Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Yes, you can go down the stairs, although some doors are exit only and some will allow you to re-enter using your MB or room key card. On the BW view wing, there's an exit near Jellyrolls that lets you out onto the activity or croquet lawn (look for the L on the map below) and from there you can walk to DHS or cross the bridge to Swan/Dolphin and catch the boat to DHS there. There's also a stairway toward the other end of the BW view wing, but a bit before you get to the elevators, that lets you out onto the Boardwalk near the store (near the Q on the map), and that's a shortcut to Epcot and the boat dock.

It depends on how far down the corridor your room is, of course, but probably no more than 5 minutes. But when you have blisters on your feet, it seems like hours! :cutie:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/BoardWalkMap.pdf
Which letter on the map is where the BW studios located? thank you

We just got back from 9 nights at Boardwalk. We had one issue with our room flooding, it was ground flood and water was seeping up through the wood floor in the bed area, so we had to switch rooms at midnight, but they gave us a $225 room credit for the issue.

Only complaint is the pool food area had nothing gluten free for myself or my child (not super surpristing) so we always had to go out to the Boardwalk when at the pool to get food. Otherwise, we had a great trip with low to medium crowds at the parks and amazing weather.
Which gluten free food did you like? We're heading there this weekend and my husband's gluten free so I'm trying to make a mental note of which food places to go to/skip. I've looked at menus but always nice to have an opinion!

Which gluten free food did you like? We're heading there this weekend and my husband's gluten free so I'm trying to make a mental note of which food places to go to/skip. I've looked at menus but always nice to have an opinion!
The pizza at the window was really good. The sandwiches as the Deli were very meh, I tried the Italian and turkey. Trattoria al Forno was really good, we sat down once and wanted to get take out again but we never saw that show up as available.

We also had a grilled chicken sandwich and hotdog from The Market at Yacht Club that were both really good. They also had a ton of GF snacks at the market in Yacht Club. We also went to Beaches and Cream at Beach Club, the food was good but the service was slow and it was super loud/hectic inside.

The pizza at the window was really good. The sandwiches as the Deli were very meh, I tried the Italian and turkey. Trattoria al Forno was really good, we sat down once and wanted to get take out again but we never saw that show up as available.

We also had a grilled chicken sandwich and hotdog from The Market at Yacht Club that were both really good. They also had a ton of GF snacks at the market in Yacht Club. We also went to Beaches and Cream at Beach Club, the food was good but the service was slow and it was super loud/hectic inside.
I didn't realize the pizza window had gf! I hate when they don't have them on the menu, like the beignets at POFQ.

I had the market as a maybe, so we'll definitely head that way in our downtime. I appreciate it!

ok, quick question. We are staying for the second time at BWV in Feb 2025, but this time we will be getting a boardwalk view studio.
I know people say that those BW views are a long walk from the lobby.

Questions:
1. Can I get from BW view studios to the Epcot, Hollywood or the bus stop via a shortcut without having to go to the lobby? If yes, is that shorter distance/time than going via lobby? how do I get there?

2. When you say "long walk" from BW view studios to lobby, how many minutes? 5 min, 10 min Walk? Thanks

I stayed in a BWV room with a view of a random body of water near the main entrance aaaaaallllllll the way at the end (or super close to it), and even that walk wasn't too bad. We had an entrance/exit door near us, so we could get outside quickly that way. One night, we mobile ordered from a QS place in Epcot and a few of us went to pick it up and bring it back. So it couldn't be too far a walk!

Unfortunately, that’s nothing new 🙁 Posted HERE like a week ago. Someday this year they’ll open. Maybe. 🤣

But there is a new boat dock sign, though, according to that article you posted…

Sign at a boat dock displaying directions to yacht club, beach club, swan and dolphin hotel, and disney's hollywood studios under a sunny sky.'s hollywood studios under a sunny sky.
“During our recent visit, crew members were installing a new sign at the BoardWalk’s Friendship dock. The dock was refurbished back in March. The new sign is above the dock’s entrance, attached to the white archway. It has three arrows pointing to each walkway of the dock. The one on the right is labeled for EPCOT. The center is labeled “Exit.””
You taking bets on how many people will get in the wrong line anyway?:rotfl2:

Can anyone confirm that the pool bar will fill the refillable mugs? I have seen conflicting reports that people have been told they are no longer filling them there. TIA

Here now, and room faces Epcot, saw this tonight:
IMG_3499.jpeg

From our balcony.

Like the rooms enough, though was hoping for 2 beds, but got a king and sofa bed. Big bathroom. Walk to Epcot took us 5 minutes. No pool this time, but does look nice. Walked by the lawn where showing the movie as we walked back from being in Epcot.

Both the hot door place and cake place, we saw nothing being done on them this weekend, so far. Planter trees along front of hotdog place, walls up along cake place.

We arrived Friday, late dinner time, as was delayed 3 hours on our flight here.

Can anyone confirm that the pool bar will fill the refillable mugs? I have seen conflicting reports that people have been told they are no longer filling them there. TIA
Could you have mixed this with the comments about the Bellevue lounge being hit or miss. The Bellevue lounge was / is not an official refill location for the refillable mugs.

Dave

Dave, I did put in a request in writing, and calling, but by all the cars in the parking lots, and tough to find a parking space when we arrived, it looked very very busy the day we checked in. And luckily, my adult daughter doesn’t mind the sofa bed.

And we do like the room, as quiet and just far enough from the elevators, and at an end, so no one next to us, on the one side.

Could you have mixed this with the comments about the Bellevue lounge being hit or miss. The Bellevue lounge was / is not an official refill location for the refillable mugs.

Dave
No, they were specifically told the pool bar did not fill the mugs. I have never heard that the Bellevue lounge ever filled them.

@micheleg I am sure you meant the Boardwalk Deli (old name Boardwalk bakery) location. I do know that the Leaping Horse libations only has limited drink offerings and it is not self-service. Maybe a bartender choice who knows.
They did a month ago!
As @Isabelle12345 posted above to your query that they were able to refill at Leaping Horse libations Pool bar last month.

Dave

@micheleg I am sure you meant the Boardwalk Deli (old name Boardwalk bakery) location. I do know that the Leaping Horse libations only has limited drink offerings and it is not self-service. Maybe a bartender choice who knows.

As @Isabelle12345 posted above to your query that they were able to refill at Leaping Horse libations Pool bar last month.

Dave
Yes, thanks and thanks for your reply😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter