Disney Shopping -strange thing happening

On a lighter note . . .

I found it more than just a little ironic that, when placed on hold by the CMs at DisneyShopping, the on hold music was "Strange Things Are Happening To Me." (from Toy Story).:upsidedow :scared:

Oh my, what a mess! I do feel for you guys! I hope you can get this all fixed soon.

LorieR, you mentioned about the number being traced to an order in October. I just noticed when I went to check on the status of my order, there was a message that states the following message above where you would enter your data to check the status:

To check the current status of your order placed on October 22 and October 23, 2006, please contact us at guest.services@disneyshopping.com for assistance.

I wonder if there were some problems on those dates that could somehow explain some kind of mix up with your current orders? I don't know why orders from those dates aren't searchable on their site but they must have had some kind of problem?

For some reason, I have never been able to check my status online. Whenever I try to track my orders it says "Your search produces no results. Please try again." The weird thing is the letter was referring to an order number from October and I ordered at least three gift cards after that that I received until this one in question that I ordered on 2/9. Supposedly, one I ordered on 2/13 was shipped (received an e-mail on that) so I will see if that arrives. I think DyznyDreams orders were on 2/5 and 2/7.

For some reason, I have never been able to check my status online. Whenever I try to track my orders it says "Your search produces no results. Please try again." The weird thing is the letter was referring to an order number from October and I ordered at least three gift cards after that that I received until this one in question that I ordered on 2/9. . . .

Could their online ordering system be messed up and they just haven't figured it out yet? :confused3 After this, I am really questioning the safety of the Disney Shopping website now.

Since the first supervisor, whose name I did not catch, didn't call me back, I highly doubt "Mickey" will either. :rolleyes1 (Can you believe this was the name she gave me?!:rolleyes: )

LorieR, are you trying to get things staightened out so that you can get your other GC, or are you giving up on it? If I don't hear from the supervisor by Tuesday, I'm calling my credit card folks AGAIN and I will request (AGAIN) for them to call Disney Shopping and straighten them out. I don't know why Chase wouldn't offer to do this for me the first time since I explained to them that no one at DisneyShopping was listening to me, but that's the way it stands right now.

Could their online ordering system be messed up and they just haven't figured it out yet? :confused3 After this, I am really questioning the safety of the Disney Shopping website now.

Since the first supervisor, whose name I did not catch, didn't call me back, I highly doubt "Mickey" will either. :rolleyes1 (Can you believe this was the name she gave me?!:rolleyes: )

LorieR, are you trying to get things staightened out so that you can get your other GC, or are you giving up on it? If I don't hear from the supervisor by Tuesday, I'm calling my credit card folks AGAIN and I will request (AGAIN) for them to call Disney Shopping and straighten them out. I don't know why Chase wouldn't offer to do this for me the first time since I explained to them that no one at DisneyShopping was listening to me, but that's the way it stands right now.

I would like to get the gift card since I was credited by QC and I now probably owe them $30 :scared1: , and I already cashed out during his specials for a gift card! I will try calling Disney Shopping on Tuesday and see what happens. Since I now have all this other information about it happening to others I want to see what happens!!

I ordered from Disney Shopping yesterday, not through QR because I can't figure out how to do it, and never got a confirmation email. I checked my Disney Visa (Another thing I never thought I would have) and no pending charges. I called customer service and she verified that my order is in process, but could tell me why I didn't get the email confirm. I am glad it went through.

I hope all y'all get your stuff straightened out. It sounds like a headache and a half.

Okay - here's the lastest in my saga!! Called them this morning. I don't know whether to believe the CM or not, but after being on hold for a while, she told me someone from the fraud department contacted my bank and verified my information and the order will be shipped out "as soon as possible." Why am I not holding my breath on this?? :lmao:

Stay tuned!!

I just got a letter in the mail today that one of my orders was cancelled. I called and found out that three of the cards that I ordered on Feb 14 were cancelled and two more that I ordered yesterday are "on hold" but she could not say for sure whether they were being cancelled. She tried to blame my bank. I explained that I am not the only person that this is happening to and she was completely unhelpful. I don't even know which credit card I used to pay for these to call the credit card company. LOL!

I'm trying to remain calm. But now three of you are not going to get your cards from me even though I ordered them. And that makes me angry.

Just my 2 cents, but I never had any issues ordering large amounts of AMEX gift checks and other cash like items using my company credit card. I think when you are using personal cards, you run the risk of over zealous bank fraud departments. However, if you have a card that you only use for reward purposes, like a Disney Visa, if you call the bank ahead of time, they can flag the account as to anticipated activity and your purchases should go through OK. This is also a good idea if you are going to be traveling out of your normal purchasing area. I let my credit union know I was moving across country and would be using my debit Visa along the way for hotel and food charges. They told me if I had not done that, my hotel for night 2 would have been declined. Nothing is fool proof though.

Fun update. I call Chase. I then conference in Disney. I get a different CM this time. This one says that it has nothing to do with the credit card (of course...because Chase is on the line saying that they already authorized the charges). Now it is some kind of problem with the delivery addresses but they are not sure what the problem is with them and will have to get back with me by tomorrow.

ARGH!!! Why is Disney shopping do this crap? Are they trying to make it harder to buy the Disney gift cards?

Sunshinegirl, I'm sure that I'm one of the address problem people. My delivery address is what has been holding my personal orders up.

Chase has provided me with the authorization numbers for my orders so that I can prove to Disney Shopping that my charges have been approved. About half an our ago, I phoned Disney Shopping with my new information in hand. The cast member took the time to look up my history (which is LONG) and said that the most recent information was that Disney DID call my credit card to verify the authenticity of the information I provided. He said that my account/address has been unlocked now, and that I should try to place the order again and call them back in 2 to 3 hours to verify that there is no problem with the processing. I'll keep you posted! (Keeping fingers crossed!)

BTW, the "unlocking" of my Disney Shopping account/address happened after I took the time to email the FULL story to Disney. That is the same story I've shared with you all here on the boards (on page 2 of this thread) Boy, was it ever a looooong email! This email may have had nothing at all to do with it, but I think they're finally starting to listen anyway. We shall see.

Okay - hopefully this is the last installment for me in this saga!! Chase Fraud Department just called me. Disney has gotten my information intertwined with another customer and is shipping my gift card to another person with different name and address. (I believe this is you - DznyDreams!!) I am unclear on how this information was relayed between Chase and Disney. Bottom line is - Chase is changing my account number. Nothing has been erroneously charged to my account yet, thank goodness. Guess by the time I get my new card it will be too late to buy any more gift cards through QR for the 10%, although I guess I am a bit leery of doing it anyway!!

Just make sure you watch your credit card charges if you are making any purchases through Disney Shopping!!

Okay - hopefully this is the last installment for me in this saga!! Chase Fraud Department just called me. Disney has gotten my information intertwined with another customer and is shipping my gift card to another person with different name and address. (I believe this is you - DznyDreams!!) I am unclear on how this information was relayed between Chase and Disney. Bottom line is - Chase is changing my account number. Nothing has been erroneously charged to my account yet, thank goodness. Guess by the time I get my new card it will be too late to buy any more gift cards through QR for the 10%, although I guess I am a bit leery of doing it anyway!!

Just make sure you watch your credit card charges if you are making any purchases through Disney Shopping!!

I'm so sorry that you're going through a credit card reissue. :(

Like I said in an earlier post, I emailed Disney Shopping and explained the entire situation. In my email I mentioned the fact that my name (or at least a name VERY similar to mine) had been given to another Disney Shopping customer (I don't know your name so I didn't mention it, nor did I mention the DISboards). I did relay the extreme difficulty I had with one particular CM when I called to verify billing information for my first orders. In my email I questioned whether or not the CM could POSSIBLY have accessed the wrong account (even if by mistake) and thought that I was trying to call on an order that didn't belong to me. (??)

Chase did not call me, but I did call them early this morning. I also spoke to someone in the Fraud Department and they said they could not make outbound calls to merchants, but that everything looked a-okay with my account. She even provided me with the payment authorization code for my most recent order attempt. She seemed to think that if I provided Disney with this information, it would make a difference.

So . . .maybe either my call to Chase, or my email to Disney Shopping has prompted them to look into matters further. I hope so, but I also hope I don't have to have my credit card reissued. So far, the only attempted charges to my card have been the ones I've authorized through Disney Shopping, but I am watching them like a hawk!:eek:

It has been 7 hours since I placed my 4th RE-order. :scared: I almost hate to say this for fear of jinxing it, BUT . . . so far, my order has not been canceled! woo hoo! :cheer2: My 2nd and 3rd attempts to reorder were canceled within just a few short hours of placing the order, so hope is still alive! :goodvibes

It has been 7 hours since I placed my 4th RE-order. :scared: I almost hate to say this for fear of jinxing it, BUT . . . so far, my order has not been canceled! woo hoo! :cheer2: My 2nd and 3rd attempts to reorder were canceled within just a few short hours of placing the order, so hope is still alive! :goodvibes

Tried reordering this morning using a different credit card (since Chase Fraud canceled my other one). So far it is actually listed on the website -- this is the first time one of my orders is -- so that is a good sign!! Hope this goes through so I can "pay" Dmitry back for the credit I received on this a few weeks ago!! :)

I tried last night to order $2000 in GC and it said my card had been declined. I had ordered $1000 last week and then paid the CC off. I checked before ordering to make sure the card was empty. So I go back to Chase to recheck and I can't login.
I called Chase this morning and was routed to the security dept. After answering a bunch of questions to ensure I was me they cleared my card. I asked what the balance on the card was and she said a payment was recvd a few days ago and it was $0. When I asked why the card was declined she said my card had been flagged because of 2 large purchases at DisneyShopping. My common sense tells me that someone commiting fraud wouldn't immediately send a payment after charging a large purchase. I guess computers don't have common sense though.
She wouldn't go into it further. I'm wondering if Disneyshopping flagged it or if Chase was just being overly cautious.
Angela

. . . I'm wondering if Disneyshopping flagged it or if Chase was just being overly cautious.
Angela

Chase told me it is just Disney Shopping and not them. I've had multiple orders canceled, all of which were authorized by Chase. Chase customer service verified this on every single order I have TRIED to place since February 5th. Here I am 4 orders later, and still waiting for it to go through.

My order is at least still active as of this minute (approx. 26 hours out from the time the order was placed), which is more than I can say for my last 3 order attempts. :rolleyes:

Fun update. I call Chase. I then conference in Disney. I get a different CM this time. This one says that it has nothing to do with the credit card (of course...because Chase is on the line saying that they already authorized the charges). Now it is some kind of problem with the delivery addresses but they are not sure what the problem is with them and will have to get back with me by tomorrow.

ARGH!!! Why is Disney shopping do this crap? Are they trying to make it harder to buy the Disney gift cards?

So they told me that they would get back with me "tomorrow" on Tuesday and I never heard anything again. So I called today. For the first three orders that I placed, they told me that they had problems with the delivery addresses (Diane, Rebecca, and Tina) so they totally cancelled them. For the ones that I ordered on Monday, they just want me to verify the addresses again. They can't tell me if they will go through or if I reorder the first ones if any of them will go through. This is insane! It's like their entire system has broken down since they have started selling these gift cards.

. . . For the first three orders that I placed, they told me that they had problems with the delivery addresses (Diane, Rebecca, and Tina) so they totally cancelled them. . . .They can't tell me if they will go through or if I reorder the first ones if any of them will go through. . . .

Speaking only for myself, I say you wait until I can get my personal order to go through before you reorder my $25. Once they get everything straightened out on my end, then we will know for sure that my address has made it back into the good graces of Disney Shopping.:rolleyes: I intend to keep you posted through this thread.

I did call them again just now to see where things stand. The CM said that the order is just on hold until someone gets a chance to call and process it. It is "in line to be verified," but apparently the line is long. There have been a HUGE number of problems with these larger orders, and Disney Shopping is having to call and verify each and every one with the banks that issue the credit cards. It's a tedious process, and I was told to just be patient.

You are SO RIGHT, sunshinegirl! This IS insane! :scared1:

The chase person wouldn't actually say who flagged my acct last night but I was under the impression she blamed DisneyShopping. She seemed a little frustrated, like this was not even close to the first time she's had to clear someone's acct of a fraud alert.
I can't check my cc acct to see if any charges are pending for 3-5 days. Chase said it would take that long for me to be able to log into my acct, why I'm not sure. I was able to try again for the GC this morning and it was accepted. When I try to check the status of my order lately it says Disneyshopping is closed.

Try back later. It shouldn't be this hard. Angela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter