Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

They're doing the same thing as what they did with New York/Marvel where you stay includes exclusive character encounters. Art of Marvel's prices haven't really gone back down to what they were before yet
Oh, darn. And I suppose having stayed at NY Hotel before it was Marvel doesn't couldn't for my list anymore, lol

That is very steep.
It's a lot, but hotel prices generally have been going up, especially at prime resorts in vacation destinations. For comparison purposes, the Grand Floridian starts just north of $800/night all-in for the cheapest room/season. We are going to a Marriott Vacation Club resort in Aruba next May, which is shoulder season there. The timeshare resort doesn't have any rooms for rent at that time, but the Ritz-Carlton nearby starts at $720 all-in.

It's a lot, but hotel prices generally have been going up, especially at prime resorts in vacation destinations. For comparison purposes, the Grand Floridian starts just north of $800/night all-in for the cheapest room/season. We are going to a Marriott Vacation Club resort in Aruba next May, which is shoulder season there. The timeshare resort doesn't have any rooms for rent at that time, but the Ritz-Carlton nearby starts at $720 all-in.
Definitely true that hotel prices are going up. But for the European audience this might be too much. It is basically double of what it was before the closure. It was 800 euro for high season back then.

They will find people who can pay this and are willing to pay this, but are there enough people?

Disneyland Paris hotels are much simpler and rooms are smaller than in the US as over here we do not spend time in hotels when we are on vacation. We spend time outside the hotel, so a basic room is what a lot of people need. So will they see all the bells and whistles the new hotel has to offer, just for them, or will the average DLP guest see 'I need a place to sleep. Why am I paying a 1000 euro for a bed?'

Last edited:
Also 8 channels likely on the chopping block to be dissolved and have content incorporated into either existing channel lineup or moved to streaming services:

• Baby TV
  • Disney Junior
  • Disney XD
  • Freeform
  • FXM
  • FXX
  • Nat Geo Wild
  • Nat Geo Mundo
So Disney got more money, is providing less channels, AND gets to artificially boost both ESPN and Disney+ numbers? Lol Charter got fleeced. Kudos to whoever worked that deal at Disney.

over here we do not spend time in hotels when we are on vacation.
I'm not sure why that would be different at the Grand Floridian or Marriott's Aruba Surf Club. I am not flying to Aruba to sit in the condo for a week.

And yes I have been to various other places in the world, and am aware that hotel rooms in, say, France tend to be smaller than those in the US*. They don't tend to be cheaper though.

--------
*: This is much less true in urban locations. I have been in some broom closets in NYC that make some Parisian hotel rooms look palatial by comparison.

Before closure the character buffet in the Disneyland Hotel in Inventions was 70 euro per adult. It will be 100 euro after reopening.

At the moment the character buffet in Plaza Gardens is 80 euro per adult and the princess lunch/dinner at the Auberge is 95 euro per adult. But capacity is a lot lower here.

Definitely true that hotel prices are going up. But for the European audience this might be too much. It is basically double of what it was before the closure. It was 800 euro for high season back then.

They will find people who can pay this and are willing to pay this, but are there enough people?

Disneyland Paris hotels are much simpler and rooms are smaller than in the US as over here we do not spend time in hotels when we are on vacation. We spend time outside the hotel, so a basic room is what a lot of people need. So will they see all the bells and whistles the new hotel has to offer, just for them, or will the average DLP guest see 'I need a place to sleep. Why am I paying a 1000 euro for a bed?'
Time will tell if they get enough people to pay the premium. I hope you're right and they do not fill up, meaning they would need to adjust pricing.

I'm not sure why that would be different at the Grand Floridian or Marriott's Aruba Surf Club. I am not flying to Aruba to sit in the condo for a week.

And yes I have been to various other places in the world, and am aware that hotels in, say, France tend to be smaller than those in the US. They don't tend to be cheaper though.
I meant in amenities. Doing a split stay, or just visiting hotels is not a thing here, because the only big difference is the decoration in the lobby.

In Florida there are people who just go to a Disney Hotel without going to the parks, because there is plenty to do at the resort. That's something you won't see here.

Setting aside DVC, which is a different beast because of the long-term commitment, I am not sure how many people are going to pay Disney's premium for more than a day or two when there are perfectly lovely resorts all over Orlando that are much nicer and much less expensive. I am sure there are some, but they have to be the exception and/or the hardest of hard core Disney fans.

Setting aside DVC, which is a different beast because of the long-term commitment, I am not sure how many people are going to pay Disney's premium for more than a day or two when there are perfectly lovely resorts all over Orlando that are much nicer and much less expensive. I am sure there are some, but they have to be the exception and/or the hardest of hard core Disney fans.
You mean paying for staying at a Disney resort without visiting the parks, right? I agree with that. Sometimes folks have a day or two in a week-long stay where maybe they do resort-only stuff or Disney Springs, but most days are likely park days (with the exception of DVC, like you mentioned).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter