Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I enjoyed their staff too . It was the hotel in general I felt boring .

One lady in the lounge was really good.😊

Yeah, we had a lot of rain during our stay so we spent lots of time exploring the resort, saying, where does this hallway go to? Tons of little nooks and crannies and very easy to get lost but we felt also led to it's charm. @jods I think we found every single possible "shortcut" to the CL lounge so if you need any tips let me know.

Yes! that makes total sense. Just FYI, you may already know this but you can use the CL as soon as you check in. There was a family in there one morning and they didn't have a room yet but they let them in, same for EPs. They are good as soon as you check in and until close on check out day.
Thank you for all your tips! I'm planning on heading over early, 8 am pick up at YC.
We've done WDW just about every which way over the years. When not staying club level one challenge I have found is keeping milk cold. If you're in a suite with a full fridge it is fine, but the little dorm fridge in regular rooms is just too small. Even a half gallon is often too tall, and the dorm fridges aren't very cold. One solution I've found is shelf-stable milk boxes, Horizon and Parmalat are probably among the most well-known brands. They can be left out, or chilled one at a time.

Another challenge is getting chocolate home without it melting. If we bring cold packs, the little dorm fridges don't have a freezer. One thing we now pack is an insulated bag and sub chilled soda cans for cold packs. They stay relatively cool for hours.

If your flight is 11:45am, that's well past rush hour worries.
Do those mik juice boxes taste like milk? We need milk for cereal and dh's coffee. He hates regular Disney coffee and one of the main things we will miss with the lounge. He wants to bring a small Keurig and leave it there because he doesn't think the in room ones get cleaned. He has a back pack cooler that is amazing and uses that as his carry on. It holds ice for over 24 hours. That was a great Costco purchase.
Yeah, we had a lot of rain during our stay so we spent lots of time exploring the resort, saying, where does this hallway go to? Tons of little nooks and crannies and very easy to get lost but we felt also led to it's charm. @jods I think we found every single possible "shortcut" to the CL lounge so if you need any tips let me know.
I'm sure I will! Thanks. I feel completely list at UO. I actually printed a list of all there rides haha. I decided I wanted a seafood meal but could only get Lombards for lunch. I'm rethinking everything I have booked for both stays.

Thank you for all your tips! I'm planning on heading over early, 8 am pick up at YC.

Do those mik juice boxes taste like milk? We need milk for cereal and dh's coffee. He hates regular Disney coffee and one of the main things we will miss with the lounge.
Yes, Horizon and Organic Valley taste like regular milk. Parmalat brand is close, but tastes slightly different.

Good coffee is a prime reason to stay CL! The coffee at Universal's CL is decent, but not as good as WDW's Nespresso machines. Porto also has a Starbucks.

Yes, Horizon and Organic Valley taste like regular milk. Parmalat brand is close, but tastes slightly different.

Good coffee is a prime reason to stay CL! The coffee at Universal's CL is decent, but not as good as WDW's Nespresso machines. Porto also has a Starbucks.

I just purchase an inexpensive coffee pot as part of my Target pick up and often leave it in the room... It's worth the $16.00 to have MY coffee first thing (though.last time my sweet driver told me to just give it to him and he'd would hold it for next time. :rotfl2: )

I'm sure I will! Thanks. I feel completely list at UO. I actually printed a list of all there rides haha. I decided I wanted a seafood meal but could only get Lombards for lunch. I'm rethinking everything I have booked for both stays.

If you like sushi, Cowfish and Orchid Lounge are both very good. Orchid Lounge is only open 5-11pm. Cowfish is a fusion sushi and burgers: good food, fun atmosphere, and they offer outdoor seating. The bento boxes are a highlight if you like sampling small bites of different flavors. My most recent visit was pre-pandemic, but it was very popular at busy times.

Also, If you like chocolate/sweets, I suggest to at least walking through the Chocolate Emporium. The restaurant food was just good, not great. Fun steampunk atmosphere though. Many of the ice cream sundaes are also over-the-top Instagram crazy, not at all appealing to us. But the chocolate shop area has a case of amazing confections! For that matter, the desserts at Portofino are also quite good.

I just purchase an inexpensive coffee pot as part of my Target pick up and often leave it in the room... It's worth the $16.00 to have MY coffee first thing (though.last time my sweet driver told me to just give it to him and he'd would hold it for next time. :rotfl2: )

Funny, I was going to add that I once did that myself when we stayed at Pop Century. The walk to the food court was just too far. At the end of our stay, we gave it to hotel staff. Given the present circumstances, that's a great suggestion!

Funny, I was going to add that I once did that myself when we stayed at Pop Century. The walk to the food court was just too far. At the end of our stay, we gave it to hotel staff. Given the present circumstances, that's a great suggestion!

It has been SO worth having it! On my last couple of solo trips I've gotten a small 5-cup Mr. Coffee - along with a pound of my preferred Starbucks. (I usually pack filters since they are so light). Oh! And I also add cheapie paper towels to make clean up easier.

If you are going to do a Target pick up, the "Hunter's Creek" Target allows pick up of cold items as well as wine (just have to show your ID at Pick UP) and regular items. The one on Vineland is a smaller Target and they don't have any cold storage. I usually do my order the night before....when my driver picks me up at the airport I push the "on my way" button and then do drive up. It takes maybe 15 minutes tops!

Hi everyone! I've been away from the boards for quite a while because given Covid and some of my family members' health issues, Disney wasn't a possibility for us, and it just saddened me to read posts here so I had to step away. But things are looking up now that we're all vaccinated and we've been considering booking for Christmas, and I finally saw availability for our dates in a 1BR suite at BC around Christmastime. I know that Disney hasn't announced a BC CL lounge reopening date, but I noticed that this suite wasn't listed under the category of rooms that include CL (and there are currently other rooms available that are listed as including CL). We have stayed in the 1BR suite several times and always had access to the lounge...however, we have also stayed in suites at DLR, and CL isn't included with suites there, but rather is only available as an add-on (for a fee) pending availability (based on capacity) at check-in.

I know this question has already been asked fairly recently, but is anyone else wondering if WDW is planning to make a shift toward DLR's policy re: the suites and remove CL access? I am excited about the possibility of booking the 1BR suite because it works well for our family, but honestly paying that price without knowing that a) CL will be back by Christmastime, or that b) the suites won't be excluded, has us strongly considering booking non-CL for the first time in several years.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and insights...and I hope you all won't mind that I had to step away for my own mental well being. I know that this past year and a half has been tough on everyone...some much more so than others...and I feel so fortunate that my family and I are in good physical and financial health where even contemplating a trip to Disney is a possibility. I wish you and yours good health and good fortune, and am so grateful for the DisBoards, and in particular this incredibly kind and supportive community on the CL thread. :)

Hi everyone! I've been away from the boards for quite a while because given Covid and some of my family members' health issues, Disney wasn't a possibility for us, and it just saddened me to read posts here so I had to step away. But things are looking up now that we're all vaccinated and we've been considering booking for Christmas, and I finally saw availability for our dates in a 1BR suite at BC around Christmastime. I know that Disney hasn't announced a BC CL lounge reopening date, but I noticed that this suite wasn't listed under the category of rooms that include CL (and there are currently other rooms available that are listed as including CL). We have stayed in the 1BR suite several times and always had access to the lounge...however, we have also stayed in suites at DLR, and CL isn't included with suites there, but rather is only available as an add-on (for a fee) pending availability (based on capacity) at check-in.

I know this question has already been asked fairly recently, but is anyone else wondering if WDW is planning to make a shift toward DLR's policy re: the suites and remove CL access? I am excited about the possibility of booking the 1BR suite because it works well for our family, but honestly paying that price without knowing that a) CL will be back by Christmastime, or that b) the suites won't be excluded, has us strongly considering booking non-CL for the first time in several years.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and insights...and I hope you all won't mind that I had to step away for my own mental well being. I know that this past year and a half has been tough on everyone...some much more so than others...and I feel so fortunate that my family and I are in good physical and financial health where even contemplating a trip to Disney is a possibility. I wish you and yours good health and good fortune, and am so grateful for the DisBoards, and in particular this incredibly kind and supportive community on the CL thread. :)
I think the suites will have cl access, I think their IT sucks and it will be bit until they change the room categories back to including it on the website.

My next stay is AKL cl I. 2 weeks. If you miss cl I’ll be posting lots of pix 😄

I think the suites will have cl access, I think their IT sucks and it will be bit until they change the room categories back to including it on the website.

Looking forward to what you find with AKL CL. It's our favorite, and we're going back in December. Hope you find it as good as it was pre-Covid!

BC CL does not have a reopening date at this time so there is no reason to expect it to be open at Christmas, especially since others opening this year have already been announced. BC, YC, Poly and GF Sugarloaf are the CLs with no opening date announced yet.

AKL opens end of month so hopefully the suite question will be resolved in short order.

BC CL does not have a reopening date at this time so there is no reason to expect it to be open at Christmas, especially since others opening this year have already been announced. BC, YC, Poly and GF Sugarloaf are the CLs with no opening date announced yet.

AKL opens end of month so hopefully the suite question will be resolved in short order.
I think it's a safe bet that these hotels won't see CL until 2022.

Many of us are eagerly awaiting your posts of AKL Club. Please do incude lots of photos and tell us what you think of the staffing.

We have a stay in October and I really need to see what is going to be offered. My problem is if it is just prepackaged foods, then there is no where that has vacancies so shifting to another resort is going to be near impossible!

Plus I really want to know how they are going to staff it. We have always loved having the cultural representatives there to tell us all about their lives in their countries.

We are also hearing strong rumors of Boma opening back up again. I really pray they do not try family style as the variety is what makes this pod style buffet amazing!

We are anticipating your upcoming stay almost as much as you are!

Thanks so much for your response. :) I did know that unfortunately BC is one of the CLs with no reopening date yet...I think my worry just stems from my past experiences at DLR, where I was absolutely stunned the first time I booked a suite and learned there was no CL service that came with it. The CM I spoke with that time was in fact surprised to hear that WDW suites came with CL service. I guess that to me it seems like in some respects Disney is charging more for less lately, so I just wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being another instance of that.

I had forgotten about AKL opening end of the month though, so that does make me feel better about getting an answer soon! Thanks again for your time and your kind reply. :)

Many of us are eagerly awaiting your posts of AKL Club. Please do incude lots of photos and tell us what you think of the staffing.

We have a stay in October and I really need to see what is going to be offered. My problem is if it is just prepackaged foods, then there is no where that has vacancies so shifting to another resort is going to be near impossible!

Plus I really want to know how they are going to staff it. We have always loved having the cultural representatives there to tell us all about their lives in their countries.

We are also hearing strong rumors of Boma opening back up again. I really pray they do not try family style as the variety is what makes this pod style buffet amazing!

We are anticipating your upcoming stay almost as much as you are!
It will be a bit tricky. Akl I have only done once back in 2017 so I dont know CM;s like I do at POLY, CR and GF where I have stayed often.

However I do have Friday by myself so I should have time for pix.

My last stay they had a chef dishing out hot appetizers. There were 2 hot each night plus the wall of all the other cheeses etc and more cold appies.

I took a few videos in my phone from that trip so I have been looking at them so I can compare.

THIS better be there!

92B18BD9-61A6-4CEB-9BF3-3D3BF2F0D747.png43813065-89AC-453A-A336-D6E1C6097A91.png

I just figured out something.

ALL of my wdw covid stays the rooms only have paper products. (dvc is different, they still have glassware, dinnerware etc)

I wonder if the cl is not going to have coffee mugs, or wine GLASSES etc but paper and plastic? I got desperate and have been bringing a wine glass with me . I am gong to go get one now for my packing pile lol. Oddly none for sale in the shops!

It will be a bit tricky. Akl I have only done once back in 2017 so I dont know CM;s like I do at POLY, CR and GF where I have stayed often.

However I do have Friday by myself so I should have time for pix.

My last stay they had a chef dishing out hot appetizers. There were 2 hot each night plus the wall of all the other cheeses etc and more cold appies.

I took a few videos in my phone from that trip so I have been looking at them so I can compare.

THIS better be there!

View attachment 595931View attachment 595932
What are those? Reminds me of a Black and Tan, but in a wine glass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter