Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

ResortTV1 (youtube live stream) was just riding the Skyliner with someone from the company who built the Skyliner system. They confirmed a rumor about expanding the line but nothing was announced yet.

Take as you want but thought it fit the rumor category and was a little more reliable than a bus driver.

I just saw something- probably not a good idea to post on here exactly what (and if you saw likewise I would suggest you don't say either) as I don't want the guy to get into trouble, but someone who appears to be a very good source of information on this, was captured on film saying that they had plans to expand Skyliner, but nothing was announced yet.

Sorry to be a bit cryptic, but it is for the reason I said, but as I say the guy was in a position to know.

I am hoping they take it down to SSR/ Saratoga.

I was beaten to it- He has been identified on another thread! (edit now all amalgamated here). But it does seem a good rumour source. I am hoping it goes down to Disney Springs or SSR.

Last edited:
ResortTV1 (youtube live stream) was just riding the Skyliner with someone from the company who built the Skyliner system. They confirmed a rumor about expanding the line but nothing was announced yet.

Take as you want but thought it fit the rumor category and was a little more reliable than a bus driver.

Not sure how "official capacity" that person was in today, but you'd think they would be mindful to go the other way and not even hint about it if it wasn't something definitely on the table

Not saying that means definitely happening or anything but probably more than just passing thought from one imagineer

Thanks for posting @evlaina! What was the total time from lining up at POP to arriving at HS? We are doing the same route a week from today. Wanting to rope drop though so am guessing we will need to catch a bus that morning to be in the front of the pack. Wish they opened 1/2 hour earlier!
They totally should open earlier. Rope drop was impossible with 5:45am start times. After 6 for sure.
We had to wait for an ECV cabin so our wait was longer than your average guest though. Maybe 20 total?

ResortTV1 is finishing their stream at Studios, the line heading back to CBR is out of the station down down the street long.

ResortTV1 is finishing their stream at Studios, the line heading back to CBR is out of the station down down the street long.

This is going to be common at certain times of the days for the next few months as people want to try it out. (Although maybe not as bad as this next week as its grand opening)

More popular than Star Wars ahahaha

Follow up: Long lines but very speedy. EVC lines are short but wait time is a bit higher as each car needs time to get settled and wheels wedged. Very beautiful and efficient when riding from Pop to CBR to Epcot. Not extremely hot today but the airflow is pretty amazing actually.

Update again: Watched a large family with double stroller and EVC board. Struggled with space even when stroller was broken down. Half of family was moved to front of regulr line then put in a car beside the EVC car with the rest of their family

Last edited:
We rode from Pop to Epcot around 10:30 this morning. Walked on at Pop, there was a long line overflowing the queue at CBR for Epcot (DHS had a very short line), but it moved fast and it took maybe 5 minutes. We did ride with other parties both times as a group of 4. Security line at Epcot was a little longer than usual, but still far better than the front of the park.

Not sure how "official capacity" that person was in today, but you'd think they would be mindful to go the other way and not even hint about it if it wasn't something definitely on the table

Not saying that means definitely happening or anything but probably more than just passing thought from one imagineer
They were not an imagineer (at least not that I gathered) they had on the logo'd polo from Doppelmayr. I couldn't hear exactly but it seemed they confirmed they worked for Doppelmayr not Disney (so less likely to worry about not leaking something).

Doppelmayr employees aren’t used to secrecy and tend to let the info fly pretty easily. I know a few of them. Additional lines have been planned, but that doesn’t mean they’ll happen.

They could add some value to OKW/SSR by getting them on this line and possibly creating an additional line to the front of Epcot as well?

This is what I could see (I have zero knowledge).

• RIV station gets a 3rd spoke over the water that goes to OKW (if you look at the satellite map you can see how a 3rd one would fit).
  • OKW station is expanded (Caribbean Beach was the test) and goes to Epcot Entrance, POR, DS (via SS), Typhoon Lagoon
I know more credible rumors have the expansion at Caribbean Beach though.

My hope is AKV to AK because if that happened I would be more likely to stay at AKV in the future and possibly buy DVC there.

Doppelmayr employees aren’t used to secrecy and tend to let the info fly pretty easily. I know a few of them. Additional lines have been planned, but that doesn’t mean they’ll happen.

Planned though is pretty far down the line of doing something. Yes they need to be allocated budget but when they see they can charge 20% more for these rooms I would suspect they will want more on the line to justify higher costs and also cut the more costly bus coverage likely.

Do you know what is planned by chance? Like is there phases or more importantly would a AKV to AK line be planned as possibly the next step?

Planned though is pretty far down the line of doing something. Yes they need to be allocated budget but when they see they can charge 20% more for these rooms I would suspect they will want more on the line to justify higher costs and also cut the more costly bus coverage likely.

Do you know what is planned by chance? Like is there phases or more importantly would a AKV to AK line be planned as possibly the next step?

We haven’t discussed placement at all so can’t help much there.

Huge line at CBR for IG right now. 3 rows length of DHS + Epcot platforms and out to the ramp. Don't know how long the wait because I'm in ecv line. 6 ECV's in front of me.

ECV cabins are predesignated and dispatch about every 90 seconds. Loader at ECV platform has a countdown clock for time until dispatch. Will post more details when I get home.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter