Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I know Micechat isn't "official," but they're quoting official sources here:
Chapek aimed the blame squarely at the state of California, expressing his disappointment at Disneyland’s inability to reopen. Disneyland is expected to remain closed through at least Disney’s 2nd quarter (which runs through March of 2021).

Full article here.

Found your earlier post about this (see below). You are right that it was after your expiration date (the post is dated 9/20/20) and about what the CM told you at that time. Sounds like it might be time to call again to get updated information on this issue.

Thank you. I think DH is off tomorrow so I'm going to have him call again if he is.

What I find especially interesting about the latest non-reopening news is now Disney has finally taken the gloves off and they're opening saying how frustrated they are with the state of California over this. Prior to this, they've been, overall, pretty quiet and when they have said anything, they've been really polite. This is basically like them saying "You suck!"

I wouldn't have said this a few weeks ago, but it doesn't seem like this would be a good time to reopen considering the surge in Covid cases nationwide. It could be that CA's tight rein may not have been such a bad idea and maybe the speculative ideas we hold as onlookers aren't as good as the insight of those with the full information on Covid.

I wouldn't have said this a few weeks ago, but it doesn't seem like this would be a good time to reopen considering the surge in Covid cases nationwide. It could be that CA's tight rein may not have been such a bad idea and maybe the speculative ideas we hold as onlookers aren't as good as the insight of those with the full information on Covid.
I disagree - safe is safe. The numbers in FL back in July were much worse. No cases were attributed to the parks being open. The parks being closed is like putting a band-aid on your elbow when you have a cut on your finger.

I disagree - safe is safe. The numbers in FL back in July were much worse. No cases were attributed to the parks being open. The parks being closed is like putting a band-aid on your elbow when you have a cut on your finger.
Are they able to say with certainty that no cases were related to the parks since there is no contact tracing?

California, Oregon and Washington simultaneously announced a Travel Advisory for Non-Essential Travel for their residents on Friday morning. The advisory urges people coming to California from other states or countries to self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020/11/13/california-oregon-washington-covid-travel-advisory/
Hmm. BFF and I are flying in from Arizona on 12/4 to go to DTD, flying back on 12/5. Self-quarantine for 14 days is NOT part of this plan.

Hmm. BFF and I are flying in from Arizona on 12/4 to go to DTD, flying back on 12/5. Self-quarantine for 14 days is NOT part of this plan.

"Urging" people to quarantine for 14 days is far different than in Hawaii, where you MUST quarantine for 14 days (or test negative for COVID no more than 72 hours before your arrival), otherwise Hawaiian law enforcement will arrest you and you face up to 6 months in jail and/or hefty fines.

"Urging" people to quarantine for 14 days is far different than in Hawaii, where you MUST quarantine for 14 days (or test negative for COVID no more than 72 hours before your arrival), otherwise Hawaiian law enforcement will arrest you and you face up to 6 months in jail and/or hefty fines.
Same as here in Canada, 14 day quarantine is mandatory, you must have a quarantine plan in place to give to customs when you arrive, they call you several times during the 14 days, fines steep and jail time is also possible. They're not fooling around in Canada or Hawaii.

The parks being closed is the best call for Disneyland and CA at this point. The numbers are going up
Numbers are going up because testing is going up. However, in Maricopa County, at least (I get a daily update through an app), positive tests are declining as a percentage of the whole (two months ago the positive rate was about 13.3%, and as of today, it's 11.1% - and that's the percentage since the beginning, so a decline to that degree means that the overall decline is even bigger), and deaths are on the decline as a percentage of cases, as well. A "case" is just a positive test. It doesn't mean that the person who was tested is even sick. COVID-related hospitalizations have remained relatively flat. I can't imagine that Maricopa County is an outlier in this regard.

Numbers are going up because testing is going up. However, in Maricopa County, at least (I get a daily update through an app), positive tests are declining as a percentage of the whole (two months ago the positive rate was about 13.3%, and as of today, it's 11.1% - and that's the percentage since the beginning, so a decline to that degree means that the overall decline is even bigger), and deaths are on the decline as a percentage of cases, as well. A "case" is just a positive test. It doesn't mean that the person who was tested is even sick. COVID-related hospitalizations have remained relatively flat. I can't imagine that Maricopa County is an outlier in this regard.
Hi fellow Maricopa County-an! :wave2: (I guess that's actually an assumption on my part).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter