Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To divert attention on this slow news week, does anyone know of any charities that take used Disney princess dresses? They're all from Disney so they've held up pretty well over the years (especially the Deluxe Aurora) and I hate the idea of just dropping them off at a goodwill.
Talk to teachers at a local school, they will probably know which children will come from less privileged families.
Or look into organizations that handles emergency housing etc. for people who left abusive spouses. If they have left, they often have nothing besides some clothes. So also no toys (I count dress up clothes as toys) for their children. It's still goodwill, but you can direct it a little bit more that it will get a good home after yours.

Talk to teachers at a local school, they will probably know which children will come from less privileged families.
Or look into organizations that handles emergency housing etc. for people who left abusive spouses. If they have left, they often have nothing besides some clothes. So also no toys (I count dress up clothes as toys) for their children. It's still goodwill, but you can direct it a little bit more that it will get a good home after yours.

That's a great idea, and I'm sure they'd be well received.

Just called and they can take the ones she hasn't worn but due to many of the kids being immunocompromised the others are a no go... I might just send them some straight from the Disney store since shipping would probably cost similar during a sale. But that doesn't solve my full guest closet problem, I'll have to keep looking.

Too bad that didn’t work out, I do understand why. Have you thought about selling the dresses (eBay, Facebook market place…) then donate the money to a charity of your choice? Any children or Young actors Theatre groups in your town? Good luck, I agree with you, don’t send the dresses to Goodwill.

Last edited:
I'll have to keep looking.
As a teacher in a school with many less privileged kids, I think both of these ideas are wonderful. I would probably talk to the social worker at a nearby school- they could maybe distribute them to families in need or may know of a shelter/organization that could use them instead. Pixie dust for the families for sure!

Too bad that didn’t work out, I do understand why. Have you thought about selling the dresses (eBay, Facebook market place…) then donate the money to a charity of your choice? Any children or Young actors Theatre groups in your town? Good luck, I agree with you, don’t send the dresses to Goodwill.
As a teacher in a school with many less privileged kids, I think both of these ideas are wonderful. I would probably talk to the social worker at a nearby school- they could maybe distribute them to families in need or may know of a shelter/organization that could use them instead. Pixie dust for the families for sure!
This is a really great idea, I'll talk to some of the districts around here. I just want to know it's going to an actual kid who could use it, not a collector or a reseller.

Looks nice but I worry about viewing angles. The best part of Illuminations was that it didn't matter where you watched it from. Unless I'm mistaken that center "screen" has a front and back setup such that anyone viewing from the sides (majority of WS) won't have a clear view.
This crossed my mind also. I'm very excited to see Harmonious!!

This is a really great idea, I'll talk to some of the districts around here. I just want to know it's going to an actual kid who could use it, not a collector or a reseller.
I absolutely understand that. Social worker at the school should have a pretty good idea of which families need extra help. For example, at our school we have weekly backpacks of food sent home with some families, or holiday "wish lists" where the school partners with community organizations to help families. The social worker coordinates all that.

Basically festivals are bad news at Disney 😂 (jk jk).

opening of flower and garden was when the world shut down in 2020... now with opening of food and wine 2021 we’re looking at some pivotal news 😞

I remember thinking the lines were SO short back in FG 2020 because I don’t watch the news and has no idea everything was changing and then thinking the same thing Friday when I was at Epcot.

but for real y’all, waiting on the news because I want beignets come October when POR will open (and I’m question everything wondering what might get changed/rolled back now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter