Disney plus, big price increase, any deals?

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
A year ago I paid $84 for disney plus, and it says my renewal price is $139.99. That seems like a huge increase. I don't think we use it that much.

Are there any deals out there or are people really paying that much?

We were in the same boat, so when our D+ subscription expired we switched to the Disney+ Bundle Trio Basic, meaning with ads. No discount; $14.99/month. DH wants ESPN+ for some of his football and other sports, and I like D+. The ads aren't too intrusive, and we can cancel anytime if we decide we aren't watching enough.

No deals at the moment as far as I know.... mine expired 11/12 and I let it lapse for now. If one comes along I'll renew, but if not I'll wait until there is something I *need* it to see. I was always a convenience subscriber; I only had it because it was easier than tracking down what I wanted and it was easy to slap on something for background noise quickly.

From the 1983 movie classic, "War Games," Joshua / WOPR states "Strange game. The only way to win is not to play." Seems to fit here very well.

We canceled. I’m hoping there’s a Black Friday deal. Last year we got Hulu for $2 a month. We could have added Disney+ for $5, but we were already renewed for the year. We’ll see if they have anything this year!

I think the days of two dollar subscriptions are done. Priority used to be to build a subscriber base no matter the cost, now investors want to see these platforms make a profit.

If you have Amex Platinum its can be free for Hulu\D+ with no commercials. Probably not a big help - but if there are other benefits of that card that work for you you can get a lot more than you pay for the high annual fee.

I was surprised I was not offered much a deal when I cancelled - other than than pushing the "with commercials" version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter