since that was of my family's first comments after seeing it. I actually like the movie, though, and I like Baymax, so I'm ok with this addition to the game (not that the interns care one bit about what I think).

Some of y'all weird with this Disney Gatekeeper stuff. You get that Snow White, Cinderella, The Jungle Book, Peter Pan and numerous other properties you view as intrinsically Disney... arent, right? Its funny watching you debate where the line of Disney/Non-Disney is.

Thanks for this info. At least it helps me understand the "San Fransokyo" location. I agree with the posters who said it doesn't "feel like a Disney movie" since that was of my family's first comments after seeing it. I actually like the movie, though, and I like Baymax, so I'm ok with this addition to the game (not that the interns care one bit about what I think).

I also like Baymax very much. As I live in Florida, Disney World will not have any Marvel Super Heros any time soon as Universal had a contract with Marvel before they were purchased by Disney, but there is to be a Marvel area at Disneyland. I am not sure if areas are planned at other Disney parks. I grew up with the old Disney cartoons and watched them build Disney World, but I will always be open to new animations.

Trust me, you're not alone. Another of those films that I still have a hard time digesting that it was Disney. Seemed more like a "Mars Needs Moms" movie. But the film was bland and the characters were all pretty forgettable. With other classics not yet added, why resort to this schlock?

I’ve never seen it. Guess I won’t be spending any gems on this event though.

Really not happy with the choice of Big Hero 6. I didn’t even know it was a Disney movie when I heard about it.

I loved Big Hero 6 and am enjoying the new TV show - I think it could be a fun event (though and pretty depleted on gems)

One of the main villains on the TV show is Globby so that might be what one of the characters is “stuck” in

I could see a nanobot tapper

Also one of the main songs from the movie soundtrack is the song used in the Paint the Night parade

Some of y'all weird with this Disney Gatekeeper stuff. You get that Snow White, Cinderella, The Jungle Book, Peter Pan and numerous other properties you view as intrinsically Disney... arent, right? Its funny watching you debate where the line of Disney/Non-Disney is.

Though I would argue that for those IP you cite Disney has made what is recognized as the “official” version or that nowadays people associate them with Disney

Unlike something like Hercules, Robin Hood, Pocahontas, etc which have tons of forms and is one reason they are not used in the parks more

I cite the exactly BECAUSE they dont belong to Disney yet have been made so ubiquitous to it when they are not their creation and Disney fans have no issue embracing them. You have to wonder if the internet existed at the time, would there have been a legion of gatekeepers complaining about Mary Poppins not being Disney enough, buying the rights to some lady's book series to make into a movie. Unacceptable.

I know nothing about Big Hero 6 so I’ll be sitting this one out as best I can. I’m focused on welcoming Aurora.

Really not happy with the choice of Big Hero 6. I didn’t even know it was a Disney movie when I heard about it.
I’ve never seen it. Guess I won’t be spending any gems on this event though.
I know nothing about Big Hero 6 so I’ll be sitting this one out as best I can. I’m focused on welcoming Aurora.
Shhhh. Don't let @hopemax hear you. We're not allowed to have opinions that differ from the majority. Or more likely from hers, I guess.

I cite the exactly BECAUSE they dont belong to Disney yet have been made so ubiquitous to it when they are not their creation and Disney fans have no issue embracing them. You have to wonder if the internet existed at the time, would there have been a legion of gatekeepers complaining about Mary Poppins not being Disney enough, buying the rights to some lady's book series to make into a movie. Unacceptable.
For me, it's less about the character rights and more about the film. Mary Poppins felt like the live actions films of the 60's. Meet the Robinsons and Big Hero 6 didn't strike me as Disney films.

Last edited:
Shhhh. Don't let @hopemax hear you. We're not allowed to have opinions that differ from the majority. Or more likely from hers, I guess.

Excuse me, you were the one who made the pronouncement, seemingly for all, by declaring it schlock. All I did was point out the audience for DMK is a lot bigger than just you. I never shared MY opinion on the addition at all.

I'm am positive that once you Welcome Celia or Roz you will see more quests (whoever is listed highest on the quest list). But until then you will be stuck. The storyline jumps around. I think you are in a Monsters, Inc. section. Once you finish that, then it might send you back to Toy Story tasks...or it might send you to Mickey & Friends tasks. The problem is, the game only tells you what unlocks that square, it doesn't tell you have to finish before you get to the point where you have tasks to unlock that square.

Are you familiar with the DMK Wiki? This page shows the squares that make up each land and what quest opens them. http://disneymagickingdomswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Expand_the_Kingdom In Tomorrowland, there are only 4 squares that the Main Storyline unlocks. I'm not sure which ones you've already opened, other than clearing the Curse around Space Mountain. If you are trying to unlock any of the optional areas, those unlock, WAY, WAY later in the game. After you clear your way to the portal between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, you will battle Zurg and that leads to the Fantasyland section. But you have to finish Welcoming the necessary characters first.

Yes I have completed the Monster’s inc tasks and then it went back to Toy Story very briefly. I have battled Zuri once with Buzz alone so I must be making progress. I will definitely check out wiki. THANK YOU!

I would totally agree with the above. Personally I am close to finishing Jungle Book but have been helping my grand daughter who is currently at this same spot in the game as you. It seemed to take forever to finally fight Zurg. She is now gathering parts for welcoming Minnie, which came right after the Zurg fight. Again, my advice just keep following the story line quests and it will open up soon.

Thank you. My quests continue

I don't watch the TV shows, so I'm not thrilled when they add in characters that weren't in the original movies. I guess we all have issues.

Meet the Robinsons was a great movie! Music was good too! Can't say much about Big Hero 6, it was okay but not even Meet the Robinsons good.

Trust me, you're not alone. Another of those films that I still have a hard time digesting that it was Disney. Seemed more like a "Mars Needs Moms" movie. But the film was bland and the characters were all pretty forgettable. With other classics not yet added, why resort to this schlock?
Awwww...really? Granted, Big Hero 6 doesn't have the traditional Disney "vibe", but come on!?! That movie was so touching at the end. There is no way you watched it without some Kleenex! !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter