Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys here about the lady who called 911 because she thought the cop was cute and wanted him to come back to her house?

Please!!! Get a clue lady.

Piecey said:
Ahh!!! I went two Mondays ago, while I was still down in Florida living with my friends (I'm back now-- my last grandparent got ill and now I'm back :blush: )

We got to ride POTC and lemme tell you... the Jack Sparrow addition is FREAKILY real!!

Augh!!! THe torture! Stop it, just stop it!
(Pssst...what else is in that ride???) Cute cop? Where? What's the number to call???? Excuse my sarcasm today ladies, I need a large yeasty pizza and a big tall root beer!

Kerry, here's to a better weekend ! :hug: Patsy, I hope your grandparent gets well soon.

ALOHA, Ore. - A woman who called 911 to get "the cutest cop I've seen" sent back to her home got a date all right — a court date.

The same sheriff's deputy arrested her on charges of misuse of the emergency dispatch system.

Washington County Sheriff's Sgt. David Thompson told KGW-TV of Portland it all started with a noise complaint called in last month by neighbors of Lorna Jeanne Dudash. The deputy sent to check on the complaint knocked on her door, then left.

Thompson said Dudash then called 911, asking that the "cutie pie" deputy return.

"He's the cutest cop I've seen in a long time. I just want to know his name," Dudash told the dispatcher. "Heck, it doesn't come very often a good man comes to your doorstep."

After listening to some more, followed by a bit of silence, the dispatcher asked again why Dudash needed the deputy to return.

"Honey, I'm just going to be honest with you, OK? I just thought he was cute. I'm 45 years old and I'd just like to meet him again, but I don't know how to go about doing that without calling 911," she said.

"I know this is absolutely not in any way, shape or form an emergency, but if you would give the officer my phone number and ask him to come back, would you mind?"

The deputy returned, verified that there was no emergency and arrested her for misusing the 911 system, an offense punishable by a fine of up to several thousand dollars and a year in jail.

Thompson said Thursday it was the first case he knew of in which someone called the emergency line for such a personal reason.

"That's taking up valuable time from dispatchers who could be taking true emergency calls," he said.

How stupid is stupid? This is as close as stupid gets.... Forrest, are you on this thread???

taeja71 said:

Augh!!! THe torture! Stop it, just stop it!
(Pssst...what else is in that ride???) Cute cop? Where? What's the number to call???? Excuse my sarcasm today ladies, I need a large yeasty pizza and a big tall root beer!

Hey just call 911. He arrested her. If he is that cute maybe it is worth it. If your in to that kind of thing. ::yes::

taeja71 said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Vicki's going to be surprised when she logs in...Bill too unless he's lurking... :smooth:

Bill was right, we did make it to 3,000 before our cruise. :thumbsup2

YES I WAS!!!!!!! :lmao: :rotfl:

mom_of_2_princesses said:
Hey just call 911. He arrested her. If he is that cute maybe it is worth it. If your in to that kind of thing. ::yes::

:blush: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I saw the potential rivalry too. If any thing, have a drinking competition. Refrain from food fights or silver ware flying please during dinner. :duck:

Here on the east coast:

:bounce: :dance3: :hyper2: :drinking1 party: :drinking1 :drinking1 :love2: :dancer:

I am off to unwind and shake off the work week. I am heading to DBF's hometown to visit with his folks then off to a concert in Charlotte on Sunday night.

Have a great weekend everyone!

taeja71 said:
Jan, I can see a kid who's not part of our group saying, "Mommy, I want those (whatever our kids have)". I'll feel bad for the kid, just like life you don't always get what you want. Is that a John Mellencamp song????

Not sure about Mellencamp, but I do know that on other cruises people would ask where we got our DIS shirts. I would say that they were made by someone in our group that was traveling together. A few people recognized the DIS that was on the shirt one time and said they had not followed the thread but then wished they had.

So, if anyone asks, just say that your cruise group put together souvenir bags for the kids and matching wrist bands (or whatever). They may never know how long you have been PLANNING for this!

Jan :earsgirl:

Ker-Bear said:
side note I am too lazy to go back through all these posts. Someone mentioned they were Auburn fans? I live in Columbia SC and the Gamecocks play Auburn on Thursday Sept 28th here in Cola. My DBF got his undergrad and Masters from USC and DS has become a huge Gamecock fan so we may have some rivalry going on at dinner :lmao:
Was that me? :confused: I graduated from Auburn (War Eagle :cheer2: ), but I don't remember mentioning that. :scratchin Hmmm, what else have I babbled on about? :rolleyes: My DH and I will be in football mode by then, but we'll try to behave at the dinner table. ;) :teeth:

:) Have a great weekend, all! :sunny: :wave2:

We actually got to spend the whole day at the beach today. No rain, no red tide....it was a miracle! First beach day in a long time!

I hope everyone has an outstanding weekend. :goodvibes

What's the final decision on the wristbands? Group order, separate orders, lime green, dark green, which company? Can't wait to hear.

Also, I haven't heard of anyone else being added to the goodies list. Tammy has ordered another dozen of each of our items so that we're covered. I'm sure that will suffice.

mom_of_2_princesses said:
Did you guys here about the lady who called 911 because she thought the cop was cute and wanted him to come back to her house?

Please!!! Get a clue lady.

My nephew once called 911 because he could not find the remote control and his dad, who ironically is an officer, was in the shower......when the officer arrived at the house he said something to the effect of but it WAS an emergency - he couldn`t get the TV to turn on.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Needless to say his dad was not NEARLY as amused as we all were. :rotfl2:

zweihund said:
My nephew once called 911 because he could not find the remote control and his dad, who ironically is an officer, was in the shower......when the officer arrived at the house he said something to the effect of but it WAS an emergency - he couldn`t get the TV to turn on.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Needless to say his dad was not NEARLY as amused as we all were. :rotfl2:
YIKES!

LCTsMom said:

True story too - good thing he is cute.......of course, being something like four or five at the time also helped, and no charges were filed.

His dad was very emberassed at work that night :lmao:

zweihund said:
True story too - good thing he is cute.......of course, being something like four or five at the time also helped, and no charges were filed.

His dad was very emberassed at work that night :lmao:
Kids are great, I always say that. They do the darndest (is that a word?!?) things! :rotfl:

Dawn (blackunicorn), what are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter