Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread! lol......

I try to post in the other threads when possible so that I am not only in this one little zone, and of course it's frustrating when things you say get turned around on you and start to feel unwelcome.

It's funny, yesterday I was annoyed enough to post a reply to him, AND to the boards (my reply was very polite though, re-affirming that what I said was in no way intended to be a jab) but today I feel very sorry for him. How sad and pathetic do you have to be to spend your time cruising DIS boards just looking for a fight? I predict that there is little joy in his daily life.

I have TONS of joy, we are cruising in about 6 weeks!

Thanks for the support :sunny:
Happy Sunday!

mom_of_2_princesses said:
I have seen this one person who seems like he goes and tries to stir things up on purpose. I checked his history and he is always negative and controversial. I just try to stay away from him. Maybe the moderators will see what he is doing and put a stop to him. I am leaving for Vegas in the morning. :cool1: :banana: Hopefully I will win some money to pay for the trip. :rotfl: I will talk to you guys on Tuesday or Wednesday. :wave:
Lori

Good luck and have fun!

LCTsMom said:
Sadly, there are quite a few folks like that out here in DISland. When I read some of the comments I actually wonder what the heck people are thinking (or ARE they thinking) when they post ugly replies! Sheeez. It has actually scared me away from posting when I sense a controversial undertone.

I agree with yoiu, thanks to those of you who are nice! :love: It should never be a bad thing to voice one's opinion.....we can't always agree but we should at least TRY to get along.

ETA: I just realized that this issue has been brought to light by the "powers that be".... read on:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1166119&page=2&pp=15

It's a nice reminder but unless it is addressed to a specific person ie the offender now a days people dont think it is them!
It happened at work our boss sent a general email saying we have to work together and help each other and one of the offenders look at another and said did you read that! So neither one thought it was them. It still happens. But maybe it will get them thinking! :teeth:

zweihund said:
Great thread! lol......

I try to post in the other threads when possible so that I am not only in this one little zone, and of course it's frustrating when things you say get turned around on you and start to feel unwelcome.

It's funny, yesterday I was annoyed enough to post a reply to him, AND to the boards (my reply was very polite though, re-affirming that what I said was in no way intended to be a jab) but today I feel very sorry for him. How sad and pathetic do you have to be to spend your time cruising DIS boards just looking for a fight? I predict that there is little joy in his daily life.

I have TONS of joy, we are cruising in about 6 weeks!

Thanks for the support :sunny:
Happy Sunday!

You are probably right! The only fun he has is starting a fight. I have had some things said but I ignore the "troll" and dont feed them because that's what they want. It also makes them "madder" if you dont fight back. :bitelip:

Vicki- you are so right we have to ignore his and a few others posts because they are just looking for a reaction. I t will drive them crazy if we just ignore him no matter how ridiculous his posts. :thumbsup2

Patsy-great pictures but I want to know why a young cute girl like you is home on a Sat night lol--shouldn't you be out whooping it up!!!! :lmao:

Lori- Good luck in Vegas I've been twice and both times I was the big loser :confused3

Happy Sunday all its going to be 95 today Woo Hoo!!!!!

Suzanne

purplern said:
It's a nice reminder but unless it is addressed to a specific person ie the offender now a days people dont think it is them!
It happened at work our boss sent a general email saying we have to work together and help each other and one of the offenders look at another and said did you read that! So neither one thought it was them. It still happens. But maybe it will get them thinking! :teeth:
I totally agree! It happens with everything! Maybe we do it too? NAH! :rotfl: Some of us overanalyze situations with hope that we WON'T be that person!

Which bracelets are we ordering and how (separately or as a group)? :confused3

LCTsMom said:
I think these are the three places we're considering. We need to decide which company we're ordering from, and if we are going to make one group order or individual orders.

http://www.shanrene.com/page/001/CTGY/awareness-wristbands

http://www.wristbandswithamessage.com/cart/index.php

http://www.reminderband.com/?OVRAW=reminder bands&OVKEY=reminder band&OVMTC=standard
I am thinking of doing a family-only bracelet. As I mentioned before, DH knows about DIS and DIS meets but DS#1, DS#2 and GFofDS#1 (make sense?? Girl friend of our older son) have no idea and I think it might be overwhelming to get a DIS green wrist band and have people greet you who know about you but you have no idea who they ARE! :blush:
We like these kids and want them to like cruising so want to get them INTO it slowly.
Jan :earsgirl:

suzannef said:
Patsy-great pictures but I want to know why a young cute girl like you is home on a Sat night lol--shouldn't you be out whooping it up!!!! :lmao:

Suzanne

Haha thanks.. but I'm back in West Virginia now.. all we've got here is the opportunity to do this- :happytv: or :surfweb: with your lives.. :rolleyes1
I had a lot of unpacking to do, too..

I don't believe anyone in this state "whoops" it up unless they're up on the main campus of WVU burning a couch.. which we're famous for :rotfl:

Yikes, I totally can't keep up! I got the "see thru" eyepatches from deadmen site. They are probably more adult sized and the see thru thing is maybe more to close the other eye and "impress" others that you can still see whats going on. It's actually sort of annoying to be able to see a little bit thru the other eye. ANYWAY....... not sure how well these will work for the kids but I'm still giving them out. Maybe they can give them to their parents if they don't like them. If anyone on the pirate goodies list is running short, you might consider the cheap 10 cent kind from somewhere so the kids have a choice in case they find the one I'm giving too big or the see-thru function annoying.

Really fun mom
I'm sure they will be fine and the kids will figure it out :sunny:

Patsy you are too funny-oh the college days when burning a couch on the front lawn seems like a good idea :rotfl2: :lmao: Funny how you miss that huh??? :confused3

It's going to be 100 today and I have broken out in a horrible rash from the sun :sad2: I'll be sitting in the shade today while my kids are swimming :guilty: I hope this goes away soon or I'll be at the Dr. begging for something, anything to let me get back in the sun :sunny:

Suzanne

suzannef said:
Really fun mom
I'm sure they will be fine and the kids will figure it out :sunny:

Patsy you are too funny-oh the college days when burning a couch on the front lawn seems like a good idea :rotfl2: :lmao: Funny how you miss that huh??? :confused3

It's going to be 100 today and I have broken out in a horrible rash from the sun :sad2: I'll be sitting in the shade today while my kids are swimming :guilty: I hope this goes away soon or I'll be at the Dr. begging for something, anything to let me get back in the sun :sunny:

Suzanne

It's going to be 97 here and with the heat index feel like 105 Thank God DH fixed the Pool!!!!

I've been here every one, just been lurking. I had a super busy weekend and now to recover I'm getting a cold. DH germies ya know; I tried my best to avoid him. I HATE getting sick. *sigh* All I can say is wow, this thread is hopping! Did we decide which band company to go with? I haven't scrolled through the last 3-4 pages.

Continue to stay cool every one! Make it a great Monday! :cheer2:

suzannef said:
Suzanne

Good luck with the rash, what do you think it is?

taeja71 said:
I've been here every one, just been lurking. I had a super busy weekend and now to recover I'm getting a cold. DH germies ya know; I tried my best to avoid him. I HATE getting sick. *sigh* All I can say is wow, this thread is hopping! Did we decide which band company to go with? I haven't scrolled through the last 3-4 pages.

Continue to stay cool every one! Make it a great Monday! :cheer2:

No decisions on the wristbands yet.

Good luck with the cold. I had one last week. Summer colds are the pits! :sick: I used Zicam regularly. I'm not sure if it really works but my symptoms only lasted three days so I can't complain.

LCTsMom said:
Good luck with the rash, what do you think it is?

No decisions on the wristbands yet.

Good luck with the cold. I had one last week. Summer colds are the pits! :sick: I used Zicam regularly. I'm not sure if it really works but my symptoms only lasted three days so I can't complain.

Thank you, I love Zicam! Its worth every dollar (b/c its so expensive I put dollar instead of penny).

Suzanne, I hope your rash gets better soon.

Patsy, that is the cutest puppy!

Vicki- what are your pool hours??

ReallyfunMom, My son's walking around with shirts 2 sizes too big for him. I'm sure the eyepatch will be fine. I'll just move the patch over his mouth if he gets out of hand. :thumbsup2

:rolleyes1 I missed the deadline again....well, here's my vote....*drum roll starts*.................................................................................................................................................. popcorn:: ................................................................................................... ............................................................................. pirate: ................................................................................................................................................................................... :rolleyes1 ....................................... :sad2: ....................................... :dance3:

I vote for the cheapest one! It won't be the exact color, but we'll get more text for our $$$. This is the one where we have to pay for shipping correct? If we choose this one, then I suggest we order on our own. Just my 2cents.

What are your thoughts all? :hourglass

suzannef said:

Suzanne

Oh, it's more like.. a sport up in Morgantown.
Last year or maybe two years ago one of the fires got a bit out of control and engulfed some student's car.. and all of WVU came together to buy her a new car. Funny how THAT is the common cause that united so many :grouphug: haha..

It's fun to walk around on the bigger game nights and see all the cheap-o couches laying around on the front lawns of Frats and such.. You know, if we win, there will be some couches burning!!

My brother and I once wondered how many thrift shop people in Morgantown could make a living just off of selling used couches...
Even the ::cop:s have given up.
There are a couple things all WVU students are known for..
party:, :drinking1 , and the burning of the couch...

Edited to add...

Rink appreciates all the adoration. He knows he's cute but he definitely doesn't mind being reminded :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter