Disney Wonder Dry Dock Watch - 11/10 Wonder departs on first cruise out of Galveston

The Truffle Pursettes and Tomato Tart along with the Loaded Baked Potato soup are all gone! :scared1: That was my dinner at AP! :sad1:
Those items are still on the Signature menu for AP. The menu posted is the abbreviated one used in AP on Animation Magic night (2d time you are in there). Whatever menu is being served that evening (Captain's Gala, Prince & Princess, See Ya Real Soon) in Animator's Palate has only one appetizer and one soup offering from that menu and a couple of dessert choices. The entree still has several selections.

It was speculated that it saved time on that night with the drawings and show taking time out of the service time.

Looks like the mac & cheese soup went away like the popcorn soup. I actually finally liked it on our last cruise! :)

Those items are still on the Signature menu for AP. The menu posted is the abbreviated one used in AP on Animation Magic night (2d time you are in there). Whatever menu is being served that evening (Captain's Gala, Prince & Princess, See Ya Real Soon) in Animator's Palate has only one appetizer and one soup offering from that menu and a couple of dessert choices. The entree still has several selections.

It was speculated that it saved time on that night with the drawings and show taking time out of the service time.

Phew....thank goodness for that!!!! AP without truffle pursettes is like POTC without Johnny Depp - still enjoyable but honestly, why bother?

Like most things Frozen, and especially because it was only an hour, while the Frozen show on the Wonder followed the movie faithfully, it doesn't stand alone.

If you didn't already know the story, I suspect it'd be difficult to follow.

But who, on a DCL trip, doesn't already know the story?

My review: Absolutely Phenomenal.

Get in line early. For our 8:30 show, they opened doors at 8:05 and the crowd waiting was more than enough to fill seats. By 8:10, auditorium was full.

It snows in first several rows, 12 or so, so if that's important be there even earlier.

IMG_1455.JPG

2 questions for anyone in the know.....For the current Disney Wonder Christmas voyages out of Galveston: who is the Cruise Director? Who is playing in the piano lounge?

Thanks!

Like most things Frozen, and especially because it was only an hour, while the Frozen show on the Wonder followed the movie faithfully, it doesn't stand alone.

If you didn't already know the story, I suspect it'd be difficult to follow.

But who, on a DCL trip, doesn't already know the story?

My review: Absolutely Phenomenal.

Get in line early. For our 8:30 show, they opened doors at 8:05 and the crowd waiting was more than enough to fill seats. By 8:10, auditorium was full.

It snows in first several rows, 12 or so, so if that's important be there even earlier.

View attachment 206379

More than enough people? So some were turned away? That would be really frustrating. I would not have thought I needed to be there 30 minutes early (since I don't care where I sit).

2 questions for anyone in the know.....For the current Disney Wonder Christmas voyages out of Galveston: who is the Cruise Director? Who is playing in the piano lounge?

Thanks!
It was Peter. Don't know his last name but apparently he was there before dry dock.

Don't remember piano lounge but I'm sure it's on one of the daily planners. I'll look when I unpack.

ETA: Chuck Perry at Cadillac Lounge on Piano

Last edited:
More than enough people? So some were turned away? That would be really frustrating. I would not have thought I needed to be there 30 minutes early (since I don't care where I sit).
There's really no place to stand. I wasn't at the back to see if people were turned away but I can't see how they weren't.

My guess is nobody was told they couldn't come in but with no seats and nowhere to stand, what are you going to do?

We had several warnings that it would fill up and there would be no saving seats.

My DW took DD to bathroom and several people tried to take their seats. I ended up lap seating DGS3 so someone could have a seat.

Animator's Palette decked out in Frozen motif because they moved the Frozen meet and greet there:

IMG_1372.JPG

Last edited:
We had late dinner seating, left our room 30 minutes before show time, and the line to get into the W Disney theater was all the way back to the elevators! The show was wonderful though, so glad to have been one of the first to see it!

Edit: midship elevators!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter