Disneyland Paris - News

Tonight was the live show for AP holders on youtube. It is in French, but there are English subtitles (for me the subtitles only work when watching it on my laptop, not when streaming it to my tv)

There were some shows announced, some merchandise for the 30th anniversary released, and a talk with Yves Ollier, who designs the Gardens of Wonder at DLP.
The announcements were switched off with songs/dance with Disney characters and banter between Betty Rose and Jimmy Ocean (original characters from the Pirates & Princess festival)

Show & Events

Disney Junior Dream Factory - 19 February

Lion King – Rhythms of the Pride Lands – 23 February

Disney Pride – 11 June – on sale 8 February

Merchandise

Kevin & Jody made a model of Phantom Manor and Melanie Ravenswood & the Phantom (who look a lot like Corpse Bride)

New collective keys – Rail Road and 30th anniversary version

Rhinoshield Phone Case – 30th anniversary logo

Pandora – 30th anniversary charm

30th anniversary spirit jersey, including pet version

30th anniversary window dressing for Main Street

ED92 announced that Walt's is going to reopen (not giving a date), with a new menu. That's the first time we hear about Walt's in a long time.
Also Auberge de Cendrillon should reopen end of March, with or without characters will depend on the covid situation.

No news about Chef Mickey. They will only reopen with characters.

And we have more news:

- Toad Hall reopening 6 April
- Walt's reopening 12 April
- Mickey and the Magician reopening 23 April (if you love shows don't skip this!)
- As of tomorrow DLP start with selling Mickey bars and turkey legs.

I really doubt the turkey legs are the right snack for this audience, but we shall see.

Any idea when Toad Hall might reopen?
See above.

And we have more news:

- Toad Hall reopening 6 April
- Walt's reopening 12 April
- Mickey and the Magician reopening 23 April (if you love shows don't skip this!)
- As of tomorrow DLP start with selling Mickey bars and turkey legs.

I really doubt the turkey legs are the right snack for this audience, but we shall see.

See above.
Any update on Avengers Campus opening? We are heading to DLP at the end of June...so a definite maybe?

Any update on Avengers Campus opening? We are heading to DLP at the end of June...so a definite maybe?
All we know is 'summer', but I really wouldn't count on June. Knowing how long DLP can work on refurbishments, I would hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

All we know is 'summer', but I really wouldn't count on June. Knowing how long DLP can work on refurbishments, I would hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Thanks-- I guess on the upside an opening later than June might keep the crowds in June lower!

I haven't done a lot of news lately. Life intervened. Next trip is next week for the first Annual Pass Holder party in two years. And due to a mess up at booking.com instead of staying in a standard room at Cheyenne, it's club level at Sequoia Lodge (almost 3 times the price, because the rest was sold out..., but hey, the use of the lounge etc. will be nice on Saturday when we go to the party till 2 a.m.)

The news from DLP.:
- No longer a vaccine or health pass necessary in Disneyland Paris
- Goofy has a new costume to meet in at Santa Fe, it looks fun and very Goofy.

- DLP has not put a limit on how much merchandise people can buy, so dealers have been buying up the new merch for the 30th anniversary. :(
Also because it is all new and rare, lines can get long to get specific merchandise (at Flora's Boutique)

- The shooting gallery has reopened.
- As of April 23rd Mickey and the Magician will return to the Studios :D
- Jessie, Woody & Buzz have the new look, similar to the US.

For the show Dream and Shine Brighter, Pixiedust.be has made a list of places where to stand and where not to stand. Of course it is still an opinion, but something to keep in mind:
https://pixiedust.be/best-places-to-watch-dream-and-shine-brighter-show-at-disneyland-paris

Thanks-- I guess on the upside an opening later than June might keep the crowds in June lower!
June is usually a good time. Schools in Europe are usually going on till early July, there is a bank holiday this year on 4 and 5 of June, but the rest of the month is good. Weather is not too warm yet.

I haven't done a lot of news lately. Life intervened. Next trip is next week for the first Annual Pass Holder party in two years. And due to a mess up at booking.com instead of staying in a standard room at Cheyenne, it's club level at Sequoia Lodge (almost 3 times the price, because the rest was sold out..., but hey, the use of the lounge etc. will be nice on Saturday when we go to the party till 2 a.m.)

The news from DLP.:
- No longer a vaccine or health pass necessary in Disneyland Paris
- Goofy has a new costume to meet in at Santa Fe, it looks fun and very Goofy.

- DLP has not put a limit on how much merchandise people can buy, so dealers have been buying up the new merch for the 30th anniversary. :(
Also because it is all new and rare, lines can get long to get specific merchandise (at Flora's Boutique)

- The shooting gallery has reopened.
- As of April 23rd Mickey and the Magician will return to the Studios :D
- Jessie, Woody & Buzz have the new look, similar to the US.

For the show Dream and Shine Brighter, Pixiedust.be has made a list of places where to stand and where not to stand. Of course it is still an opinion, but something to keep in mind:
https://pixiedust.be/best-places-to-watch-dream-and-shine-brighter-show-at-disneyland-paris
I was there last week and there was definitely a limit of 5 items (each) of the 30th merchandise- they have a sign and verbally remind you twice when you go in. They are supposed to expand out of that store in a few weeks to “everywhere” according to several CMs we spoke with. You can find some 30th stuff in other stores- I know they had the pins in the store at the front of the Studios (across the entry courtyard from where you get the strollers after entering), and you could get the lanyards in nearly every store as well.

Looking forward to seeing the Village being transformed and refreshed, as its long over due

Character dinners and face character meetings back in Disneyland Paris as of 31st of March.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/332...918&hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen
And we have the announcement for the plans for Disney Village

https://pixiedust.be/disneyland-paris-announces-transformation-disney-village/
I saw this announcement and kind of giggled, my post-stay survey spent a lot of time asking how I felt about the Disney Village and, especially after the beautiful makeover of Disney Springs, Disney Village desperately needs a makeover! With things closed for Covid, it was especially dreary. We had to walk through it at least twice a day to get to Marvel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter