• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn’t even look like fun space food who on earth is going to pay for that garbage if you want to be my guest however I really thought it was going to be a fun restaurant with fun unique food
I had my hubby pick from the three courses without knowing what the restaurant was. Then I asked him would he pay the price they are asking... NO.... even if it's the new Space 220 restaurant... Heck NO.
Maybe if we were on the dining plan we might, but those prices are crazy and the food is not that creative.

And Frozone?
And Joe Gardner from Soul…
And Miguel from Coco…
Also Edna Mode

All very good points. One could say that Tinkerbell is a fairy therefore "not human" but the rest...

Maybe they made a "no princesses" so no favorite princess would be ignored? I still think Anna/Elsa as sisters would have been a good fit just because of the impact that movie had. But Olaf is a favorite, too. sooooo....

All very good points. One could say that Tinkerbell is a fairy therefore "not human" but the rest...

Maybe they made a "no princesses" so no favorite princess would be ignored? I still think Anna/Elsa as sisters would have been a good fit just because of the impact that movie had. But Olaf is a favorite, too. sooooo....

It is a very interesting observation about the princesses, and I wonder if it is a specific marketing perception decision? There have been times where the perception about Disney World is it is dominated by princesses and where Universal is Marvel superheroes. Therefore the sweet spot for Disney is the 7 year old girl and the sweet spot for Universal was a 12 year old boy. I honestly find the notion a little silly, but I can see Walt Disney World making a concerted effort over the last few years to reposition itself (Tron, Avatar, Star Wars, GoG) as "more than just princesses." I don't think they are trying to divorce themselves from their strong princess IP collection, but maybe the thought is they don't need to focus on princesses as much. Shrug, just a theory.

What would be "fun space food"?

I think it should be more unique in the flavors department or at least presentation. I think some of the apps are on the right track, like the cauliflower wings, but the main courses and deserts are pretty basic looking.

Can we talk about this for a minute.....since this is being held inside the California Grill which means you can't dine at the CG...how long do we think this "party" will last??

I feel like I read that it’s just in certain parts of CG? I can’t remember where I saw that though

EDIT: Found it! DFB Article
YES!! I see that they mentioned that specifically here:

Guests will be welcomed to the private Sonoma and Napa Rooms at California Grill to have a selection of specialty drinks, sushi, and small plates that pay homage to the original menu from the resort’s opening in 1971!

PHEW!! But I wonder when they'll re-open their dining room to reservations??? It still shows that it's not open for dates after Oct. 2nd...

I think it should be more unique in the flavors department or at least presentation. I think some of the apps are on the right track, like the cauliflower wings, but the main courses and deserts are pretty basic looking.

As we have neither seen nor tasted the food, we can't really comment on how unique the flavors or presentations are or are not yet.

But I get what you are saying. The menu doesn't sound super interesting. Though I think had they gone avant-garde people would be mad that it's too weird for their picky husbands and kids. Like Skipper Canteen.

As we have neither seen nor tasted the food, we can't really comment on how unique the flavors or presentations are or are not yet.

But I get what you are saying. The menu doesn't sound super interesting. Though I think had they gone avant-garde people would be mad that it's too weird for their picky husbands and kids. Like Skipper Canteen.

No, that's true, but the pictures aren't all that inspiring.

That said, you're right. They tried a pretyt exotic menu at Skipper Canteen at first, only to have to pull back on that a little. There are just so many people that get afraid of unique food. Still, for my money, the menu seems underwhelming at it stands right now.

No, that's true, but the pictures aren't all that inspiring.

That said, you're right. They tried a pretyt exotic menu at Skipper Canteen at first, only to have to pull back on that a little. There are just so many people that get afraid of unique food. Still, for my money, the menu seems underwhelming at it stands right now.

Remember when they tried to make just the names of the dishes "space inspired" at Docking Bay 7 and the masses revolted? :rotfl2:

Remember when they tried to make just the names of the dishes "space inspired" at Docking Bay 7 and the masses revolted? :rotfl2:

I don't know if they so much revolted, but rather a bit too dim to understand it. That said, I get it, when someone's hungry, making getting food a production can be difficult. And an experiential palce liek Space220 though I think it could be acceptible, plus you have a waiter to help you. I mean, I do get it, I'm just a little disappointed to some extent.

DD got stuck on Rat Mon for 40 minutes. Did get a comp return this sat so happy. Sounds fun but not super high on her list, but a nice addition and loved the area.

They could have done statues of all the different princesses and had them in different spots around the castle? Or done a larger group one?

It doesn't really bother me as I'm not a big princess person, unless you're talking about Princess Leia, LOL! THAT'S who they should have had a Star Wars statue of over at HS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter