Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we don’t get to pick the times for LL and the IAS?

For IAS:

“Also, you can only pay for 2 of these rides per day. As long as you have a Park Hopper ticket, you don’t have to reserve the 2 rides in the same park. Once you make your reservation, you will be given a return time with a 1-hour window to get on the ride.

For G+:

“Enjoy the Magic You Want with Less Wait – Save time waiting in line by purchasing Disney Genie+ service! This new service, at more than 40 attractions and experiences throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks, lets you select the next available arrival window for the new Lightning Lane entrances. You can make one selection at a time throughout the day—from classics like Haunted Mansion and thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (experiences subject to limited availability). With Disney Genie+, you can select Lightning Lane arrival windows across multiple theme parks for those who have the Park Hopper option.”

For IAS:

“Also, you can only pay for 2 of these rides per day. As long as you have a Park Hopper ticket, you don’t have to reserve the 2 rides in the same park. Once you make your reservation, you will be given a return time with a 1-hour window to get on the ride.

For G+:

“Enjoy the Magic You Want with Less Wait – Save time waiting in line by purchasing Disney Genie+ service! This new service, at more than 40 attractions and experiences throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks, lets you select the next available arrival window for the new Lightning Lane entrances. You can make one selection at a time throughout the day—from classics like Haunted Mansion and thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (experiences subject to limited availability). With Disney Genie+, you can select Lightning Lane arrival windows across multiple theme parks for those who have the Park Hopper option.”

Yeah looks to be like the old paper system where they just give you next available time for an attraction when you book it.

For IAS:

For G+:

Im not sure I hate this. Example with old FP people had to use throw aways, now that’s not really a thing, and if I’m in fantasyland and all the rides in fantasy land don’t have openings for 3 hours it forces me to either move or wait in lines, aka forces the crowds to spread out.

The Friday afternoon bad news drop.....we arrive at WDW on 10/17. I don't know if we will pay for Genie+ or not. We definitely won't pay for IAS, but I am concerned about all the bloggers/vloggers who will be there that may not otherwise have planned to go. Aughhh....I don't want to be a Genie-Pig!!!!!

Im not sure I hate this. Example with old FP people had to use throw aways, now that’s not really a thing, and if I’m in fantasyland and all the rides in fantasy land don’t have openings for 3 hours it forces me to either move or wait in lines, aka forces the crowds to spread out.

I don’t hate it either. We rarely used the old FP system due to having to run around with small kids. It was a pain. This is basically a virtual legacy FP system.

The Friday afternoon bad news drop.....we arrive at WDW on 10/17. I don't know if we will pay for Genie+ or not. We definitely won't pay for IAS, but I am concerned about all the bloggers/vloggers who will be there that may not otherwise have planned to go. Aughhh....I don't want to be a Genie-Pig!!!!!

My opinion, I would consider it for MK or if you are planning to park hop. Beyond that I don’t see the value in using it

For IAS:

For G+:

I wonder what happens if they give you a return time that conflicts with a dining reservation or something?

I mean, in an ideal world (from an IT perspective) Genie would know, for example, that your party has lunch at B&C at noon, so it wouldn’t give you an IAS reservation for RotR that conflicts with that, but we all know that Disney IT is not even close to ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter