Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I just moved our Aug/Sept trip to all September - the 8-12th. Have to redo all my ADRs but I guess that’s half the fun!! Can someone convince me that BWV is just as good as BWI rooms? It’s our first time in that side of the resort and for some reason I’m nervous!!!
For us the only major difference between the BWI vs BWV is in the bedding options. A standard room in the BWI has 2 Queen beds and many but not all have a sleeper-sofa. A BWV Studio room has 1 Queen bed, a sleeper-sofa, a small fold out bed under the TV.

It can be a little longer hallway walk in the BWV side of the resort if you are in BLDG 2 and your room is down by the tennis courts.

Dave

We have a deluxe studio, standard view. I think that's all that was available. I guess I better make a room request to be close to the elevators!!! Is the door at the end of the hallway to get to the sidewalk to HS obvious? I mean will I have trouble finding it? I don't want to set off any fire alarms!!!

We have a deluxe studio, standard view. I think that's all that was available. I guess I better make a room request to be close to the elevators!!! Is the door at the end of the hallway to get to the sidewalk to HS obvious? I mean will I have trouble finding it? I don't want to set off any fire alarms!!!

Or end up in backstage areas... we tried to take the stairs at Beach Club a couple of times and it became apparent that they didn't expect guests to want to. By the time we hit the ground floor we had no idea how to get back to the guest area!

For us the only major difference between the BWI vs BWV is in the bedding options. A standard room in the BWI has 2 Queen beds and many but not all have a sleeper-sofa. A BWV Studio room has 1 Queen bed, a sleeper-sofa, a small fold out bed under the TV.

It can be a little longer hallway walk in the BWV side of the resort if you are in BLDG 2 and your room is down by the tennis courts.

Dave
On the villas side, there really isn't separate buildings. Just long hallways unless that is what you mean by Bldg 2. You don't leave one building and go to another. The sleeper sofa in the BWV studio is double sized and the murphy bed under the television is bunk sized (smaller than a twin).

If you book a cash stay at BWV, the standard view that you book will more than likely be what DVC members call the Preferred View (garden, pool, but not BW view). If you take a stairway down, you won't set off any alarms. But you'll need your magic band to reopen the door from the outside.

If you book a cash stay at BWV, the standard view that you book will more than likely be what DVC members call the Preferred View (garden, pool, but not BW view). I

Yes. We booked a 1BR BWV once through a bounce back offer and got a wonderful pool view room. Looked right into the clown's mouth. I spent a few hours on the balcony watching kids spit out of the clown's mouth. Good memories!

If you book a cash stay at BWV, the standard view that you book will more than likely be what DVC members call the Preferred View (garden, pool, but not BW view). I

Yes. We booked a 1BR BWV once through a bounce back offer and got a wonderful pool view room. Looked right into the clown's mouth. I spent a few hours on the balcony watching kids spit out of the clown's mouth. Good memories!

Can someone help me find on a map where the door would be on the BWV side to get out to the sidewalk to HS faster? TIA!

There are stairs at the very end of all the Villa side hallways. There are also some halfway down the hallway. Any of the ones at the end bring you out very close to the walkway to the studios.
Denise

I've noticed that Undercover Tourist has 2 view categories, Standard or Water. On the Disney website, there are 3. Standard, Garden and Water. If I booked Standard through UT, does that mean that we could get either garden or parking lot? It's a big savings off of the disney site, (not looking at water view, only standard) but I would not want one of the rooms that overlook the bus stop at BWI. If I booked directly through Disney I would do Garden. Does anyone have any experience booking BW with UT? Thank you.

Can someone help me find on a map where the door would be on the BWV side to get out to the sidewalk to HS faster? TIA!
There are stairs at the very end of all the Villa side hallways. There are also some halfway down the hallway. Any of the ones at the end bring you out very close to the walkway to the studios.
Denise
Just walk toward the end of the hall and look for the green EXIT signs. Go down the stairs and out the door. When you get out, look around so you can find the door again and check for a touchpad for your MB to unlock the door when you return.

I just moved our Aug/Sept trip to all September - the 8-12th. Have to redo all my ADRs but I guess that’s half the fun!! Can someone convince me that BWV is just as good as BWI rooms? It’s our first time in that side of the resort and for some reason I’m nervous!!!
What are your concerns? We have stayed both, and I prefer a DVC studio for a longer stay for the kitchenette.

Not sure I have any real concerns- I guess it’s just new to me :). Our first stay at BWI we were soooo far from the elevator so I’m hoping we don’t end up on never never land again. Other than that the rooms look nice and I probably prefer the bedding at BWV!!

Here is an old map that I updated with information on buildings 1 & 2, some (not all) stairs to get an idea of how to locate the walkway to DHS. It also shows the room blocks by floor & also indicates a great shortcut (weather permitting) from the south end of BLDG 2 to the Bus stop.

Note: Buildings 1 & 2 are joined at the main villa elevators (just off the lobby area). They are all under roof and appear to be on very large long building but for technical reasons are distinct identified buildings.

Disneys-BoardWalk-Villas_exits.jpg

(Thumbnail image) click to enlarge & download

Dave

Here is an old map that I updated with information on buildings 1 & 2, some (not all) stairs to get an idea of how to locate the walkway to DHS. It also shows the room blocks by floor & also indicates a great shortcut (weather permitting) from the south end of BLDG 2 to the Bus stop.

Note: Buildings 1 & 2 are joined at the main villa elevators (just off the lobby area). They are all under roof and appear to be on very large long building but for technical reasons are distinct identified buildings.

View attachment 488889

(Thumbnail image) click to enlarge & download

Dave
That map looks like it was modified by someone to add all the directions, arrows, etc. I've never heard of BWV having two buildings.

bWV.jpg

Not sure I have any real concerns- I guess it’s just new to me :). Our first stay at BWI we were soooo far from the elevator so I’m hoping we don’t end up on never never land again. Other than that the rooms look nice and I probably prefer the bedding at BWV!!
I can understand that... our first stay at BWI our room was the second to last down the hall... the plus side was that we right near the back stairs that led to the quiet pool. Our last stay at BWV we had an amazing room on the 5th floor... it was a great location near the elevators, and we had a great view.

So...I did a thing today....for my mental health:). We have a reservation in December, BWI deluxe club level and we're certainly continuing to remain optimistic that it will happen. In the unlikely event that it doesn't happen, this morning I called and made another reservation...for next April, week after Easter, same hotel and booking category. We're AP holders and we'd normally expire February 14, 2021 but with the coming extensions of AP's, we'll be fine for next April. I feel better...a little more broke but our credit card has to be wondering if we fell off the face of the earth so now it's happy too:). Question...will this new reservation show up in MDE? So far it hasn't...and usually when changes are made via a CM, MDE updates within minutes. Has anyone else made verbal reservations into 2021 and NOT seen a reflection in MDE? I would have made the reservation in MDE but it's only allowing reservations through 12/31/2020.

Edit...I did just receive an Email confirmation so regardless of MDE, I think we're OK as far as a valid reservation. Hoping it goes to MDE so I can stalk prices at some point!

Last edited:
To all my fellow Boardwalk lovers I will give the thread a bump and show my new discovery trying to bring Disney home and get me through to January. I found an AM/FMradio with Bluetooth that is pretty close to the look of the Bellevue Lounge radios. Found 1920s radio broadcasts on YouTube and I can almost feel like I am in the Bellevue..........not really but it helps:)
87ACE5CC-8D57-4985-8C7D-E8919A91EC53.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter