Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came here for this. Just to note: this is only a rumor, and the original source was SlashFilm, which isn't exactly reliable. Once it's confirmed by Variety or Hollywood Reporter, then it's pretty safe to assume it's happening.

Yeah, I was actually hesitant to post right away but I saw multiple outlets covering it ... But maybe just searching for news to post so they are easier to believe

Yeah, I was actually hesitant to post right away but I saw multiple outlets covering it ... But maybe just searching for news to post so they are easier to believe
I don't blame you! I would have posted it, but you beat me to it. I think we're all desperate for good news these days lol

Great news I think. I speculated after last season if we would see any familiar faces show up and wondered if Ahsoka would be one of them.

Onward on Disney Plus April 3! Hopefully beyond the US too.

View attachment 482304

It’s ok but nothing special. This is a good move by Disney. It wasn’t worth it for them to release it in the movie theatre whenever they reopen. Could get some subscribers to Disney plus. With production being shutdown on shows and movies Disney plus will be hurting for new content.
maybe Disney will do like they did with diary of a future president buy it from another place. They are going to need content
I’m in for life probably like a lot of us here but most people are not. They are going to have to step it up. With frozen2 and onward they are doing that a little bit.

Great news I think. I speculated after last season if we would see any familiar faces show up and wondered if Ahsoka would be one of them.
Will be weird to have a different voice to Ahsoka though .. but I am glad Dave Filoni is able to keep such a great character active in the Star Wars universe through all the different shows.

I'll believe the Ahsoka in Mando 2 when it's confirmed.

Seems a bit too good to be true.

There was a big social media push a year or so ago for Rosario Dawson to play Ahsoka...the odds of a fan pushed casting choice actually happening just seems crazy.

I'm very happy if it's true but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I like the Ahsoka news but I do wonder why not Ashley Eckstein? With the amount of make-up/CG enhancement they would use it shouldn't matter that much. Rosario is a good choice though and I'm sure it will be well done, but it would be nice to give Ashley a shot at it.

I like the Ahsoka news but I do wonder why not Ashley Eckstein? With the amount of make-up/CG enhancement they would use it shouldn't matter that much. Rosario is a good choice though and I'm sure it will be well done, but it would be nice to give Ashley a shot at it.
Because Ashley Eckstein is a voice actor, not stage actor. She is obviously the voice of Ahsoka but I'm sure Jon Favreau and Disney/Lucasfilm want someone that has the experience and training for a high-profile TV show.

Because Ashley Eckstein is a voice actor, not stage actor. She is obviously the voice of Ahsoka but I'm sure Jon Favreau and Disney/Lucasfilm want someone that has the experience and training for a high-profile TV show.

She mostly does voice work but she's done a few live action roles too, mostly for TV, but still. She should at least have a shot - maybe she did. The voice is just so important for Ahsoka that I have a hard time envisioning anyone else.

I'll believe the Ahsoka in Mando 2 when it's confirmed.

Seems a bit too good to be true.

There was a big social media push a year or so ago for Rosario Dawson to play Ahsoka...the odds of a fan pushed casting choice actually happening just seems crazy.

I'm very happy if it's true but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I mean I wouldn't expect Lucasfilm to say its happening until it happens in the show much like baby yoda. With Variety and Hollywood Reporter now reporting it I would expect it to be true.

Yeah big fan of Ashley but I think they wanted a true stage actor for this. Ewan McGregor isn't the voice actor in the animated shows either so this is like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter