Disney to extend 60 day FP booking to non Disney hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since everyone else is speculating on this, my thought is they may extend to Good Neighbor Hotels but only if you book through Disney Travel. Although you can still presently book these hotels that way, most people are only booking Disney resorts through Disney with the advent of easy internet booking through third party sites and directly through the hotels. Back in the day, Disney Travel Company used to book quite a few rooms at DGN hotels, this would be a good way to drive that business back to them and collect commisions; also would offer an alternative for them to sell if a particular class of onsite resorts is sold out for certain dates and the traveler isn't flexible when it comes to dates.

I agree. I think this is a travel agency deal. I think it's easy to forget that Disney is also in the travel agency business. So they load whatever hotels into MDE, people book them, get the 60 day window, and they get cut a generous commission.

Ok, I haven't read this whole thread at all, so forgive me if this has been asked. But do you this move might be in preparation for Disney to allow the purchase of more fast passes by Disney resort guest only, or perhaps moving the resort guest window to like 75 days?

Or to do what I believed from day one will happen. Tier the hotel levels with the fast passes?
Could this even effect the direct vs resale purchasers of DVC?

Last edited:
Ok, I haven't read this whole thread at all, so forgive me if this has been asked. But do you this move might be in preparation for Disney to allow the purchase of more fast passes by Disney resort guest only, or perhaps moving the resort guest window to like 75 days?

Or to do what I believed from day one will happen. Tier the hotel levels with the fast passes?
Could this even effect the direct vs resale purchasers of DVC?
As a more cynical person, no. I think Disney is getting money from the GNH for this benefit, and they don't really care that it might affect those staying on property. There's always people willing to stay on property because of the theme/magic of it all, plus the ME and the buses if you don't rent/bring a car, that this will probably cause little to no bottom line impact and maybe even bring in MORE money.

There's always people willing to stay on property because of the theme/magic of it all,
Yep, that is me! But I feel like they may be up to something here with the direct vs. resale DVC purchases. Disney wants new owners to buy direct. I plan on being a new owner next year, but not direct. So this makes me think.

Yep, that is me! But I feel like they may be up to something here with the direct vs. resale DVC purchases. Disney wants new owners to buy direct. I plan on being a new owner next year, but not direct. So this makes me think.
I'm the same, I love staying on property, just sad the perks of doing it are slowly slipping away.

This announcement annoyed me even more than the announcement of the dog friendly policy. :mad: What I wonder is, will this just make it harder for onsite guests to get FP+ or will they significantly increase the number they give out causing even longer FP+ lines? (We've waited in FP+ lines for well over 30 minutes before at 7DMT and RNRC.) I'm guessing it will cause both problems.

This announcement annoyed me even more than the announcement of the dog friendly policy. :mad: What I wonder is, will this just make it harder for onsite guests to get FP+ or will they significantly increase the number they give out causing even longer FP+ lines? (We've waited in FP+ lines for well over 30 minutes before at 7DMT and RNRC.) I'm guessing it will cause both problems.

Has Disney announced this?

Got it. Either way, I'm pretty annoyed by it if it's true.

I'll wait until Disney announces it and what the parameters are before I get annoyed. If it's just the ON PROPERTY hotels, so Hotel Plaza Blvd, hey I might stay there more often. The blogger rumored other hotels off-property which should get out of control. AND how in the world will they verify these reservations.

I'll wait until Disney announces it and what the parameters are before I get annoyed. If it's just the ON PROPERTY hotels, so Hotel Plaza Blvd, hey I might stay there more often. The blogger rumored other hotels off-property which should get out of control. AND how in the world will they verify these reservations.

Good point.

Good point.

Just a thought, doesn't Swan and Dolphin show up on Disney World booking site and MDE? Maybe they will be reworking system so that bookings at those resorts will be part of the MDE system. Then it would work.

Just a thought, doesn't Swan and Dolphin show up on Disney World booking site and MDE? Maybe they will be reworking system so that bookings at those resorts will be part of the MDE system. Then it would work.

Great - that would be something else to crash the website/app for a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter