Disneyland Paris - News

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
We don't have a news thread on here.

- The new ambassadors have been installed this morning: Carmen Lleó Badal and Quentin Rodrigues. Celebration happened in the new Disney Junior theater.
Click here
241918894_4633979376653912_4032273623186109028_n.jpg

- Coco decoration is up in Frontierland.

- Halloween/Villains merchandise starts to pop in different stores.

- Rustler Roundup Shootin’ Gallery will be back up per October 1st

- Scaffolding from the top of the castle is removed:

this is great! especially excited about the scaffolding - hoping it slowly creeps further away in the next few weeks for us. :)

There is a new screen at the back of Castle Stage. Roses and thorns, that means something most evil must be happening ;-)

242219223_1734547513401940_5117640711607489846_n.jpg

Premier access scan booths are installed at the former FP entrances of Big Thunder & Space Mountain.

242166523_1734610290062329_7715667451631866322_n.jpg

- Summer season is over, so low season is lower prices on Premier Access? Or just because it didn't sell ;-) Except Spacemountain....

Big Thunder Mountain is still €12
Peter Pan : €12 instead of €15
Star Tours : €5 instead of €8
HyperSpace Mountain : €12 instead of 9€
Buzz Lightyear : €12 instead of €15
Autopia : €5 instead of €8
Tower of Terror: €12 instead of €15
Ratatouille is still €12

- More of the castle has been revealed. The top tower is visible.
242738289_1739796502877041_7760844130542646606_n.jpg

- Yesterday and today Stitch is already out in his Halloween outfit near Casey's Corner
https://fb.watch/8dt_2-BUhO/
- Nautilus is in refurbishment

- Halloween decoration in Disney Village is up

- King Ludwig's Castle in Disney Village has an Oktoberfest menu

- The ride picture in Pirates and the Caribbean is back

- More and more stores have their Halloween merchandise ready (Coffre Du Capitaine and Thunder Mesa Mercantile)

Last night was the press event for the Christmas season presentation. As it's still Corona time, it's not that spectacular:

- Some new snacks (Cookies, of course)
- The special dinners for Christmas / NYE have new cocktails, one alcohol, one non-alcohol)
- Some new merchandise, like a new sweater
- Let's Sing Christmas will come back to Videopolis
- If we will get the new (or any) Christmas parade will depend on the rules and regulations from the French government.
The new parade was planned to debut in 2020, but got postponed due to the pandemic.

242928710_1740733889449969_8242783253054476225_n.jpg

Last edited:
Below was news to me, but maybe you already knew about it!

New! Ladurée stand in Disneyland Hotel
The Facebook page of DLP Reports has a map of the new design of the hotel lobby of the Disneyland hotel. The famous macaron store Ladurée will have a stand in the Disneyland Hotel after the refurbishment :D
Usually I get my macarons on my way back at Charles de Gaulle airport, but now I will have a new place!

9cd9850db2116b3abc3f804985f1a97cc73b14e1_image_8991_1.png

The map:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=259442599391948&set=a.217200876949454

From several social media sources:

It just was announced that in Disneyland Paris for the show Lion King - Rhythm of the Pridelands (not new, but 2nd show to return after covid), you can pay 15 euro p/p (about same amount in $) for guaranteed access to the show...
Yes, the show was popular, there is not a lot of entertainment and DLP still has reduced capacity, but still!

My first thought: what the PEEP?

Disgusting.
For little more I can get a good seat at a West End show. Which is full length and I haven't already paid a ticket to enter theatreland.
I paid £25 for a band B ticket for the Lion King a couple of weeks ago. £30 for Mary Poppins.

I must admit, after giving it some thought... I might do this. Like they had a one week princess celebration, if it was a new show, I was very limited on time and it was a show I really wanted to see... I might. A 20 minute show is better value than a FP for a 90 seconds ride. ;-)

But then again, we all know that Disney would never create an interesting show for just one week. Most is for an entire season and usually they are used for more than 1 year.

I like the Lion King show, they did create something special. But I have seen it at least 3 times, I will not pay to see it a fourth time.

According to ED 92: Buffets might return to normal end of this month! At the moment it is still all-you-can-eat, but it's plated family-style and brought to you.
To celebrate that, I have made reservations for Café Agrabah and Plaza Gardens for my next trip ;-)

The Storybook Store which was turned into an AP store only a few weeks ago (and was a total disaster in the one weekend it was open) is now dedicated to Mickey & Minnie merchandise.

According to ED 92: Buffets might return to normal end of this month! At the moment it is still all-you-can-eat, but it's plated family-style and brought to you.
To celebrate that, I have made reservations for Café Agrabah and Plaza Gardens for my next trip ;-)
I have to say I don't mind it too much the way it is just. Buffets are fun, but also not very hygienic. You chose a "platter" from a list, which includes a few items from the buffet and they bring it to you. There is less flexibility, of course. In the cow boy platter I would have preferred a second pork rib and skip the chicken wings, but the wings ended being better, so there is some serendipity there 🤣

Shall we do some news from the past weeek?

Biggest announcement is about the changes to the DAS program as of December 3rd.
Read all about it here: https://www.ed92.org/en/new-accessibility-and-disability-programme-at-disneyland-paris/

- The castle is getting revealed more and more

- There was a strike of the hotel cleaners which led to a big mess at New Port Bay.
Didn't see it on social media from other hotels. Let's hope the unions can get it resolved quickly.

- Sequoia Lodge will reopen in December, however the pool & gym will be closed from mid January till the summer.

- This weekend DLP is sold out. (Within the capacity limits)

- The Thalys between Amsterdam and Disneyland Paris MIGHT resume again somewhere Spring 2022 (too far away!)

- Mickey & Minnie's new Christmas outfit got revealed:

- The ride picture in Pirates of the Caribbean is back!

- The selfie spot with Anna/Elsa/Kristoff disappeared... but the sign outside says 'see you soon', will it be back?
Olaf is still there.

Fun fact:
Part of the music from DLP's Jungle Book Jive show 2019 can be heard in Harmonious in Epcot!

https://fb.watch/8GSw0d3HNu/

We saw Harmonius and I remember this scene and thinking it reminded me of something besides the movie. So, that’s what it was! Thanks for pointing this out!

We start the week with positive news from Disneyland Paris!

- The new Christmas Parade "Mickey and his Sparkling Christmas Parade" will be shown during the Christmas season! And there is a daytime and nighttime version! :D As of 13 November 2021
- The firework show "Illuminations" will be back 21 December 2021
- The daytime parade "Stars on Parade" will be back on 10 January 2021

There is also a video released now and it looks amazing! So excited!
Glad I booked a trip, especially after in July I was a bit let down by the 2nd reopening. They seemed to be working on the auto-pilot. But apparently the energy was put to good use! 😀

Last edited:
Phantom Manor is added to the Premier Access list. 5 euro to skip the queue.

With how fast the queues is moving, not going to do that.

Phantom Manor is added to the Premier Access list. 5 euro to skip the queue.

With how fast the queues is moving, not going to do that.

I guess they'll add every ride that used to have FastPass. But the truth is that now that there are not so many fastpass guests, the lines are moving quite fast. I did use the Premier access on Hyperspace Mountain to avoid my party a 1 hour wait as I was riding solo and the single rider line was closed, but apart from that, it's pretty much not needed anywhere as of this moment.

I guess they'll add every ride that used to have FastPass. But the truth is that now that there are not so many fastpass guests, the lines are moving quite fast. I did use the Premier access on Hyperspace Mountain to avoid my party a 1 hour wait as I was riding solo and the single rider line was closed, but apart from that, it's pretty much not needed anywhere as of this moment.
I did the same for Soaring in Shanghai, I was the only one who wanted to ride.
Phantom Manor wasn't a fastpass ride. It did function as a back up a few times for Indiana Jones during long refurbishments.
Indiana Jones is taken out of the Premier Access pool, probably as a FP was rarily needed there anyway? It is in such a remote corner, people seem to forget there is another coaster. Or can't find it.

Otherwise, to pay for Phantom Manor only makes sense when it's extremely busy. Only then it exceeds the 30 - 45 minutes queue. With an ongoing loop ride system, it usually is a decent wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter