Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are only waiting until 3:00. Traditionally, Trader Sams takes your phone # and sends you a text when the table is ready. So people shouldn't be out there after they get on the test back list at 3. They will go elsewhere around the resort. However, I am really glad we are there for a week in September and I can just put my name in and go to my room. I would be really upset if they went to a reservation system and i had to get up at 6 am to fight for ADRs at my own hotel.

Oh no. Not 6am.
If you wake up at 6am to try to reserve a same day spot at a bar you deserve a free drink :rotfl2:

I know traditionally they do the text back list, but even with that I usually encounter quite a bit of a waiting line of people in the hall. There's clearly no perfect solution to Trader Sam's. It's just too fun and not enough of a secret (not supposed to be a secret, but you get the idea). But one can dream.

Someone staying there should pull the fire alarm right about now....watch the flurry of vloggers lose their collective minds.

Oh I'm positive there is a huge degree of pent up demand right now. I'm also sure tonight's wait will be far worse than it is right now in the afternoon.

The low capacity at Trader Sam's here is just always such an issue that it is a shame there isn't a better solution. Maybe we just need to clone Trader Sam's :)
I'm pretty sure I remember having a text queue that sort of worked like a virtual queue. A few times I got to Trader Sam's well before they opened and ~ an hour before opening the small line that formed was allowed to put our names on a list and got a text when they opened so we didn't have to wait around.

I agree that a virtual queue may artificially increase demand as there is no sacrifice if you don't have to stand in line. If guests are willing to wait hours in line, then you know they are probably fans and at least deserve to get entry instead of just having fast fingers on their phone. It's not a perfect system, but it works ... TWO SHOTS OF RUM!
So what I’m hearing is we need a second Trader Sam’s and more rum? I approve of these solutions 👍🏻

Oh no. Not 6am.
If you wake up at 6am to try to reserve a same day spot at a bar you deserve a free drink :rotfl2:

I know traditionally they do the text back list, but even with that I usually encounter quite a bit of a waiting line of people in the hall. There's clearly no perfect solution to Trader Sam's. It's just too fun and not enough of a secret (not supposed to be a secret, but you get the idea). But one can dream.

My fiancé is bit of a tiki fanatic so we probably WOULD get up at 6 am to get a reservation at the bar for later in the day. But I would be in line in my tiki pajamas for sure... :)

But, there were rumors in the past couple weeks that Trader Sam's was going to go the Oga's Cantina reservation route. Which would mean getting up at 6 am and fighting for ADRs 60 days in advance on that utterly terrible app/website. That is what I did not want to see happen... and thankful that it didn't.

Cool,

But if we can list the time now then the point of the cavalcade isn't preventing a waiting crowd pile up anymore so....

Can we get Festival of Fantasy back? Please?

There you go using logic again. On the bright side, maybe the crowds gathering waiting for calvalcades will draw people from the rides. But yeah, there goes the excuse that it prevents people from crowding in waiting for whatever it is that's going to happen.

Someone staying there should pull the fire alarm right about now....watch the flurry of vloggers lose their collective minds.
I know you’re joking, but it is a first degree misdemeanor in Florida. Best case scenario you get banned from Disney for life. Worst case, you go to jail for a year.

ETA: I am not a lawyer, I just play one on the Internet.

What’s this? Something not being held until Oct 1??

giphy.gif

they need the performers back first

I heard (but don’t know for sure) that a lot of entertainment CMs are back, but are in different roles on property. They can’t be transferred back into their entertainment roles until the roles they’re currently in are filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter