Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

It would seem to me that, given that there will almost certainly be some people who don't like the gondola experience for whatever reason, and that it's a very novel transit mode for most visitors, debuting it at a time when the weather is cooler will reduce the likelihood of negative press and potential load issues due to people just being cranky in the heat (I mean outdoor heat, which is a sure thing, not the heat that may or may not accumulate inside the cars.) Besides that, fall is the slowest season, so that should reduce the number of visitors affected if there *are* any glitches getting the system into service.

It would seem to me that, given that there will almost certainly be some people who don't like the gondola experience for whatever reason, and that it's a very novel transit mode for most visitors, debuting it at a time when the weather is cooler will reduce the likelihood of negative press and potential load issues due to people just being cranky in the heat (I mean outdoor heat, which is a sure thing, not the heat that may or may not accumulate inside the cars.) Besides that, fall is the slowest season, so that should reduce the number of visitors affected if there *are* any glitches getting the system into service.
I don't think fall is the slowest season.

I don't think fall is the slowest season.

Note that I didn't say SLOW season, I said slowest.

At least one widely-used crowd calendar says that it is, especially during peak hurricane season in September (which, granted, does not usually mean significantly cooler temps yet.) Thanksgiving week, of course, is a season unto itself, and some people think that Jersey
Week is as well. Parts of January and February are slower also, but that period is more broken up by two long weekends, and there are also the Australian Summer holidays in January and the UK/Ireland half-term holidays in February.

http://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/historic-attendance-levels/ (they base this on a simplified avg. of the TouringPlans crowd calendars)

This year, of course, the planned opening of GE will increase crowds at the Studios.

(FTR, I'm saying that September, October and November are "Fall" (or Autumn, if you prefer), but that Thanksgiving week is historically much busier than the rest of that "season" at the theme parks. The solstice &/or ambient temperatures aside, September does not count as Summer in this context because US elementary and secondary schools are in session by then.)

Last edited:
Note that I didn't say SLOW season, I said slowest.

At least one widely-used crowd calendar says that it is, especially during peak hurricane season in September (which, granted, does not usually mean significantly cooler temps yet.) Thanksgiving week, of course, is a season unto itself, and some people think that Jersey Week is as well. Parts of January and February are slow also, but that period is more broken up by two long weekends, and there are also the Australian Summer holidays in January and the UK/Ireland half-term holidays in February.

http://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/historic-attendance-levels/ (they base this on a simplified avg. of the TouringPlans crowd calendars)

This year, of course, the planned opening of GE will increase crowds at the Studios.

I'm confused, are you saying October and November are not fall?

No hot tubs, either.
The only difference I see as a value to pay would be a hot tub. My experience with the hot tub's is they close too early. We only got back to the resort to enjoy the hot tub one or two times, and one of those we got kicked out at closing.

The only difference I see as a value to pay would be a hot tub. My experience with the hot tub's is they close too early. We only got back to the resort to enjoy the hot tub one or two times, and one of those we got kicked out at closing.
My experience with Disney hot tubs is that they are usually full of little ones. We tried on several occasions to enjoy a little evening/daytime relaxation.....they are actually not recommended for toddlers! We have 5 kids but I always told them the hot tubs were for grown ups, lol! Now they are grown!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter