Disney Shopping -strange thing happening

LorieR

DIS Veteran
I placed a gift card order through QR on 2/9 and another on 2/13. The 2/13 order shipped (got e-mail) but not the 2/9 order. Called Disney Shopping a few minutes ago. Seems someone else called yesterday with my order number trying to get my $300 card shipped!! She gave the wrong name and wrong address and started yelling at the CM when she was told there was a problem. Supposedly she tried about 8 other order numbers too! (Somehow I just happened to get the same CM on the phone today!!!) (This is confusing because I am totally confused :confused3 ). Anyway, the order has been canceled and Disney Billing will cancel all future orders in my name because of fraud!!!?? I was advised to call Disney Visa (card I used). They tell me there is no problem with my card. I now have to write a letter to Disney Shopping (CM told me to do this) and tell them who I am???? I am totally confused about this whole thing!!!

Anyway, the bottom line is -- if you ordered a large gift card and have not received it I would give them a call!!

I had a similar problem yesterday and today with them.
I think that Disney’s billing people don’t know anything. This week I ordered a lot of gift cards because of the blog promo. Today I find out that more then 25% of the orders were canceled because they said my Amex declined the orders. I called Amex and they said that nothing was declined and all the orders were approved. The thing is that I don’t even know which orders out of over 50 were canceled and which were not. They did not notify me.

If anyone does not receive a gift card next week let me know and I will deal with them after I come back from vacation. I sure wish Disney solves these stupid problems. If I order a lot of gift cards with them this does not mean that they should keep canceling orders without telling me.

If I order more than about 8 cards in a day, the usually start turning down my credit card for "fraud prevention." I had a $200 card the other day that they did not ship for the same reason. It's like they just haphazardly choose when not to ship. It's not the first time that I have had this kind of problem when we have run our Disney Card promos either.

I had a similar problem yesterday and today with them.
I think that Disney’s billing people don’t know anything. This week I ordered a lot of gift cards because of the blog promo. Today I find out that more then 25% of the orders were canceled because they said my Amex declined the orders. I called Amex and they said that nothing was declined and all the orders were approved. The thing is that I don’t even know which orders out of over 50 were canceled and which were not. They did not notify me.

If anyone does not receive a gift card next week let me know and I will deal with them after I come back from vacation. I sure wish Disney solves these stupid problems. If I order a lot of gift cards with them this does not mean that they should keep canceling orders without telling me.

Dmitry I got my gift cards one $100 and one $25 in the mail today! I ordered these when you had the blog special last week.:thumbsup2 Thank you!

If I order more than about 8 cards in a day, the usually start turning down my credit card for "fraud prevention." I had a $200 card the other day that they did not ship for the same reason. It's like they just haphazardly choose when not to ship. It's not the first time that I have had this kind of problem when we have run our Disney Card promos either.

Tricia - my $50 Disney Gift card from the special cash out $45 for $50 has never come. I ordered on 2/1. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

:mad: :mad:
Tricia - my $50 Disney Gift card from the special cash out $45 for $50 has never come. I ordered on 2/1. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

Maybe. Those all shipped on the 6th and 7th and one of them did get blocked that day. If you do not have it by Monday morning, let me know and I will call Disney. I just tried to get into their order tracking and their site is so whacked that it will not let me see more than 3 of my past orders.

DisneyShopping is being a real pain in the YOU-KNOW-WHAT. I'm in the same boat. They say they are working on it but when I call I get the same odl run around. The last CM I spoke to emailed whatever dept it is that handles the "possible fraud" issues. She included my credit card's customer service number (yeah, like that will help). I've all but given up on getting this purchase to go through.

Lorie, they told me the exact same thing: "The order has been canceled and Disney Billing will cancel all future orders in my name because of fraud." The only difference is that they did not ask me to write a letter. Basically, they are just refusing to give me service without offering any way to staighten this out.

Hey sunshine girl! When you've had these issues in the past, how did you ever get it all staightened out?

Hey sunshine girl! When you've had these issues in the past, how did you ever get it all staightened out?

I had them do a three-way-call with me, them, and my credit card company. The credit card company assured them that they had verified all of my information and there was no fraud.

I had them do a three-way-call with me, them, and my credit card company. The credit card company assured them that they had verified all of my information and there was no fraud.

Cool! :thumbsup2 I notice you said that YOU had them (as in you were the one who had to suggest this) do a 3-way call. They probably never would have suggested this on their own.

BTW, did you have to talk to a supervisor or be transferred to a specific department to get this kind of treatment, or did a run-of-the-mill CM make the call?

Cool! :thumbsup2 I notice you said that YOU had them (as in you were the one who had to suggest this) do a 3-way call. They probably never would have suggested this on their own.

BTW, did you have to talk to a supervisor or be transferred to a specific department to get this kind of treatment, or did a run-of-the-mill CM make the call?

When I had this problem, AMEX suggested a 3-way call.

It was just a regular CM, but we talked to the fraud department specifically at my credit card company.

Trish,
Can we buy disney gift cards thru Sunshine rewards and get credit for them?
If so I will be buying some.
Thanks debbie

Yep! Right now Disney is allowing the rewards programs to give cash back on the gift cards. I don't know how long it will last because it is such a phenomenal deal. But I would say that we have until at least the end of February.

I just ordered 2 $500 gc. Assuming all goes well I'll be getting another 4. Keeping my fingers crossed that they get everything straightened out.
Angela

Have those of you who had problems managed to get them straightened out yet? I need to place a large gift card order and I'm debating what to do. These problems are worrying me! I don't know if it is better to place a few smaller orders, in case they don't track right because then I won't lose as much. Or place one big order because there might be less chance of disney flagging my account for fraud? Or doesn't it make a bit of difference, lol!

I wonder if it is causing problems at disney shopping because we are ordering gift cards with our own credit card, shipped to our own house, but then SR or QR is also ordering gift cards with THEIR credit card but shipped to our house. Could that be what is raising a possible fraud issue at disneyshopping? Hmmm... what to do...:confused3 :confused3

Have those of you who had problems managed to get them straightened out yet? I need to place a large gift card order and I'm debating what to do. These problems are worrying me! I don't know if it is better to place a few smaller orders, in case they don't track right because then I won't lose as much. Or place one big order because there might be less chance of disney flagging my account for fraud? Or doesn't it make a bit of difference, lol!

I wonder if it is causing problems at disney shopping because we are ordering gift cards with our own credit card, shipped to our own house, but then SR or QR is also ordering gift cards with THEIR credit card but shipped to our house. Could that be what is raising a possible fraud issue at disneyshopping? Hmmm... what to do...:confused3 :confused3

I don't understand what is going on. I had ordered 1 card for $100, 2 cards for $150 each, and the card for $300 (which I did not get), all charged on my Disney Visa, and then 1 more card for $50, which I used Disney Reward Dollars for and received an e-mail confirming shipment.
I am sorry so many others had problems but am glad it was just not me!! The CM was totally confusing also. First she said that the person who called up the day before with my order number also tried to do it on 18 other orders but then she said it was 8!! I could not get her to give me an explanation that made sense as to why they would suspend my account when I was giving all the correct information?????? The other person gave her name as "Diane Lowe" or something like than and the wrong address when asked. From what Dmitry and Trish said, it sounds like this is not an isolate case with Disney Shopping!!

I don't understand what is going on. I had ordered 1 card for $100, 2 cards for $150 each, and the card for $300 (which I did not get), all charged on my Disney Visa, and then 1 more card for $50, which I used Disney Reward Dollars for and received an e-mail confirming shipment.
I am sorry so many others had problems but am glad it was just not me!! The CM was totally confusing also. First she said that the person who called up the day before with my order number also tried to do it on 18 other orders but then she said it was 8!! I could not get her to give me an explanation that made sense as to why they would suspend my account when I was giving all the correct information?????? The other person gave her name as "Diane Lowe" or something like than and the wrong address when asked. From what Dmitry and Trish said, it sounds like this is not an isolate case with Disney Shopping!!

OMG! :mad: That is ME! Well, it's not my exact last name, but it is certainly very close. (I cannot believe they would mention another customer's name to another customer. Do you have any idea how unprofessional this is?) Disney Shopping has to be very messed up right now, and that is a major understatement. I have no idea how they could possibly have me connected to you. I have placed a total of 4 orders through the QR website - ALL of which were assigned to my name, and my credit card with my name on it.

I am sorry this is so long, but here’s the FULL story:

When this first started, I placed 2 separate orders. The first order (last 4 digits 2542) was for $500.00 and was placed on Monday, 2/5/07. The next order on Tuesday, 2/6/07, (last 4 digits 9322) was for $2250.00. I never knew anything was wrong with either order until Friday, 2/9/07, and even then I found out by accident. I noticed that the hold placed on my credit card was still just that - a hold. The charges were not being processed. So….I called Disney Shopping and asked what the status of my order was. This was when I received the news, "We're sorry, but the billing information will not verify." When I inquired as to what exactly the problem was, the CM just said, "I don’t know that, ma’am. All I have in front of me is what I just told you, ‘The billing information will not verify.’ It sounds like we just need to verify things here and then our billing department can finalize your order.” ME: “OH! Okay.” So I verified name, address, and phone number and was told the orders would ship soon. Thank you! Done!

WRONG! Think again….

The next day (Saturday, 2/10/07), I get a letter from DisneyShopping. When I opened the letter, which was definitely addressed to me (correct name and address), I read that DisneyShopping needed me to contact them because, “Additional information is required to complete our processing of your order.” At the bottom of the letter was an order # that was not familiar to me (#19946095-001), but I didn’t think anything of it at the time. In my mind I justified it as something the computer system generates to protect the customer’s information. (How WRONG could I have been?) I knew that everything was probably fine since I had called just the day before, but I decided to call Disney back to make sure. This time I told the CM that I had received a letter asking… blah, blah, blah….She asked me for the order number and to verify my name and address, so I gave her the number on the letter, and I verified the other information. She asks me to hold for a minute and comes back to verify the order number again. I gave her the number from the letter again, but then I volunteered, “By the way, this is not the same confirmation # I received via email.” CM says, “Oh? What number do you have?” ME: “Well, there are actually 2,” (notice: not 8, not 18, but 2) “…and they are….” CM: “I see. Please hold a minute.” She finally comes back and says that I need to call my credit card company because the “billing information will not verify.” I’m frustrated, to say the least, but I am still in control of my emotions. She goes on to tell me that there is nothing else they can do for me on their end. So I agree to call my credit card company and get back with them. She says, “Fine,” and ends the call.

I call Chase (Disney VISA), and after the customer service rep listened to my story he said, “What they (meaning DisneyShopping) have told you is not correct. We approved those payments, but DisneyShopping has not processed them.” :confused: Okay.

So back to DisneyShopping….

The CM really didn’t have a clue this time. He just verified everything again and said he’d put it all through to billing. I decide to wait it out.

The following Wednesday (2/14//07-Valentine’s Day), I wake up to find that my new order’s status (on the DisneyShopping website) has been changed to CLOSED and that the hold has completely dropped from my credit card. I called DisneyShopping to inquire of the status only to find out “the orders were cancelled due to fraud.” ME: “WHAT?!” :scared1: (Voice was raised a bit here, but still – not yelling.) CM: “The orders were closed due to fraud, ma’am. Your orders will not go through because they have been cancelled. Your name and address does not verify with your billing information, so we’ve cancelled the orders.” ME: “May I please speak to your supervisor?” So I hold for a while longer and I get a supervisor. I explain the whole story to her, and I tell her that I’ve called my credit card company and they have assured me that they have already approved the payments. I want to know what else can be done. She says that she will email “technical” and get back to me. To this day, I have never heard back from this woman.

I began thinking of all the possible reasons this could be happening (I bugged poor Dmitry all day – sorry, Dmitry – hope that vacation is doing you some good). :) I thought to myself, ‘Maybe they were not able to make the payment go through after they verified my billing information because the amount of the full payment had already been held which means there wasn’t enough available credit left to run another $2750.00 payment.’ So, I emailed Dmitry and tried to explain as best I could what had taken place. I let him know that since I definitely didn’t want to miss out on the 10% shopping reward, I would be placing another order that very evening, which is exactly what I did. This time, I placed one order for $2750.00 (last four digits #5207) and went to bed.

NEXT DAY: I check the Disney Shopping tracking and the order status was already switched to CLOSED, so the order was already cancelled. I called DS and asked them if my above theory about the hold on the credit card, and the available credit, etc., could be the root of the problem. The CM didn’t really seem to think this was the problem. She went on to inform me that no other order to be delivered to this address would be processed. I ask the CM if someone can please verify the billing information by calling my credit card company. She states that she will make note of it and asks for the number to my credit card company. She goes on to say that as for this order, it is closed and will not be reopened. I emailed Dmitry with the bad news. I tell him that I will now have to wait until this new hold falls off my credit card before I can try again.

A couple of days have now passed. I still haven’t let go of my theory about the hold on my CC not leaving a sufficient balance for DisneyShopping to run the payment through a second time. I have felt all along that they weren’t telling me everything. I have been given the runaround for days now, but still . . . I just had to be sure. SO –

Last night, I convinced myself to let go of the idea of trying to make this work on my Disney VISA. I decided that sacrificing the few points I’d earn with this transaction, while still earning 10% through QR, was not something to worry about. This morning, I naively decide to TRY AGAIN (yes, I AM a glutton for punishment). This time, I use a different credit card, one with more than enough for the transaction to be run through multiple times if that was what it took. Can’t change the address (no time to move), and I’m stuck with my name, so that all stays the same. AGAIN, the transaction is cancelled. AGAIN, a supervisor takes my information. AGAIN, she says she’ll contact me (at least this time I got a name and date and time that she’ll call).:headache:

BTW – I tried 2 times today to get DisneyShopping to make a 3-way call to my credit card co., but they said they WOULD NOT. The supervisor from today said that it would not work for the credit card company to call them either. She assured me that she is on top of this. (I will only believe it when I see the order in my hands, which at this point, will probably be NEVER.):rolleyes1

OMG! :mad: That is ME! Well, it's not my exact last name, but it is certainly very close. (I cannot believe they would mention another customer's name to another customer. Do you have any idea how unprofessional this is?) Disney Shopping has to be very messed up right now, and that is a major understatement. I have no idea how they could possibly have me connected to you. I have placed a total of 4 orders through the QR website - ALL of which were assigned to my name, and my credit card with my name on it.

I am sorry this is so long, but here’s the FULL story:

When this first started, I placed 2 separate orders. The first order (last 4 digits 2542) was for $500.00 and was placed on Monday, 2/5/07. The next order on Tuesday, 2/6/07, (last 4 digits 9322) was for $2250.00. I never knew anything was wrong with either order until Friday, 2/9/07, and even then I found out by accident. I noticed that the hold placed on my credit card was still just that - a hold. The charges were not being processed. So….I called Disney Shopping and asked what the status of my order was. This was when I received the news, "We're sorry, but the billing information will not verify." When I inquired as to what exactly the problem was, the CM just said, "I don’t know that, ma’am. All I have in front of me is what I just told you, ‘The billing information will not verify.’ It sounds like we just need to verify things here and then our billing department can finalize your order.” ME: “OH! Okay.” So I verified name, address, and phone number and was told the orders would ship soon. Thank you! Done!

WRONG! Think again….

The next day (Saturday, 2/10/07), I get a letter from DisneyShopping. When I opened the letter, which was definitely addressed to me (correct name and address), I read that DisneyShopping needed me to contact them because, “Additional information is required to complete our processing of your order.” At the bottom of the letter was an order # that was not familiar to me (#19946095-001), but I didn’t think anything of it at the time. In my mind I justified it as something the computer system generates to protect the customer’s information. (How WRONG could I have been?) I knew that everything was probably fine since I had called just the day before, but I decided to call Disney back to make sure. This time I told the CM that I had received a letter asking… blah, blah, blah….She asked me for the order number and to verify my name and address, so I gave her the number on the letter, and I verified the other information. She asks me to hold for a minute and comes back to verify the order number again. I gave her the number from the letter again, but then I volunteered, “By the way, this is not the same confirmation # I received via email.” CM says, “Oh? What number do you have?” ME: “Well, there are actually 2,” (notice: not 8, not 18, but 2) “…and they are….” CM: “I see. Please hold a minute.” She finally comes back and says that I need to call my credit card company because the “billing information will not verify.” I’m frustrated, to say the least, but I am still in control of my emotions. She goes on to tell me that there is nothing else they can do for me on their end. So I agree to call my credit card company and get back with them. She says, “Fine,” and ends the call.

I call Chase (Disney VISA), and after the customer service rep listened to my story he said, “What they (meaning DisneyShopping) have told you is not correct. We approved those payments, but DisneyShopping has not processed them.” :confused: Okay.

So back to DisneyShopping….

The CM really didn’t have a clue this time. He just verified everything again and said he’d put it all through to billing. I decide to wait it out.

The following Wednesday (2/14//07-Valentine’s Day), I wake up to find that my new order’s status (on the DisneyShopping website) has been changed to CLOSED and that the hold has completely dropped from my credit card. I called DisneyShopping to inquire of the status only to find out “the orders were cancelled due to fraud.” ME: “WHAT?!” :scared1: (Voice was raised a bit here, but still – not yelling.) CM: “The orders were closed due to fraud, ma’am. Your orders will not go through because they have been cancelled. Your name and address does not verify with your billing information, so we’ve cancelled the orders.” ME: “May I please speak to your supervisor?” So I hold for a while longer and I get a supervisor. I explain the whole story to her, and I tell her that I’ve called my credit card company and they have assured me that they have already approved the payments. I want to know what else can be done. She says that she will email “technical” and get back to me. To this day, I have never heard back from this woman.

I began thinking of all the possible reasons this could be happening (I bugged poor Dmitry all day – sorry, Dmitry – hope that vacation is doing you some good). :) I thought to myself, ‘Maybe they were not able to make the payment go through after they verified my billing information because the amount of the full payment had already been held which means there wasn’t enough available credit left to run another $2750.00 payment.’ So, I emailed Dmitry and tried to explain as best I could what had taken place. I let him know that since I definitely didn’t want to miss out on the 10% shopping reward, I would be placing another order that very evening, which is exactly what I did. This time, I placed one order for $2750.00 (last four digits #5207) and went to bed.

NEXT DAY: I check the Disney Shopping tracking and the order status was already switched to CLOSED, so the order was already cancelled. I called DS and asked them if my above theory about the hold on the credit card, and the available credit, etc., could be the root of the problem. The CM didn’t really seem to think this was the problem. She went on to inform me that no other order to be delivered to this address would be processed. I ask the CM if someone can please verify the billing information by calling my credit card company. She states that she will make note of it and asks for the number to my credit card company. She goes on to say that as for this order, it is closed and will not be reopened. I emailed Dmitry with the bad news. I tell him that I will now have to wait until this new hold falls off my credit card before I can try again.

A couple of days have now passed. I still haven’t let go of my theory about the hold on my CC not leaving a sufficient balance for DisneyShopping to run the payment through a second time. I have felt all along that they weren’t telling me everything. I have been given the runaround for days now, but still . . . I just had to be sure. SO –

Last night, I convinced myself to let go of the idea of trying to make this work on my Disney VISA. I decided that sacrificing the few points I’d earn with this transaction, while still earning 10% through QR, was not something to worry about. This morning, I naively decide to TRY AGAIN (yes, I AM a glutton for punishment). This time, I use a different credit card, one with more than enough for the transaction to be run through multiple times if that was what it took. Can’t change the address (no time to move), and I’m stuck with my name, so that all stays the same. AGAIN, the transaction is cancelled. AGAIN, a supervisor takes my information. AGAIN, she says she’ll contact me (at least this time I got a name and date and time that she’ll call).:headache:

BTW – I tried 2 times today to get DisneyShopping to make a 3-way call to my credit card co., but they said they WOULD NOT. The supervisor from today said that it would not work for the credit card company to call them either. She assured me that she is on top of this. (I will only believe it when I see the order in my hands, which at this point, will probably be NEVER.):rolleyes1

Can't believe this!! I also received a letter in the mail the day I called Disney shopping. It said that they needed additional information to complete the processing of my order. It also had an unfamilar order number on it so I went thorugh the automated system and the only information I got was that it was an order from October???? That is when I held on to speak to a CM. I told the CM about the letter but she did not do anything about it!! She spoke to her supervisor about the situation and the supervisor is the one who said I had to write a letter!!! I can't believe the mess they are in!! What the heck is going on there???

(The order I called about ended in 6868.)

Oh my, what a mess! I do feel for you guys! I hope you can get this all fixed soon.

LorieR, you mentioned about the number being traced to an order in October. I just noticed when I went to check on the status of my order, there was a message that states the following message above where you would enter your data to check the status:

To check the current status of your order placed on October 22 and October 23, 2006, please contact us at guest.services@disneyshopping.com for assistance.

I wonder if there were some problems on those dates that could somehow explain some kind of mix up with your current orders? I don't know why orders from those dates aren't searchable on their site but they must have had some kind of problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter