• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I worry about folks like Irv and Ivette at Poly, and countless similar others across the resorts and parks. Many of us have CM’s we’ve gotten to know along the way. I hope they are well and have roles to return to someday.

But on a lighter note, just ran across this pic when looking for something else. They can take away fancy apps, just don’t take away my beer, goldfish, and favorite CMs. :-)

ADCF7424-0AD9-452B-B650-54A16E02D13E.jpeg

I’m sorry you’re going through this, but hope you are feeling better! :flower3:
Thank you! It's a long process, but I think I'll be able to get out of isolation tomorrow (fingers crossed for no fever), longest virus ever but I'm definitely on the mend :)

It is very therapeutic! I too have my 80+ year old aunt and my best friend has had the active virus for over 2 weeks now. Last week was a bad week for my aunt but she is definitely on the mends - she is home - we just can't believe how long this virus lasts - even when you are not on a ventilator. The hardest part is not being able to help them.

I am sorry that you had the virus and glad that you are feeling better. Can I ask how long you had symptoms of the virus? My aunt and best friend started over 2 weeks ago and they still have symptoms and very weak - definitely better but still not over it.

It is such a long virus! I've never experienced anything like this before. The cough started 18 days ago, still there a little bit but definitely getting better. The fever started 14 days ago but thankfully has been gone for almost 72 hours now (cross your fingers). I never had trouble breathing, but my chest felt heavy/tight and I had a few nights where I wasn't sure things were going to be ok. The second week was definitely the hardest (last week), I thought for a whole day I was on the up and up and then it hit me hard that night. I do get tired real easy now, it'll take some time to get back on my feet, but it's getting better. I am in my 30's and pretty healthy, I can only imagine what this would be like if I were older with other health problems. I'm only a few days shy of 3 weeks, so it definitely takes time, and I've heard it can take some people upwards of 6 weeks to get better :(

I worry about folks like Irv and Ivette at Poly, and countless similar others across the resorts and parks. Many of us have CM’s we’ve gotten to know along the way. I hope they are well and have roles to return to someday.

But on a lighter note, just ran across this pic when looking for something else. They can take away fancy apps, just don’t take away my beer, goldfish, and favorite CMs. :-)

View attachment 484714
not a big goldfish eater, but I just need that perfect oatmeal I have at every lounge. I swear, if I could make oatmeal that good I'd be the happiest person alive.

I agree completely! I actually have the virus, we believe I got it from a job interview at a hospital (came home with a job and a little extra I guess 😷), and it’s good to talk about stuff other than the virus. This Saturday will be 3 weeks from the onset of symptoms, and I’ve been in isolation in my home since then just trying to stay positive. I have a non-CL trip booked for July that I’m choosing to be positive about, and I have a CL trip booked for right before Christmas that I’m choosing to believe will be just as magical as it would have been. That being said, I didn’t book it for amazing amenities or anything, I did it as a place to escape the holiday crowds and get a light “free” snack so I’m not too concerned.
Currently trying to figure out when to rebook my May trip, because even if by some odd chance they do re-open I’m not keen to be there that soon. Planning is keeping my mind busy and happy, it’s all I have right now, and it’s working.
I’m sorry that you have to go through this. I hope you heal well and completely. Take care.

My hope for everyone on this board is to stay healthy and hold on the dream of walking through the gate of Magic Kingdom, eating a Mickey bar, and riding “It‘s a small world”. :grouphug:

:thumbsup2

I actually have the virus, we believe I got it from a job interview at a hospital (came home with a job and a little extra I guess 😷), and it’s good to talk about stuff other than the virus. This Saturday will be 3 weeks from the onset of symptoms, and I’ve been in isolation in my home since then just trying to stay positive.

Currently trying to figure out when to rebook my May trip, because even if by some odd chance they do re-open I’m not keen to be there that soon. Planning is keeping my mind busy and happy, it’s all I have right now, and it’s working.

I'm sorry you contracted the virus, but hope you're doing ok and will be free of it soon. Continuing to plan a trip is the best way to stay busy and keep your mind off of everything going on, at least for a little while :).

It's a long process, but I think I'll be able to get out of isolation tomorrow (fingers crossed for no fever), longest virus ever but I'm definitely on the mend

Glad to hear you're doing better! Hope things continue to go well and you are back to yourself soon :flower3:.

Thank you! It's a long process, but I think I'll be able to get out of isolation tomorrow (fingers crossed for no fever), longest virus ever but I'm definitely on the mend :)

It is such a long virus! I've never experienced anything like this before. The cough started 18 days ago, still there a little bit but definitely getting better. The fever started 14 days ago but thankfully has been gone for almost 72 hours now (cross your fingers). I never had trouble breathing, but my chest felt heavy/tight and I had a few nights where I wasn't sure things were going to be ok. The second week was definitely the hardest (last week), I thought for a whole day I was on the up and up and then it hit me hard that night. I do get tired real easy now, it'll take some time to get back on my feet, but it's getting better. I am in my 30's and pretty healthy, I can only imagine what this would be like if I were older with other health problems. I'm only a few days shy of 3 weeks, so it definitely takes time, and I've heard it can take some people upwards of 6 weeks to get better :(

That was exactly the issue for my aunt and my friend. The 2nd week was the hardest. My aunt didn't think she was going to make it. They too didn't get the bad respiratory but both are still very weak in week 3.

I am so glad that you are doing better. Thank you so much for the information - I will pass it along to them. No one really has given them an information because they just don't know.

Couple of those are lounge windows (I think).

Thanks for sharing - I love it.

Any opinions for me? YC CL or BWI CL - only $100 difference in price. I have never stayed CL anywhere!

ETA - Both YC CL and BWI CL are available end of August, beginning of September (YC actually $200 less then) but YC CL also available mid September with 'supposedly' lighter crowds
**and YC CL is a garden view, BWI CL standard view

Any opinions for me? YC CL or BWI CL - only $100 difference in price. I have never stayed CL anywhere!

ETA - Both YC CL and BWI CL are available end of August, beginning of September (YC actually $200 less then) but YC CL also available mid September with 'supposedly' lighter crowds
Bwi cl std view I think all views good. Can request water view for no extra charge based on availability.
Some yc cl are roof tops I think those are std view.

BWI has a chef for the 5-7p times.

YC cl only one I haven’t done, I’d pick it if pool more important, (that bwi clown lol)

Location: bwi is easier to walk to HS if you are the walking type,

Decor: yc is a newer set up with hardwood floors, bwi is kinda a mish- mash of a color palette .

Really each has something other doesn’t . What are your priorities? That should help you choose.

Have fun planning😊

Bwi cl std view I think all views good. Can request water view for no extra charge based on availability.
Some yc cl are roof tops I think those are std view.

BWI has a chef for the 5-7p times.

YC cl only one I haven’t done, I’d pick it if pool more important, (that bwi clown lol)

Location: bwi is easier to walk to HS if you are the walking type,

Decor: yc is a newer set up with hardwood floors, bwi is kinda a mish- mash of a color palette .

Really each has something other doesn’t . What are your priorities? That should help you choose.

Have fun planning😊

Thanks! I think our priorities are decent view, good food offerings, ease of grabbing water/ adult beverages and walking to both HS and Epcot! Not necessarily in that order ;) Also important is Less crowded but that’s hard to predict with the rescheduling promo. We have been in both August and September and can handle the heat

Last edited:

We would absolutely pick the BWI over the YC. We did like the YC CL but the BWI CL is no comparison for us. The food, the CMs, and we do enjoy the Clown pool. LOL We walked to HS most of the time the last time we were at the BWI.
Enjoy wherever you stay!

Changed my Spring Break trip to Wilderness Lodge Club Level today to the second full week in August (9-15). I haven't been to Disney in late summer/early fall in 7 years. Any must dos for that time?
We are booked there from 8/9-8/16! There is only 1 mnsshp that week, and it's the first party. We are also booked at GF SL that week. As I said upthread, even if disney is open we may not be going. Have to see what happens with the virus. Dh is worried about germs from around the world.

I've stayed at both and while I did enjoy YC CL, my choice would be BWI CL. I think BWI CL has an edge in that there is a chef that prepares food right there in the lounge. I also found the CMs at BWI to be more personable/friendly.

Thanks! I think our priorities are decent view, good food offerings, ease of grabbing water/ adult beverages and walking to both HS and Epcot! Not necessarily in that order ;) Also important is Less crowded but that’s hard to predict with the rescheduling promo. We have been in both August and September and can handle the heat
Bwi seems better then.

Hello,

We had a trip planned for the end of May that I cancelled earlier this week. The gentleman on the phone, however, said he could not refund my Club Level Fast Passes or Cabana rental. DSS is not currently opened, and I have emailed them twice, only to receive the auto message that they are currently closed. How do I go about getting a refund? It's $800, and with my resort reservation cancelled, I'm concerned what will happen with those Fast Passes (and if DSS will still see that I bought them once they clear out; though I do have my banking records and took screenshots).

I also have Disney Military Salute tickets, so I'm worried what will happen with those if Disney doesn't open this summer. I can't take off during the school year because I'm a teacher (those are worth $1200), hoping they will let me use those next year.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter