Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Noticed two 5G towers going in at BWI. Also saw them at Poly, YC, and WL. Probably eventually everywhere I guess, if not already.

61227CE0-19F7-4AB6-9CCC-3A71579FFE49.jpeg

0C346025-5350-43ED-B286-9684C60449FC.jpeg

Yes the bakery is open daily with a somewhat reduced selection of fresh items due to less foot traffic. The display cases are not packed as full as in the past but still several great options each day.

ETA: Current hours are 7 AM - 11 AM (Breakfast), 11 AM - 9 PM.

Dave

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recent photos of the slide? Just wondering if anyone can see any progress being made on it. :)

Does anyone have any recent photos of the slide? Just wondering if anyone can see any progress being made on it. :)

I don’t have a pic, but when I walked by last Friday it was still all in that wrapped construction wall covering, same as what I had seen previously posted on Twitter. No obvious signs of anything, best I could tell.

Are they currently doing any recreation activities at Boardwalk? Nightly movies, outdoor craft table, etc.? If so, any chance anyone has a recent schedule?

Does anyone know if the gift shop is open? We will be there Dec 13-21 and would like to get a coffee mug on arrival for the week. If it's not open, where is the closest one we can walk to?

Does anyone know if the gift shop is open? We will be there Dec 13-21 and would like to get a coffee mug on arrival for the week. If it's not open, where is the closest one we can walk to?

Last I heard, the big gift shop down on the BoardWalk is open. The tiny gift shop in the lobby is not open. But I'm not there, I'm just repeating what I recall reading here. Also, I assume you are referring to the refillable mugs and not just a regular coffee mug to use while you are there; that would make a difference in the answer.

Last I heard, the big gift shop down on the BoardWalk is open. The tiny gift shop in the lobby is not open. But I'm not there, I'm just repeating what I recall reading here. Also, I assume you are referring to the refillable mugs and not just a regular coffee mug to use while you are there; that would make a difference in the answer.

I'm referring to ceramic coffee mugs, not the refillable ones. Sorry for the confusion! I forgot there's more than one :) I saw where they're leaving all paper products in the room, including cups so I figured we'd take this opportunity and buy new mugs right when we get there to save some paper and decrease our garbage we have to take out. We drive so we are able to take lots of breakable things home with us!

I'm referring to ceramic coffee mugs, not the refillable ones. Sorry for the confusion! I forgot there's more than one :) I saw where they're leaving all paper products in the room, including cups so I figured we'd take this opportunity and buy new mugs right when we get there to save some paper and decrease our garbage we have to take out. We drive so we are able to take lots of breakable things home with us!
The Screen Door General Store is open, but with shortened hours from pre-covid. When I was there in Oct, I saw a display of the ceramic mugs. :)

Usually, you'll have ceramic mugs in the studio, but paper plates and bowls, plus maybe a to go cup with lid. Plastic flatware in the studio. One bedrooms and larger will have real dishes, not paper.

Is there a pathway to walk from Boardwalk to DHS? How far is it? TIA!

Yes. It is a nice, well lit path along the water. I’d say it averages to be about a 15 min walk, but it really depends on your pace. FYI there is no shade, so mid day during summer months it will be hot. But mornings and evenings are very pleasant There are even videos of the full walk on YouTube if you’re interested

Does anyone have an email address for a manager for BWV? I'd like to share a wonderful experience! Thank you!
I have WDW.GM.Boardwalk@disney.com. When we stayed at BWV in January, a card in the room told us to go to http://diz.sv/boardwalkstay if we wanted to tell them something. We had a similar card at RIV and used a similar website address to report something positive with our room, and we received a prompt response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter