Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I've been a voice of discontent lately...makes me sad...but I really don't see my family ever using this. $15/person for Genie + and then another $15 for Rise... and that's an extra $120 for a family of four at Hollywood Studios without even factoring in a IA$ for MMRR. It's just so frustrating when they had a system that was free and allowed you to pick a return time and modify the return time. And then they try to sell the new by making it seem like the customer asked for it.

Last edited:
I know I've been a voice of discontent lately...makes me sad...but I really don't see my family ever using this. $15/person for Genie + and then another $15 for Rise... and that's an extra $120 for a family of four at Hollywood Studios without even factoring in a IA$ for MMRR. It's just so frustrating when they had a system that was free and allowed you to pick a return time and modify the return time and then try to sell it by making it seem like the customer asked for it.

My kids would not even let me pay these prices for a ride-- $45 for RoTR for the three of us--- especially since we have already experienced it--- Um...no

I know I've been a voice of discontent lately...makes me sad...but I really don't see my family ever using this. $15/person for Genie + and then another $15 for Rise... and that's an extra $120 for a family of four at Hollywood Studios without even factoring in a IA$ for MMRR. It's just so frustrating when they had a system that was free and allowed you to pick a return time and modify the return time and then try to sell it by making it seem like the customer asked for it.

I really don't think you'd need it for MMRR. If you can do rope drop for it, you won't wait very long. I went in May and made the mistake of rope dropping MMRR, I should have gone to SDD because MMRR line moves pretty quickly.

Finally we have a date!
Honestly, I may pay for my family to ride ROTR on our HS day and just not pay for Genie+ that day. They have never been on the attraction and this way I can guarantee it. I wonder what the prices will be when we go in January (hoping for less).
I know I've been a voice of discontent lately...makes me sad...but I really don't see my family ever using this. $15/person for Genie + and then another $15 for Rise... and that's an extra $120 for a family of four at Hollywood Studios without even factoring in a IA$ for MMRR. It's just so frustrating when they had a system that was free and allowed you to pick a return time and modify the return time. And then they try to sell the new by making it seem like the customer asked for it.

Honestly I think they "paused" the virtual queue for ROTR to encourage people to purchase IA+ which just feels icky to my wallet.

Touring Plans just updated the crowd calendar for the rest of October through pre-Thanksgiving, and honestly, park guests may not need to buy Genie+. Our entire vacation (October 23rd thru November 2nd) all went down on the crowd calendar from 5's to 1 to 2's on weekdays and a 4 on weekends. I hope they are right about the crowds. I am going to pay attention to the reports that will definitely come out from places like TP and other blogs and may purchase Genie+ for one of my last days at MK on our trip if the crowds get too crazy.

I agree. Most of these rides are not worth paying extra for. I do solemnly swear that I will never pay per ride.

Same.. and for us, personally, it has nothing at all to do with "being able to afford it" or not (because you know we're going to read a lot of that now) -- its a matter of maximizing funds, IMO--- (For example--- I would rather have a really nice lunch at Satu'li, than spend that money on a 15-18 min ride) - YMMV- To be honest, I dont even want to tell my kids about this-- Not because they will plead with me to spend the money, but because, honestly, I dont want to ruin the love they have for WDW-
Honestly, maybe I am totally naive, but I never thought I would see this day. Sad.

I really don't think you'd need it for MMRR. If you can do rope drop for it, you won't wait very long. I went in May and made the mistake of rope dropping MMRR, I should have gone to SDD because MMRR line moves pretty quickly.
I've rope dropped MMRR a few times with success..though one time we still waited 90 minutes right at opening. I'm just annoyed that they're asking anyone to pay extra and at the amount they are asking.

Same.. and for us, personally, it has nothing at all to do with "being able to afford it" or not (because you know we're going to read a lot of that now) -- its a matter of maximizing funds, IMO--- (For example--- I would rather have a really nice lunch at Satu'li, than spend that money on a 15-18 min ride) - YMMV- To be honest, I dont even want to tell my kids about this-- Not because they will plead with me to spend the money, but because, honestly, I dont want to ruin the love they have for WDW-
Honestly, maybe I am totally naive, but I never thought I would see this day. Sad.
Totally understand. My teen who has grown up loving WDW saw the list of prices and thought it was ridiculous without me having said anything about it.

Yeah, I'm definitely not paying for the individual rides. My family of 6 isn't going to pay $90 to ride ROTR. There are so many things I could do with that money. Popcorn buckets, snacks, treats, a spirit jersey, spending the money at Universal to name a few.

Honestly I think they "paused" the virtual queue for ROTR to encourage people to purchase IA+ which just feels icky to my wallet.

The virtual queue was a gamble though - you could be prepped and hit the button on time and still not get a boarding group. As someone who doesn't go very frequently, I'd pay the extra $ to get to experience it at least once. Now would it do it continuously? Nope!

Will be trying this out on our November trip. Too early to say how many days we will be purchasing Genie+.

Can say right now that more than likely will be paying for Rise, as only have 1 HS day scheduled, and don't really want to lineup for multiple hours, but will see how the crowd reports are next month.

My kids would not even let me pay these prices for a ride-- $45 for RoTR for the three of us--- especially since we have already experienced it--- Um...no

The people paying it will be primarily those that don’t often go or go once ever, paired with the small percentage that pay for every convience possible. The vast majority will do the same as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter