Disney security boarding buses?

mckennarose

DIS Veteran
I just got a notice on a Disney fan facebook group (not sure if I can mention the name?) from a member who is in WDW right now and said that security is boarding buses going into resorts and checking all ID's and were told this was going to be the new procedure. ???

I normally don't put any stock in rumors, however half our family is arriving in WDW next week and would like to know if anyone has experience with this or if it's true. They will be carrying ID regardless to be safe.

We just left today after a week long stay & didn’t encounter this at all.

Was it DME from the airport or the regular park/resort buses? I could see that causing lots of backed up lines and grumpy people.

I hope it's false. The woman (FL resident) who posted it was apparently in a car behind a bus that was boarded and asking for ID's. She then asked security when they pulled up and said they told her it was new procedure? It's hard to figure out. A lot of people are now saying its false and they may have been looking for someone in particular. I figured that the Dis members would know more if anything was actually happening.

I hope it's false. The woman (FL resident) who posted it was apparently in a car behind a bus that was boarded and asking for ID's. She then asked security when they pulled up and said they told her it was new procedure? It's hard to figure out. A lot of people are now saying its false and they may have been looking for someone in particular. I figured that the Dis members would know more if anything was actually happening.
This makes me think it’s false for sure and they probably were looking for someone in particular. Whew! Checking everyone’s ID on the buses would be a nightmare!

they probably were looking for someone in particular. Whew! Checking everyone’s ID on the buses would be a nightmare!

That seems like a possibility. "Welcome to WDW-show us your ID" doesn't seem like a particularly friendly welcome unless they had a good reason-ONCE!

Could have been an issue on just that particular bus trip. Sometimes if there was a bus collision, all the passengers on board the bus may be asked for ID. A problem that sometimes affects bus companies is, after a collision, some bystander who was not near the bus boards it and fabricates a complaint and brings a lawsuit.

I’m not going to say it could never happen but I sure as heck hope we aren’t there yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter