Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are there in about 3 weeks! Is it safe to assume the slide will finally reopen by then? Fingers crossed it stays warm enough for afternoon swims when we are there!

Sort of surprised at some of the negative comments I see online. That slide itself is still one of the BEST and most well-themed slides at any WDW resort. I mean, the thing is built in a giant wooden roller coaster. The theming of a bridge that provides a walkway over the end to connect to sides of the pool (and prevent people from being to jump in right by the slide splash area) is a pretty minor part of the overall slide, IMO.

I am sitting at BWV right now and wondering if the slide is open. My kids have been so sad that they wouldn’t get to go down a slide, but luckily it’s been too cold to swim. I hope we don’t show up to the pool tomorrow and they can see a finished slide that they can’t use!

As BCV owners, we decided to venture out of our element and spend 5 nights at the BWVs! We had room 4063 overlooking the courtyard. Weather was relatively cool but the pool was doable for mid-day breaks. The BW was definitely quiet with limited activities and some restaurant closures. I have to say, the staff was great during our whole stay! We had no luck with ROTR boarding groups trying exactly at 7:00 AM on 3 of our mornings. We simply chose another park after that and went our way. I've attached a picture of the view from our room and a couple of Christmas decoration pictures for your enjoyment! We'll be heading back to home base [BCV] in January which was supposed to be for MW but will make the best of it with the early start for festival of the arts! Any questions, just let me know!

Thanks for this update, heading there in January. When you say "limited activities" do you mean the Boardwalk entertainers? I assume they aren't there right now? Did the recreation staff at BW host any other activities at BW besides the nightly movie?

Thanks so much!

Thanks for this update, heading there in January. When you say "limited activities" do you mean the Boardwalk entertainers? I assume they aren't there right now? Did the recreation staff at BW host any other activities at BW besides the nightly movie?

Thanks so much!
Yes, the Boardwalk entertainers were missing. No ESPN Club, Flying Fish or Big River Grill, no food kiosk booths were open, no carnival games, no surrey bikes and Ample Hills has closed for good. There were daily pool activities and the movies were shown on select nights on the green.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter