Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

There is some confusion in the CBS article that is quoted above. Disney’s fiscal year runs from October 1st to September 30th. They just reported their 4th quarter 2020 numbers and their fiscal 1st quarter of 2021 started on October 1st. When the executive on the call said they expected the park to stay closed through FISCAL Q1 2021 that implied through Dec 31, 2020 and is different than if they had said through CALENDAR Q1 2021. Now, it’s very possible - and at this point it’s fair to say probable - that Disneyland will still be closed through March 31 but that is not what was said on the call. I was reading conflicting reports and went back to reread the transcript to confirm that that’s the case.

Also, Below is the parks blog updated on the BVS extension. Has info on Holiday dining. Carthay will only be using a mobile waitlist, no reservations.
Any clues on what that means? How does one get on the mobile waitlist? (I was hoping to book a reservation ... so without reservations ... where do I begin?) THANK YOU!

Any clues on what that means? How does one get on the mobile waitlist? (I was hoping to book a reservation ... so without reservations ... where do I begin?) THANK YOU!
We won't know for sure until Thursday when it opens. I have a feeling it will be similar to the stores mobile waitlist where you scan a QR code and join. Check Thursday for updates, I'm sure we will be posting about it. :)

We won't know for sure until Thursday when it opens. I have a feeling it will be similar to the stores mobile waitlist where you scan a QR code and join. Check Thursday for updates, I'm sure we will be posting about it. :)
Agree that we won't know until BVS opens officially, but I would guess that the mobile waitlist won't be used until the first-come-first-served list fills. Once CCL fills to the allowed capacity, then the mobile waitlist kicks in. Which is how the stores in DTD work now -- if it isn't crowded, there is no virtual queue. You just get in line and wait your turn. And if it is crowded, you scan the QR code and put yourself in the virtual queue, then wait to be called back.

I called the AP line on Friday about our recently expired (11/11) Flexpass refund. I was told that passes with expirations through 10/31 were being processed now. They could not give me a date for our refund but said it could be by the end of November but no guarantee.
Good to know; I had an AP that expired in early October. Will keep watching!

Can't say I am totally surprised. With the way people would line up early, I think that is definitely something they want to avoid. And of course the working together of the candy makers in close proximity. I asked about them a few weeks ago (I think in the Holiday Cheer thread), so glad to have an official answer now.
I feel like it would've been ok since they limit capacity anything and have a virtual wait system. I do wonder about the lack of candy makers though. This weekend at Marceline's at asked a CM if BVS would have a larger variety of treats. She said she wasn't sure given that they had to cutback on the amount of candy makers. Maybe they won't have enough to make the typical treats and candy canes. I'm very glad I was able to get one last year! I still have it wrapped up lol.

I feel like it would've been ok since they limit capacity anything and have a virtual wait system. I do wonder about the lack of candy makers though. This weekend at Marceline's at asked a CM if BVS would have a larger variety of treats. She said she wasn't sure given that they had to cutback on the amount of candy makers. Maybe they won't have enough to make the typical treats and candy canes. I'm very glad I was able to get one last year! I still have it wrapped up lol.
Do you know if they have the prepackaged toffee at Marceline's?? I've been having withdrawals since the parks closed. :sad2: :laughing:

You will first have to get INTO BVS, and then you can go to Carthay and scan in to get on the mobile waitlist. Expect entry to BVS to ALSO require a waitlist. So, there will be no way to plan ahead to go to Carthay.

Also, everyone take note: in order to purchase alcoholic beverages inside BVS, you MUST purchase a meal from the same location. For example, if you want drinks from Carthay, you must also order a meal (any item off the menu counts). If you want to mobile order a beer from Smokejumpers or Award Weiners, you must also purchase a meal, etc. The menus are live on the App for BVS eateries.

Also, everyone take note: in order to purchase alcoholic beverages inside BVS, you MUST purchase a meal from the same location. For example, if you want drinks from Carthay, you must also order a meal (any item off the menu counts). If you want to mobile order a beer from Smokejumpers or Award Weiners, you must also purchase a meal, etc. The menus are live on the App for BVS eateries.
This goes for other restaurants in DTD. I went to Naples a while ago, and they said in order to get alcohol you must order food. So no just sitting and having a drink.

This goes for other restaurants in DTD. I went to Naples a while ago, and they said in order to get alcohol you must order food. So no just sitting and having a drink.

Yep, just wanted to reiterate this rule because I can see people thinking they can just mobile order beer or wine inside DCA, or just sit down for drinks at the Carthay Lounge, but that isn't permitted by CA law at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter