Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

So Disney got more money, is providing less channels, AND gets to artificially boost both ESPN and Disney+ numbers? Lol Charter got fleeced. Kudos to whoever worked that deal at Disney.
I fear that the good folks working for those networks days are numbered at TWDC. I recall Iger mentioning something to the effect that these linear networks are no longer "core" to TWDC or something to that effect.

I just hate to see it when people lose their jobs and I fear that's what the ultimate result. Sad.

Disney Eats: What’s Cooking at River Belle Terrace, Cafe Orleans, and Carnation Café

Get ready to bring your appetite on your next foodie adventure at Disneyland Resort, because Disneyland park is rolling out an array of new eats and sips you and your taste buds are going to love. Starting today, Sept. 12, River Belle Terrace, Cafe Orleans, and Carnation Café will be serving up new and returning favorite bites, as well as some non-alcoholic and alcoholic specialty beverage additions. As these can’t-miss spots are table-service locations, reservations are recommended to enjoy everything.

From sweet to savory, and all the sips in between, let’s jump into our latest edition of What’s Cooking to see what the culinary teams have put together for us foodies!

We’ll start things off over at River Belle Terrace. This fan-favorite spot nestled in the heart of Frontierland is known for its riverfront views and, of course, its delicious Southern-inspired cuisine. For brunch and dinner, you’ll be mesmerized by flavor with plenty of comfort food classics. As some soon-to-be favorites join this tasty lineup today, like the Chicken Pot Pie Soup and the BBQ Burnt Ends Pasta, you’ll still be able to savor returning plates like the Biscuits and Gravy and the Country Cuban Sandwich. You’ll also be able to sip on some of the newest beverages, including select wines, beer, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. See a full listing of the items coming to River Belle Terrace below!

River Belle Terrace collage of food items

Food Items:

• Warm Bacon & Spinach Salad: Bacon vinaigrette, heirloom cherry tomatoes, and cheese curds (New) (Available for brunch only)
  • American Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, apple wood smoked bacon, breakfast sausage, house fries, and a biscuit (New) (Available for brunch only)
  • Signature Pancakes: Pumpkin-spiced pancakes for the fall season (New) (Available for brunch only)
  • River Belle Short Stack: Short stack pancakes, maple syrup, and berry compote with a side of bacon or sausage (Available for brunch only)
  • Biscuits and Gravy: Pork belly, country chicken gravy, and a house-baked biscuit (Available for brunch only)
  • Roasted Summer Squash: Heirloom tomato sauce, heritage grains succotash, greens, and tofu (New) (Available for brunch and dinner)
  • Chicken Pot Pie Soup: Chicken, carrots, celery, and onion (New)(Available for dinner only)
  • Pork Chop: Buttery mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, and bourbon-apple sauce (New) (Available for dinner only)
  • Blackened Sustainable Fish with tartar sauce and pickled vegetables served with house fries (New) (Available for dinner only)
River Belle Terrace, collage of menu items

• BBQ Brisket Burnt Ends Pasta: Pappardelle pasta, caramelized onions, and wild mushroom (New) (Available for dinner only)
  • Pimento Cheese Loaded House Fries with BBQ brisket burnt ends, fried cherry peppers, and bread and butter pickles (Available for brunch and dinner)
  • Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich with fried cherry peppers, slaw, and BBQ aïoli served with house fries (Available for brunch and dinner)
  • Burnt Ends Grilled Cheese: BBQ brisket and pickled pepper relish served with house fries (Available for brunch only)
  • Country Cuban Sandwich: Pulled pork, country ham, and dill pickle served with house fries (Available for brunch only)
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie (New) (Available for dinner only)
  • Plant-based Ice Cream (New) (Seasonal topping available upon request) (Available for dinner only)
Beverages:

• Mississippi Mud Pie: Sprite, chocolate fudge syrup, and cream topped with
  • whipped cream and crumbled chocolate cream cookies (Non-alcoholic) (New)
  • Wildberry Mule: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, blackberry purée, lime, and ginger syrup and blackberries (New)
  • Nielson Wines Chardonnay (New)
  • Meiomi Wines Pinot Noir (New)
  • Modelo Especial Mexican Lager (New)
  • Smog City Brewing’s Sabre-Toothed Squirrel Hoppy American Amber Ale (New)
Wow! What a lineup of tasty new delights. Next up, let’s venture over to Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square. Here you’ll get some flavors with a French Quarter flair that you won’t want to miss. This spot is also getting some new bites and sips you simply must try on your next outing to Disneyland park. The Potato & Sausage Soup and plant-based Vanilla Crème Brûlée with Palmier will still be available through Nov. 9, so don’t worry! But, in addition to these tasty delights, Cafe Orleans will now have the new, non-alcoholic Bayou Punch, as well as some beverages for those age 21 or older, like the House Hurricane and Chardonnay, to name a few. Check out all the bites and sips now available at this Disneyland park classic.

Cafe Orleans, collage of menu items

Food Items (Available through Nov. 9):

• Potato & Sausage Soup: Marbled potatoes, caramelized leeks, and Grana Padano cheese
  • Vanilla Crème Brûlée with Palmier and fresh berries (Plant-based)
  • Haunted Mansion Candle and Heart Dessert: Vanilla chip mousse on a pecan pie cookie with mixed berry compote
Beverages:

• Bayou Punch: Minute Maid Lemonade Zero Sugar, orange juice, strawberry purée, blueberry syrup, and an alligator-shaped gummy (Non-alcoholic) (New)
  • Mint Julep
  • House Hurricane: Pimm’s No. 1 Liqueur, Bacardi Superior Rum, orange juice, strawberry purée, sweet and sour mix, simple syrup, and orange garnish (New)
  • McBride Sisters Chardonnay (New)
  • Mirassou Wines Pinot Noir (New)
  • Karl Strauss Brewing Company Follow the Sun Blonde Ale (New)
  • Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Hazy Little Thing IPA (New)
Last, but certainly not least, Carnation Café is a classic, and for good reason. This spot features classic American comfort food dishes as well as some of Walt’s favorites! You can stop by Main Street, U.S.A., for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to delight in the many can’t-miss items on this delicious menu, including the brand-new Walt’s Chili-Cheese Omelet. And like the other two previously mentioned locations, Carnation Café has also added a few adult beverages to the menu for you to try, including mimosas and a Peach Pie Margarita. Uncover all the items joining today below!

Food Items:

• Veggie Skillet: Three-cheese eggs, breakfast potatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers, and spinach topped with cheese and fresh tomato garnish (New) (Available through Nov. 9)
  • Walt’s Chili-Cheese Omelet: Cheese omelet topped with chili, cheese, and chives served with breakfast potatoes (New) (Available through Nov. 9) (Available for breakfast only)
  • Brownie with Chocolate Sauce (Plant-based)
Beverages:

• Orange Creamsicle: Sprite, candied orange syrup, and cream topped with a candied orange slice (Non-alcoholic) (New)
  • Lavender Mimosa: Chandon California Sparkling Wine and lavender syrup (New) (Available during breakfast only)
  • Orange Juice Mimosa: Chandon California Sparkling Wine and orange juice (New) (Available during breakfast only)
  • Bloody Mary: Tito’s Homemade Vodka and Cutwater Bloody Mary Mix with a bacon and celery garnish (New) (Available during breakfast only)
  • Peach Pie Margarita: Patron Tequila Silver, peach purée, sweet and sour mix, lime juice, and lime garnish (New)
  • Chandon California Sparkling Wine (New) (Available during breakfast only)
  • Fess Parker Winery Chardonnay (New)
  • Silver Palm Wines Cabernet Sauvignon (New)
  • Michelob ULTRA Light Lager (New)
  • Golden Road Brewing Ride On 10 Hop Hazy IPA (New)
So many tasty additions for Disneyland park! Be sure to check out these new bites and sips on your next outing. There’s no limit to the foodie adventures to be had at Disney Parks – so bring your appetite!

You mean paying for staying at a Disney resort without visiting the parks, right?
Yes. It was in response to this claim:
In Florida there are people who just go to a Disney Hotel without going to the parks, because there is plenty to do at the resort.

I don't want to go to Hong Kong but I want to go to Hong Kong Disney :rotfl:
I've only been to HK once, and did not make it to HKDL, but it was a wonderful place to visit. I think of Singapore as "Asia Light" for westerners. Hong Kong is also very accessible---not surprising given its long history as a British colony---but also has some things most westerners would find unusual. This open-air meat vendor in a street market, for example.

IMG_4866.jpeg

10 Disney Treasure Secrets Disney Parks Fans Will Love
  1. At Disneyland Resort, a variety of flora and fauna sprouting around Jungle Cruise gives guests the sense that they are sailing in waterways around the globe. In honor of the original attraction, the plants throughout the Skipper Society on the Disney Treasure will be the same foliage species thriving in Disneyland.
  2. You may notice the vintage-style luggage stacked neatly behind the bar at Skipper Society featured in the artist rendering of the venue. Each suitcase will be plastered with travel stickers that represent locations depicted inside the Jungle Cruise attraction – including the backside of water!
  3. It’s hard to forget the iconic green and red architecture of the attraction building in Magic Kingdom Park in Walt Disney World Resort, which announces to all who see it that they are steps away from a hilarious adventure onboard the Jungle Cruise! As it happens, the green and red tones depicted on the walls of Skipper Society will be exact color matches to the Jungle Cruise attraction marquee at Magic Kingdom.
  4. While sipping cocktails or sampling tasty morsels at Skipper Society, future Disney Treasure guests will hear familiar music playing in the venue, including spiels from the Jungle Cruise attractions around the world! That means you’ll hear Skipper voices from across the globe and in various languages such as English, Dutch, French, Cantonese, and more.
  5. Skipper Society will have a jungle boat name of its own! Imagineers will dub the vessel housing the bar “Ems Empress” after the Ems River where the Disney Treasure will make her first voyage to sea. An “Ems Empress” sign will hang proudly inside the venue when the Disney Treasure sets sail in December 2024.
  6. Throughout the Periscope Pub, guests will discover various artifacts, drawings and books used by Captain Nemo and his brave crew during undersea explorations on the Nautilus
  7. Only eagle-eyed fans will spot the hidden numbers located behind the bar in Periscope Pub! Disney Imagineers will include numbers on the large submarine pressure gauge decorating the back bar of the venue. These numbers honor the geographical coordinates of Meyer Werft shipyard where the Disney Treasure was built, and the official hull numbers of each ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet.
  8. The Periscope Pub will offer a delicious menu of light bites, undersea-inspired drinks and craft brews, including three exclusive tap beers that will be uniquely themed to the “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” film and celebrated theme park attraction.
  9. Beloved by generations of Disney Parks goers, Figment is the adorable purple dragon who first debuted at the Journey Into Imagination attraction at EPCOT at Walt Disney World. In the Tomorrow Tower Suite, guests will encounter Figment posing in various hiding places.
  10. Imagineers will place a special sculpture at the base of the Tomorrow Tower Suite’s spiral staircase that honors the iconic EPCOT landmark, Spaceship Earth. The sculpture will bring the spirit of EPCOT to life when guests enter the suite through music and lighting effects.

Disney Live Entertainment is seeking performers to portray multiple characters from Pixar’s Turning Red including Miriam, Abby, Priya, Jin Lee, and all five 4*Town band members "for upcoming special events at Disneyland Resort," according to casting notices posted earlier today.

View attachment 793306

Scott Gustin
It's odd to me how much of a push this movie gets from Disney. We were on a cruise a few months ago and there was a large section of the merch dedicated to Turning Red. Now there's this meet and greet that is casting several roles. I don't know anyone that has actually seen it, which granted is just anecdotal, but still I don't see anyone discussing this movie anymore. When it first came out it was just the normal "ConTrOvErSy" that comes with any feminine driven Disney movie as of late, but no other real discussion about whether it was good/bad/memorable.

It's odd to me how much of a push this movie gets from Disney. We were on a cruise a few months ago and there was a large section of the merch dedicated to Turning Red. Now there's this meet and greet that is casting several roles. I don't know anyone that has actually seen it, which granted is just anecdotal, but still I don't see anyone discussing this movie anymore. When it first came out it was just the normal "ConTrOvErSy" that comes with any feminine driven Disney movie as of late, but no other real discussion about whether it was good/bad/memorable.
My daughter is obsessed with this movie. She watched it over and over. It was pretty popular among a segment of kids.

I saw it and liked it a lot on a first viewing but upon a second viewing I enjoyed it less. I think the hate it received when it first came out was very unwarranted but I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking it was just meh. I do see a lot of merch for it at the parks though.

Agree with pp that the controversy part was ridiculous. That said I didn’t enjoy this one, however I think it has more to do with being outside the target audience for me than there being anything substantially wrong with it.

It could be for a Disneyland After Dark special event for next year that might be themed for Pixar or something.

I saw it and liked it a lot on a first viewing but upon a second viewing I enjoyed it less. I think the hate it received when it first came out was very unwarranted but I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking it was just meh. I do see a lot of merch for it at the parks though.

I wouldn't necessarily call it one of Pixar's best, but I might call it their funniest. Of cours,e part of comedy is the unexpected, so once you've seen it I can see rewatchability diminishing a bit. I did like it though and am glad it's getting more recognition.

Maybe also to keep in mind, when it comes to Pixar... their last three hits were Coco, Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4 (2017-2019). Of course the movies after had pandemic issues, but also were all very middle of the road. They have to push something recent.

And Turning Red makes the most sense as it is 'easy' to translate into something that can be performed as they are all human.

Onward and Soul don't really have something that I would put on a stage to attract a crowd. I can see Onward in a parade or M&G, but Soul not really.

Luca I can see being popular, but the characters are most interesting and recognizable in their fish form, which is harder to put into a costume that works for an actor.

Lightyear probably contradicts too much with the Toy Story brand.

Elemental probably has the issue that what you can do on film with elements will not translate well to real life.

So, that leaves us with: Turning Red.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter